Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #1

Inverter Issue

Ok I pulled my unit out of storage yesterday and just about everything went perfect.

almost everything....

I have a 2005 Country Coach Magna 630

on my Silverleaf display I see a little wrench with Inv under it, and I also noticed that on inverter #2 there seems to be no power going out or be used.

I have a solid red light showing on the SL display panel and the inverter light is flashing also on the SL display.

I have tried a couple thing but am pretty much in the dark here !!

I thought I read some ware that there is a reset on them ? I have (2) Xantrex ProSine 3.0 units in my RV the last owner had them installed
and they have been great.

This is the first time I have ever had any issues with inverters and I am thinking its something simple .

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated .

Randy.
Randy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #2

I assume the first thing you did was check battery condition?
CC Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #3

Yes , and went through the disconnect procedures of AC & DC lines for code 207

it has a Fault number 207 which is house battery low voltage or overload, which says to do disconnect of the lines and let set for 15 minutes and then reconnect.

It didn't work, guess the inverter is bad ?
Old 04-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy. View Post
it has a Fault number 207 which is house battery low voltage or overload, which says to do disconnect of the lines and let set for 15 minutes and then reconnect.
what is your battery pack voltage on a voltmeter?
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #5

IDK about the inverter being bad, i'sooner suspect the source (batteries). I'd have the batteries load tested first before going to the expense of replacing/repairing the inverter..
CC Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
"on my Silverleaf display I see a little wrench with Inv under it, and I also noticed that on inverter #2 there seems to be no power going out or be used."

This symptom could be a blown 300A Class T fuse.

My friend's 2007 Affinity and my old rig both had occasion to replace said fuses.

CC put the fuses in line between the Inverter and the House Battery.

I have two such fuses. One near the Inverter and one in the Battery compartment.

Check yours with a meter. The location will be identified in your CC manual with electrical schematics.

A $30 fix is cheaper than a $1200 fix.

Blue Sea Systems 300 Amp Class-T Fuse p/n 5119
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:18 PM   #7

I'd try the simple reset first. Just unplug the phone-line-like (RJ11) cable from the inverter for about 10 minutes then plug it back in.

It's unlikely that the iverter itself is bad. When you disconnected the "lines" did you disconnect at the battery post? i.e. remove all 12VDC power from the coach? I had to do that once to reset my inverter. It's a bit of a hassle but it worked. Xantrex said to leave it unhooked for about 30 minutes. I left it unhooked over night. It came right back up upon reconnection.
Don't forget to set the battery type if you have AGM's. It's in the manual.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:23 AM   #8

14.1 -14.3 Volts and I load tested them they are good.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:29 AM   #9

I have done the disconnects of the battery's AC & DC for 15 minutes , CoCoDave brought up a good point ! I did not disconnect the RJ11 phone line cables from the inverters, I did not think any power even minuet went through them. I will leave them disconnected for the day and see what happens.

keep your thoughts coming I get smarter every day !!!!!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:31 AM   #10

All fuses that are in line seem fine there is the same voltage going through them on both sides.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Inverter Issue

Deleted
Old 05-04-2016, 07:26 PM   #12

I have a 2005 Affinity and one of my Prosine 3.0 inverters failed. no way to replace it as they are not made anymore. It is relatively easy to remove it so what I did was to purchase two new inverters. I had looked for a good Prosine 3.0 but could not find one anywhere. It would have been better to just get one of those and replace the bad one because the silverleaf works with the two Prosine units. Now I have to get separate gauges to check the operation of my new inverters. [ moderator edit ]
pellmauid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #13

prosine replacement

Hi, new guy here. I'd like to bump this thread and talk about the last post from pellmauid.

I'm looking to buy a 2005 Affinity and the guy doing the PPI warned me about the "old style" Prosine inverters. He said that when they die, without warning, I would have to buy inverters that are not compatible with the Silverleaf system in this 05 coach. He said I would have to send in the Silverleaf to get it updated as well as updating some of the sensors. Also, I would have to rewire the coach to replace the cat5 with the newer 2 wire system. $10k sounds about right for all that. ?!?

There has to be other options, right? Moderator, just let me know if you want me to start a new topic.
backagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:56 AM   #14

pellmauid

Regarding other options, I think if you replace the old 3.0 Prosine inverter with a new 2.0 or 2.5 Prosine it would work fine. Newer electronic components, TV'S, etc use less power so the slightly smaller units should work unaffected. This is my 5th diesel pusher and the only one that has 2 inverters.
pellmauid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter