Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Junction City....looking for info

Related to my previous post where I noted my mishap at the fuel pumps, we have a tentative appointment at the CC factory to have the compartment door replaced and the paint work done. Their estimate (based on pics I sent) is very close to estimate I got from my favorite local shop (seeing same pics). The total estimate, including the $1,100 door, is about $2,100.

So, we will be there for some days getting this done and maybe a few other things (may get Kevin Waite to do other stuff while we are in the area).

So, what is there to do in and around JC? We will have our two dogs so finding a nice fenced dog park will be desirable for their daily fun and exercise.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #2

Jerry's Hardware store is a must if you like guy stuff. Even the DW will find something. One of the most impressive display of toilet seats I have ever seen. Last time I counted there were 126 on display.

The Stockyard restaurant used to be a must go to place for breakfast. Not sure about it now as we haven't been there for a couple of years.

If you are a designer coffee drinker, there is a Dutch Bros in town. I consider it a cut above Starbucks.

You can go to Countryside and look at rv furniture.

If your DW is a quilter, there are some quilt shops in the area
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #3

We have been there a couple of times... we have not visited the hardware store and will put that on our next visit. There is not a lot to do in JC.. I'm not saying it in a negative way. But it is not a large city and you can see most if not all of of it in a day. You must get in touch with Kevin Waite. A hell of a nice guy and an expert at most of everything to do with CC. Eugene is not far away and a much larger city. Also Salem is to the north and is also a nice city to visit.
Are you spending the nights in the coach at CC while they repair your door?
Enjoy your trip...
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 430 View Post
Are you spending the nights in the coach at CC while they repair your door?
Enjoy your trip...

We plan to spend the nights in the coach if possible. In talking to them, they indicated we may not have access for one night depending on time of day the final painting is done. They may want to leave coach in the paint bay overnight.

We're prepared to spend one night in a motel if necessary. I believe Kevin told me (in discussions about some things we may have him do) that there is a dog-friendly hotel or lodge in town.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #5

About 7 miles away in Harrisburg, there is a RV Park called "River Life Resort" it is where we go, when in the Junction city area and where Kevin can fix anything on the coach. They also have Rooms/Hotel on the property. Just a thought... RVS - River Life Resort
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #6

X2 on River Life
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #7

There are a number of covered bridges in the area. Also there are many wineries close by. Our GPS found them. CC's new parking area is nice--they have 50 Amp service and a central dump station with potable water available. They will pick up your coach in the morning and return it at night. You should have enough time to find a decent motel the first day for when they need to keep it in the shop overnight.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for all the suggestions. When I last spoke to Kevin, I believe he said he now has a shop of his own. My list of To Do items for him has gotten shorter since I have done many of them myself. I still have one last slide topper to replace. I and DW did the other three but decided to leave the last and longest topper for Kevin.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Be sure and stop in the Junction City Chamber of Commerce. They are very helpful with local info.

If you are there on a Tuesday or Thursday, and like to see older equipment in action, try to take a tour of the Hull-Oakes Lumber mill in Monroe. We did it and it was great. You should call first.541-424-3112 and confirm the tour. Take your camera.

History - Hull-Oakes Lumber Company
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote