Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #1

Interior Remodeling

Any have any experience with these company's. The good-bad, costs and quality of work.

Or if you can recommend others on the west coast.

Kustom Coach Junction city OR

OMC Eugene OR

Daves and LJ's RV in Washington

Looking at replacing all flooring and going to tile.

TV cabinet to replace Jack couch.

Plus some other areas.

Thanks
2004 Magna 42' 3 slide Chalet CC#6315M
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #2

FWIW, only anecdotal "experience."

The previous owner of my coach raved about the work that Bobby of Kustom Coach did for them on an Alpine they once had.

I've been told by others that Bob Vinson at RCV CustomCoach (also in Junction City) is very good and very meticulous. I'm not sure he does custom woodwork, though. Would probably be worth checking with Bob.

I viewed a coach that had been updated by OMC and I wasn't impressed by the quality of work on that one. Could have just been an issue with that particular rig or owner, though.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #3

[QUOTE=caryt;4531220]Any have any experience with these company's. The good-bad, costs and quality of work.

Or if you can recommend others on the west coast. [QUOTE]

Kustom Coach Junction city OR - No knowledge of their work

OMC Eugene OR - $1200 bill, the air suspension failed 30 miles away. They did not care, at all. Their response was "Oh, well, can you bring it in some time?" when we were dead in the water.

Daves and LJ's RV in Washington - Owned by two brothers. One has a friendly demeanor.
We spent about 4K at their facility and after putting up with significant scratches in our interior during a couch installation, and initial denial by them, we decided several years ago to not patronize them again. The workers speak little English and that could have added to the mis-communication problem at the point of denying the damage.
I am aware of two other coach owners who sustained damage at their Woodland WA location, one owner had his new flooring torn up by the slide, which did not have the rollers re-installed after having the new floor installed.

Another owner had one slide room torn off of his coach during a backing incident. The owner was not on-site when that occurred.

Premier RV in JC had some good examples of work when we checked there.

There are a fair amount of RV repair and remodeling businesses around JC.

Good luck with your search and hope you have great results!

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I can attest to BREX45 about Dave and LJ's. I had some interior work done there about a year and a half ago. New captains chairs and recliner, couch moved and re attached. Not the best job at all. Then when there was a part of the new captains chair that was defective they acted like it wasn't their problem and really made it seem like they were doing me a favor making it right! As far as the good brother bad brother demeanor I can agree to that as well. Not the most pleasant buying experience so I'm not going back. Besides that they were expensive.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another consideration is Oregon has no sales tax.
We also had work done at Dave & LJ and was not overly impressed. Even as tax exempt Oregon residents we still had to pay sales tax on the labor; not Dave & LJ fault, but an additional expense. I would look for an Oregon remodeler.
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #6

I cannot speak to the businesses listed, but I did use Countryside interiors in Junction City to install a custom booth/dinette in my Allure. It turned out fantastic (you can search my name and see my previous post) This is a family run company and CC owners.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:35 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
When we purchase our Country Coach there was a list of changes we wanted done. These changes included cabinets and finishes but not flooring. We had the work done by the folks at Premier RV. During the pickup of our coach we spent a few days there and saw many coaches they were working on. They clearly do floors, cabinets and so much more. I would recommend discussing your plans with them, the work they do is done very well, real tradesmen!!!
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:03 PM   #8

Kustom Coach Junction city OR
We have had Bobby do work on our coach and are very happy with what he did

OMC Eugene OR
We have had work done here also, very happy with the work.

Daves and LJ's RV in Washington
Walked in there and were never spoken to. Needless to say, they got nothing from us.

Any of the above can do what work you are considering

Amazing Creations, Junction City
Have had work done by Scott and are happy with his work. He and Bobby at Kustom Coach Works used to be in the same shop but have split up but they still do work together on some projects.

Bob Vinson, Junction City
Bob is a former CC employee and does good work.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:14 AM   #9

Had cabinet work and tv upgrade done at Premier RV in Junction City. Good work.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:41 AM   #10

Thank you all for your information and honest reviews, will contact all suggested.
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:21 AM   #11

We had our flooring replaced with 1 sheet of vinyl, TV's replaced and moved (new cabinet work) all the vertical mirrors in the bathroom and kitchen area replaced with tile and wood. We had all this work done at OMC and were happy with it.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:16 AM   #12

Update, contacted most of the shops suggested. Prices I was quoted were insane. So Plan is mod myself and with the help of some highly experienced custom home subs have the tile, carpet and cabinets done by them. I know these contractors they do multi million dollar homes in Tahoe etc.

One example, I was quoted $8500++ just for the TV cabinet. My guy wants $2k for it then add the lift and the top..maybe another $2k-2.5k depending on the lift.

So Jack couch is out, just started to remove the cabinet on the drivers slide.

I'll remove all but 4-6" of the cabinet floor and have a wall cabinet made to hide the wiring, most will be gone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3209.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	228894   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3244.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	228895  

C-15, 515HP 1650tq.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #13

Lets see some pix when you get finished
Old 12-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #14

Well some revision..can't cut back the platform as planed so going to create a new cabinet that also has room for the stereo gear and the TV-lift.

The passenger slide has a raised floor where the jack couch is so I'll cantilever the platform enough to put in a 72" wide theater recliner dual seat. Now to find one that isn't to deep and also is a wall hugger.

My Cabinet gut is booked about 4+ months out.

That gives me all winter to remove all carpet and tile and re do all. Want more heated tile, less carpet.
C-15, 515HP 1650tq.

Tags
interior