Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Junction City Area RV Parks

I would normally ask this question in the camping locations section but thought my fellow CC owners might be better able to make some suggestions.

We will arrive in Bend, OR this Sunday, and plan to stay there for about 3 days, then head over to Eugene. I will have several days to kill before service appointments at the CC factory and then with Kevin Waite (July 14 - 18).

Looking for RV park recommendations in the Eugene/JC area to hold up until our first appointment on July 14. Kevin suggested Riverlife RV park in Harrisburg but said it there was a lot of construction going on. It gets mixed reviews on RV Park Reviews.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check out Premier Resorts at Coburg. http:// http://www.premierrvresorts....iesCommon.aspx
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #3

Premier RV Park in Coburg shares a property line with I-5. Very loud.

Peter Collins
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Looking for RV park recommendations in the Eugene/JC area to hold up until our first appointment on July 14. Kevin suggested Riverlife RV park in Harrisburg but said it there was a lot of construction going on. It gets mixed reviews on RV Park Reviews.
We like River Life though it's been a couple of months since we've visited and there was no construction going on at that time. Prices are good and discount coupons are offered at RV-centric businesses around Junction City. Country Coach should have them available. If they don't, Premier RV Services next door does.

Premier RV Resort (no relation to Premier RV Services) is hard against I-5 as mentioned. However, if you get a space further away from the freeway the noise is not objectionable, to us anyway. We like space 125.

There is a really nice Lane County RV park called Armitage. Between Coburg and Eugene on a local highway (Coburg Road) and handy to both towns. While they have full hookups, they do not have showers. That's a deal breaker for DW for whom high volume and pressure of hot shower water trumps nearly every other amenity.

Rooftop satellite antennas work well in the first two but there are only a few spaces in Armitage that are satellite friendly.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoDave View Post
We like River Life though it's been a couple of months since we've visited and there was no construction going on at that time. Prices are good and discount coupons are offered at RV-centric businesses around Junction City. Country Coach should have them available. If they don't, Premier RV Services next door does.

Premier RV Resort (no relation to Premier RV Services) is hard against I-5 as mentioned. However, if you get a space further away from the freeway the noise is not objectionable, to us anyway. We like space 125.

There is a really nice Lane County RV park called Armitage. Between Coburg and Eugene on a local highway (Coburg Road) and handy to both towns. While they have full hookups, they do not have showers. That's a deal breaker for DW for whom high volume and pressure of hot shower water trumps nearly every other amenity.

Rooftop satellite antennas work well in the first two but there are only a few spaces in Armitage that are satellite friendly.

FWIW
Riverlife would be most convenient to both of my service locations. One of the reviews in campgroundreviews.com noted many of their concrete pads had crumbled but that review was from last year. Was that an issue noted when you were there?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Riverlife would be most convenient to both of my service locations. One of the reviews in campgroundreviews.com noted many of their concrete pads had crumbled but that review was from last year. Was that an issue noted when you were there?

Thanks
Yes, some (many?) of the concrete pads were crumbling. However, we did not have any trouble finding one that was substantially intact. It's not as bad as it sounds and the park is otherwise well maintained. I assume that the construction you were informed of is the replacement of the concrete pads. It looks like the original concrete subcontractor did a crappy job and the original developer went bankrupt before it could be resolved.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave 430
It was last year that we stayed at Riverlife, when we had Kevin do some repairs, it is our choice RV parks when in the area. The RV Park has gone through some ownership changes the last few years, but it seems this one is trying to get the RV Park ship shape. One must remember that not all RV Parks are perfect. Yes, some of the pads need to be repaired, but most here are fine. The restrooms were clean and the grand kids loved the pool. Enjoy your stay.
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks folks. I will make a reservation today.

Dave, did Kevin come to you at the RV park or does he have his own shop? His business card indicates he is mobile RV repair but I think I remember him telling me he now has access to some facility.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #9

Gary,
He came to me at the RV Park. I think it depends on what he is going to do. He replaced an awning motor and replaced the entry door hinge. If it gets into motor work or maybe something more involved, he might have you come to him. I have not had that kind of work performed by him yet.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Riverlife is full for the time we will be there so squeaked into one of the last 2 sites available at Premier RV Resort in Coburg. However, the site we will have is one that faces their lake/pond so sounds fine.

Dave, I sent you a PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:57 PM   #11

Check out Armitage County Park. We spent a few days there before we went over to OMC for some work. We liked it a lot.

Lane County Park - Armitage Park
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #12

We stayed at Riverlife a couple weeks ago. The pull through pads are in bad condition but usable. Come in with a full fresh water tank. The water system at Riverlife is terrible. The pressure is way too high. Don't even think about hooking up without a pressure regulator. Plus the water tastes terrible and we have two water filters plus a water softener. One of our filters normally fixes bad taste. At Riverbend it did not.

The people at Riverbend are very nice and the pull through sites are spacious. And it is quiet at night. Armitage Park is a nicer ambiance than Riverbend, but more road noise. I would say about 40% of Riverbend is torn up for construction of a church. This did not affect us when we stayed there.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #13

B Bob,
Where are they putting a "Church" on the property of the RV Park?
Is it between the Motel and the River? I just can not think of any other place where you could put a building.
Thanks
Old 07-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #14

As you are driving in towards the river the left side pull through sites are fenced off. I was told that the church is going there.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote