Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Interior upgrades

Well, coming to Junction City has been more expensive than anticipated . Both I and DW were not particularly happy with our sofas. One was covered in a fabric only my grandmother would love and was not very comfortable. The other was OK but we never used the sleeper function and really wanted recliner/s instead (especially me).

A visit to Country Side RV Interiors netted a new ultra leather jack knife sofa (AKA dog sofa) and a nice reclining loveseat with center console. We installed carpet slider tabs on the bottom of the recliner so we can easily scoot it into a better TV viewing position while parked.

So, our contribution to the economy of JC, Oregon continues

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice - could have named the thread "Better Homes in RV's". Both look comfortable.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #3

Very nice! Looks comfortable too.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #4

Looks very nice! Did you have a chance to talk to Ron Lee while at the factory?
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #5

Great pictures on the new furniture. DW likes the leather sofa sleeper but dislikes the other sofa. It must be of the same fabric as yours - not ugly but unwelcome. If you don,t mind how much did the recliner and installation cost. We will be in Eugene area later this winter so might do the same thing. Thanks,
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbburgess View Post
Great pictures on the new furniture. DW likes the leather sofa sleeper but dislikes the other sofa. It must be of the same fabric as yours - not ugly but unwelcome. If you don,t mind how much did the recliner and installation cost. We will be in Eugene area later this winter so might do the same thing. Thanks,
Double recliner was about $1,400 before CCI discount. They charged me $85 to remove the old sleeper sofa and put recliner in. Our sleeper sofa was in great shape and the plan was to have them sell it for us. However, they could remove the arms but not the back so they had to cut the back off. Hard to sell with no back.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
Looks very nice! Did you have a chance to talk to Ron Lee while at the factory?
We are still here and will have more work done Monday and Tuesday.

I never met him. In fact, my only negative impression was the lack of contact with anyone other than the receptionist and my service coordinator. The first impression I got was that the receptionist was there to keep customers away from everyone else. When I asked where the service department was, she said wait here and I will get someone. When I asked where the parts department was, she said wait here and I will see if I can get someone. I never officially met their service manager but ran into him accidentally in a service bay. He did not introduce himself but I recognized him from their web site. There is time to kill, of course, while waiting for things to be done. So, I asked the receptionist if they offered tours of the service operation. She said flatly, no. The next day, she told me I could just walk around in the shop. I did so and ran into a friendly woman who worked there when they were making coaches. She did 'white glove' PDI's before coaches left for the dealer. She told me more about CC and its history than anyone else.

I kind of expected as a first time customer and new-to-CC owner to at least have someone introduce me to the key people there. First impressions are, well, first impressions.

All that said, my tech Zach King, Kevin Kiscoan the service coordinator, and most everyone else I had contact with were very nice and helpful. The repair and paint work done on the door I crushed was excellent. I am hoping to be as satisfied with the remainder of the work.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #8

Nice shots. We did sort of the same thing. We removed the cloth sofa sleeper. And where when delivered the coach used to have a recliner, the previous owner had installed a J-Lounge of good quality, with storage underneath. So, we reversed that and put it behind the passenger seat, and left a about a 15" space that we have a temporary IKEA cabinet in. We'll have a matching cherry wood cabinet installed when we do our coach cabinet makeover early next year.

We bought two match Flexsteel leather recliners, that matched the J-Lounge very well. I added some 2' diameter 1/8th thick pieces of plastic to the round mental base (zip ties, up with duct tape on must have), so we can slide them very easy to where we want them. With the slide closed, and them facing each other, they travel very secured.

I like your double love seat recliner, but admit I see a problem - the remote in the middle could be just a tad to close to the DW to keep 'proper' control of the channel!

Nice job, looking forward to hear how the rest of your CCI visit turns out.

Best,
Smitty
Old 07-21-2014, 05:46 AM   #9

Very nice...like the color!

Ex-Navy/retired Coast Guard CWO w/ 34 Years Total Service. Goal: 2016 - Sell our house and begin full-timing. January 2019 - Retire for good from my job and hit the road.
LJSteinmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:39 PM   #10

I take it you didn't ask about the "New Allure" thats coming soon.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
I take it you didn't ask about the "New Allure" thats coming soon.
No but I saw fiberglass molds labeled for 2010 Allures and Intrigues in the lot this morning. I guess they never got used .
Old 07-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #12

I understand the lady that sits across from the lounge is the one that checks out the forums.

Wally $ Elta Mae
470Allure 470 #31535
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #13

I thought you were going to be all done with CC and the paint work last week. Is it taking longer then expected?
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 430 View Post
I thought you were going to be all done with CC and the paint work last week. Is it taking longer then expected?
CC finished up paint work last Wed. Kevin W could not get to me as planned so came back to CC for the rest of my stuff.

Tags
upgrade