Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #1

I called the new Country Coach today

All I wanted to do was ask a simple quick question. I asked to talk to somebody technical and was connected to a recording that wanted a credit card number. They charge $25.00 for the first 15 minutes and then $8.00 for each additional 5 minutes after that --- real close to $100 per hour just to talk to you---I just hung up in disgust. I think I can solve my problem without their help!!!

Gene

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
They aren't going to keep or gain customers with that type of service. So much for the "new" CC.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 02-18-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Gene, what kind of question do you have, on what year and model?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 02-18-2011, 05:55 AM   #4

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egb243 View Post
All I wanted to do was ask a simple quick question. I asked to talk to somebody technical and was connected to a recording that wanted a credit card number. They charge $25.00 for the first 15 minutes and then $8.00 for each additional 5 minutes after that --- real close to $100 per hour just to talk to you---I just hung up in disgust. I think I can solve my problem without their help!!!

Gene

Wow ,sounds like they could double as a sex chat line ,I would just stick to this forum ,do a quick search or ask a question .

This forum and the members on here are a wallet saver.
www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #5

Quote:

Gene
There is an article in RV Daily today quoting Ron Lee stating that he has 15 employees to pay. If that story is accurate then obviously Lee can't have many, if any, people manning the phones. Everyone he's got is probably out there putting together what pays the bills. I would think that he has probably outsourced that function to a company that charges for their time. I wouldn't hold it against Country Coach, they're doing their best to get that baby back off the ground again.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to RSMorgan2
FYI, I E-mailed CC about parts. Got a very nice reply. I contacted them again about purchasing the parts but never recieved a reply. After waiting 3 weeks I called the company. I was transferred to the parts dept and got a recording. I left my name and phone number a week ago and am still waiting. I understand they are vamping up but ??? I wish them luck.

1997 Country Coach Intrigue
Old 02-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #7

Yes, they probably outsourced the parts thing to a company that was already serving CC customers with parts sourcing.

I contacted that service many months ago and got the $25.00 fee up front thing. I politely declined the service and informed them that I had not "recently fallen off the local turnip truck".

They responded by asking if they could help me without requiring the fee. I also declined that offer since the first episode raised my suspicions.

I get all of my needed guidance from the CC Owners site on Yahoo, this website, and RV.net.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Old 02-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by radams View Post
I wouldn't hold it against Country Coach, they're doing their best to get that baby back off the ground again.
I believe that's the case as it stands today. CC is beginning to re-emerge and it may take them some time to resume normal business practices. I wish them all the best of luck.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 02-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #9

I did ask my question here???

RV wizzard
I did ask my questions here and have received no responses to them

It's' still posted about 4-5 treads down from this one.

thanks for any help you or anybody else can offer

Gene
Old 02-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
IMHO any company that has bussiness practices like what is posted above does not deserve to make it or survive. If customer service is not one of the top prioity items on thier list they will never get my bussines. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have to be top priority, but if you can't find time to return a call or send an email when there is a sale pending or they charge for someone to call them about thier product. I believe there is enough competition out there that I can find a company that cares enough about thier products to sell or answer questions about it without charging me for the time.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #11

Let's not forget that this is not our father's Country Coach. It's a brand new company that, in essence, decided to use the CC name. They are not the ones who made a profit on selling us a coach. I agree that they could build some good will by offering some portion of advice without a charge.

Dick May
Old 02-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #12

Quote:
RV wizzard
I did ask my questions here and have received no responses to them

It's' still posted about 4-5 treads down from this one.

thanks for any help you or anybody else can offer
When I was thinking about buying a CC, I used the Yahoo CC forum:
Country-Coach-Owners : Country Coach Owners Association

I think you'll get an answer there.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #13

I can see charging for information. Many people call seeking info when all it would take is digging in the manuals supplied with the coach.

There are some good CC techs that do supply free info. They are one man shops and do have excellent info. Might take awhile for them to return a phone call as they are trying to make a living and they can't do that while on the phone.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #14

Sorry CC. I will not do business with a company that charges for technical support. That charge should be included in the cost of the product. If a new company has to do this to remain viable, than their business plan was flawed as they did not have the capital available to see them through the start up phase. JMO.

Greg & Lynn (Full-Timing)
2011 Phaeton 42 QBH / Spartan Chassis
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
Closed Thread