Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2018, 05:44 AM   #29

PM is first thing to do when purchasing a used coach. We requested the previous owners paper work and were told we would get it... When we picked it up were told the clean up crew shreds all previous owner paper work. so we had a choice, walk or buy. Cost a lot extra to do the Preventive maintenance but really now I know it is done.
We always travel with a notebook to keep track of any issues while on the road. Many of them can wait till we are home to fix. just make sure the list get shorter when you get home. Can save lots if you do it yourself and capable of doing correctly.
One thing about the heating system didn't see is that mine acts the same way when I get below a 1/4 tank. Won't run but tries, generator does same thing. My tank reaches 1/4 full when the gauge reads 1/3 so think I should be able to draw fuel but can't.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #30

Well I have created 4 different loose leaf binders and a folder with all my receipts. Plus multiple documents that are in a folder on my MAC. This has taken a life of its own along with the money to support it.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #31

We had the same problem on the Hydro hot, we took it to Premier in Oregon and they did a regular service in hopes that would fix it, it did not (still needed the service)when they trouble shooted it we found the igniter pack was not sparking so we replaced it. CC had one in stock $525.00 so about $800. for that fix.

But man it drives nice!!!
Old 03-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #32

Country Coach Owners Club
Update on Hydro-hot...

So I filled the reservoir tank on the Hydro Hot with the proper mixture of anti-freeze and water. Without running the unit at all, the tank drained empty after about 4 days indicating a leak in somewhere in the system....

The system still turns on and sounds like it is running but it shuts off after exactly 2 minutes and 40 seconds. It does this whether there is anti freeze in the reservoir tank or not.

Is the system sensing the leak and shutting off automatically? Is the system sensing an empty tank?

Thanks,
Alex
BigALBigRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:05 AM   #33

I have a friend that had a similar problem with their Aqua Hot, it turned out to be a bad water temp sender. My understanding is it is there to make sure the fluid is hot enough before running the furnace. If it thinks the fluid is cold it stops the flow.
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #34

Hydro Hot update 2.

FINALLY, I got the hydro hot to fire up. This after 9 months of ownership.

I used steel wool to clean the electrodes and plate. She fired up and is working right now.
The smoke is as black as night but I suspect she is burning off old diesel deposits from inside the combustion chamber.

Under boiling pressure the tank appears to be leaking (profusely) from directly underneath the unit...however...the tank is not leaking unless the heater is on and is up to proper temperature.

I feel like I jumped a hurdle but then landed in quicksand.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #35

After uninstalling and installing the heater 5 times this afternoon, on the final time I overtightened the j bolt and cracked the blower casting.

*%^{* cursing and screaming.

Tags
ems, problems