Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
I Hate The Samsung 197

Just had a Samsung 197 installed by Amazing Creations in Junction City. I have now decided I made a mistake because I can't get the ice cream out of the container Doggone freezer keeps the ice cream so cold, I can't dish it out with a spoon.

The refer portion keeps the beer pretty cold also.

Guess I'll just have to live with it
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #2

That ice cream flaw is a major issue. I would suggest leaving the cartons out for 15 minutes before scooping. Of course this affects spontaneity.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Set your freezer temp a bit warmer.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Curious, were they able to get the new fridge thru the entry door? We have the side-by-side Amana residential but would really prefer the french door, bottom freezer style. Will certainly go that route if/when the Amana gives up. The Amana looks huge so do wonder if it will fit thru the door.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Just had a Samsung 197 installed by Amazing Creations in Junction City. I have now decided I made a mistake because I can't get the ice cream out of the container Doggone freezer keeps the ice cream so cold, I can't dish it out with a spoon.

The refer portion keeps the beer pretty cold also.

Guess I'll just have to live with it
When our ice cream comes out of freezer that hard, DW sticks the container with lid on in microwave and nukes it for 15 to 20 seconds, then serving fairly easy...

Have fun

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Curious, were they able to get the new fridge thru the entry door? We have the side-by-side Amana residential but would really prefer the french door, bottom freezer style. Will certainly go that route if/when the Amana gives up. The Amana looks huge so do wonder if it will fit thru the door.
CC didn't start using wide doors until later in the years. Mine is an '02 with the skinny door so they took out the window over the couch. Doors come off both the old one and the new one and they clear the opening by about 4 inches.

Measure the refer without the doors and take a look at the door. It is much easier to use a window.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
CC didn't start using wide doors until later in the years. Mine is an '02 with the skinny door so they took out the window over the couch. Doors come off both the old one and the new one and they clear the opening by about 4 inches.

Measure the refer without the doors and take a look at the door. It is much easier to use a window.
We won't have to worry with it for now. Looking at the big entry door, I suspect the fridge will go thru the door with fridge doors removed. However, I would be paying someone to do it so they can find the best access, window or door.

We just don't like side-by-side fridges. They have less usable space than other configurations. We had more usable storage in an 18cuft top freezer residential in our previous coach than we have in this 22 cuft Amana.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #8

Had mine installed at the same place and they went through the side window also next to the table. I have the same problem as don, bad deal but we just have to live with it
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #9

Possible Solution - Ice Cream
On our residential one, we had the same problem...but not all the time. As it turns out, if the unit is making ice (especially on the fast ice option, if you have one), it will drop the freezer even colder. But, if it's not actively making ice it will allow the freezer to be in a more "scoop friendly" temperature. See if that solves the problem (assuming you've already raised the temp setting on the freezer).
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #10

Howdy!

I would prefer that much more than the cool soup like ice cream that comes out of our Notcold 1200. "Just Saying"!

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #11

How much to swap out the old norcold for the samsung in Junction City?
Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
I had mine done at Kustom Coach Works --Home (Amazing Creations) also, took about 7hrs and they also installed my new Magnum 2812 inverter. They did a great job, cost around $700 I got the frig from Best Buy on sale for $1049 had it sent to there location, so when we got there they had the frig. This is not my install but it looks just like it, it's an 07 mine is an 06
Samsung Refrigerator Install
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
I bought the refer at Home Depot in Eugene for $1100. If you are a vet, take your DD214 and get a 10% discount. They will deliver

Amazing Creations did the work. They installed a new inverter,controller, auto gen start, and battery monitor that I wanted but didn't need. The old 2000 watt MSW would have run the refer just fine. I bought the hardware from Boat Supplies, Marine Electronics & Sailing Gear | iMarine USA They do sell some re-manufactured equipment but I bought all new stuff

They removed a window in the slide, took out the old and brought in the new and then did a couple of mods to the cabinet. They also made some of the drawers in the galley longer so the wife can put more "stuff" in them. They made new drawer boxes that extended about 6" more to the rear. New slides were also installed. They also build a drawer for another cabinet to hold more "stuff".

Cost was $1100 for all that. They also dispose of the old Dometic. Scott & Bobby are great to work with and do excellent work. Scott worked for Davis Cabinets before striking out on his own.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
For all Samsung Fridge owners....

In case you haven't figured it out yet, if you leave the ice maker on 24/7 the temperature of the freezer will be so cold that YES the ice cream will be concrete BRICK hard.

I do not leave my ice maker on but only for the times I need to make ice and then when the bin is half full I turn it off until the next time.

I have temp sensors in both the fridge and freezer compartments. I monitor these temps daily (a leftover habit from the NotSoCold days). Well, one day while making ice cubes I noticed that the freezer was up to -18F even though it was set for -4F. Well for two days while making cubes it fluctuated between -12F and -18F. Once I had all the cubes I needed I turned off the ice maker and it went back to its normal temperature range of 0F to -8F.

Therefore, the control logic that Samsung has placed into the control board when making ice cubes is to have the compressor run more often causing the freezer to run far colder which will make ice cubes faster.

Just a FYI for those that are members of the Samsung Ownership Club.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote