Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2016, 12:19 PM   #15

Got up to the coach today. No signs of algae, and after reviewing the coaches water supply system in relation to the coaches whole house water filter, our conclusion was that the only source was the water cartridge filter.

I took my spare C2063, it is now installed. Cleaning the filters to our two water pumps. 1) for the coach water supply; 2) For the pump I had installed from Grey to Black, to get us another 15-20 gallons of Grey capacity while Boon Docking. Removing screens in kitchen, shower head, bath faucet to run water to be sure all is cleared out. Finally, popping the line off of the ice makers filter, going to look for sings of debris, if evident will replace (It was new in Feb.), and either way we'll run some water to be sure the line is also clean.

So, what caused the debris leak of the filter cartridge? It too was new in February. And whenever I change out the filter, the first thing I do is run the sanitation bays water faucet until no more signs of dark water is evident. Here is my thoughts on what may have happened:
1) It could have been a manufacturing defected filter. (Have never had a problem with any of the Hydro Life C2063 filter cartridges. But 'stuff' dos happen.)
2) Could have been the extreme high water pressure we were under. I did not have a regulator on the hose bib. And I did see our old spare white with blue line water hose swelling under the pressure pretty good. We do have a full coach water regulator, but I don't know if this is inline before, or after, the coaches water filter.
3) It could have been when I did the 'walk off' and let the water tank overfill so much that I was shooting water out of the side overflow, and hearing periodic sounds (tapping or thumping) until I became aware of the 'I'm a full tank, please shut off the water supply.' situation.

As their is no way to know which of the three was the root cause, I'm just going to move on and not worry about it. I did go ahead and get a at the bib better quality regulator with gauge, and will use this under all future circumstances.

Sure appreciated all of the tips and thoughts on my debris situation!

Best to all, be safe, have fun,
Smitty
(Some of this update is redundant on the Country Coach Yahoo User Group too.)
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #16

Smitty,

I am happy to hear you have found a solution to the debris!

I wouldn't have thought a filter would fail like it did for you but it is good to know. Your situation is a great example as to why this forum is so valuable.

Thanks for keeping us informed and hope your future is filled with smooth sailing from now on!

Chance
Chance31ke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, noise