Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:04 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've had both a good and an very disappointing experience. So for me it is hit or miss. Next time I'll try OMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Unfortunately, I have received no return call from CC in my two searches for their help.

I have emailed and phoned but no reply giving coach number in the messages.

Perhaps it is because I only own an old version of their rigs and appear impoverished to them.

Fortunately, I have subsequently solved my problems without their help.

That said, I think they built fantastic rigs.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2015, 12:13 AM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
Mr. D.,

I didn't know your name was Dean also. Deandec has a coach that was probably on the assembly line the same time as ours with our coach numbers being 21 numbers apart. BTW, both our coaches were assembled in the facility Premier now operates, and where you got your coach. I'm sure everyone on this board feels for you and the heartbreaking story with your Magna, but I hope everything works well by the time you get it back.
Country Coach would have no idea about this issue with the ISX 650, but I think it is a shame Cummins has not stepped up to the plate and done a recall on this engine--there are several stories similar to yours, and that does not speak well for Cummins. Everyone I talk to have good words on the 600 HP version, though. We plan on visiting with Louie when we go up to CC later this year. They and others may have a hard time selling a coach with the 650 hp ISX after this.
Actually it's Deen so that's why I wondered if you were addressing me as lots of people don't see the double e. Sorry, I didn't catch the Dean at the end of deandec's message.
I'm not sure the 600 ISX would be much different than the 650 but it sure seems like the 600's have less trouble. Kind of wish Cummins would take some more off the bill and derate it to 600/1950. I think that would be an equitable solution and I'd go for it. Don't usually use that last 50 hp but I'd have to look at the dyno specs as it usually extends the HP/torque further up the rpm range too and that does make a big difference.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:16 AM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy. View Post
All great feed back, I don't think people are shying away from CC but a lot of people I have spoken with still thought they were done , I did not know of this forum so I bought my Magna without all the great info on this forum !!! Very much by the seat of my pants , you all have made me feel much better about the purchase . The CC rally's sound like fun, just to help each other out on the rigs. I am still a working stiff at 52 and enjoy putsing on my coach hoping to take it for a long drive is summer . As it stands we plan to keep in within a hour of home in a very nice RV park along the Mississippi River and stay in it every weekend this summer and fish like there is no tomorrow's!

Trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel , (working stiff )

Randy.
2005 Country Coach Magna Rembrandt
Eau Claire wi
I'm 68 and still a "working stiff" DW is 67. Actually planned on pulling the plug in a few months but the engine repair nixed that! Wife is on long term disability now and we're not sure how much longer that will last.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:35 AM   #18

MR D

I have learned one very valuable lesson , life is way !!!!!!! To short . You can't take any of the money with you when you go ! Try and enjoy every minute with DW and make it all what you have worked so hard for ... fun !!

I am not sure when I could pull the plug but I hope to do it before they pull it
On me in a bed ! For now I work hard and enjoy some.

Your motor is a bummer but when that's done I hope you have clear sailing !!

Randy.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #19
srh

Monaco Owners Club
For what it's worth, I am relatively new to CC products. Just purchased (about three months ago) a 2008 Affinity with Cummins 600 ISX. I now have it at home in Michigan after being in the shop for doing some various repairs and maintenance (like having all the windows defogged, replaced all slide out awnings, etc. I have been trying to clean and give it a good coat of wax. I have owned three other Class A coaches (tow Tiffins and a Newmar Essex). The build quality as I see it in the Affinity is second to none. The finish and fit (interior and exterior) are superb, the bay doors are so solid and paint job is amazing. I'm learning a lot about coach from members of this forum and the Yahoo CC Group. As always, I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #20

srh, if you think your '08 has excellent fit and finish, you should take a look at the coaches built under the old regime before they were sold to National Holdings, Inc.

Nothing wrong with yours but the older ones were really built.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
srh, if you think your '08 has excellent fit and finish, you should take a look at the coaches built under the old regime before they were sold to National Holdings, Inc.

Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #22
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Unfortunately, I have not been in one of the older ones, my comparison was based on my limited experience/exposure with class A's I have seen or owned. Now, you sparked my curiosity, I'll have to see one.
I see one thing wrong with my Affinity, that is it doesn't have a steerable tag - just kidding!
Regards to all!
Old 04-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #23

Quote:

What year were they sold to National Holdings Inc .???? My 05 quality is really amazing ! I would really like to see one before the purchase ..
Old 04-19-2015, 07:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
For what it's worth, I am relatively new to CC products. Just purchased (about three months ago) a 2008 Affinity with Cummins 600 ISX. I now have it at home in Michigan after being in the shop for doing some various repairs and maintenance (like having all the windows defogged, replaced all slide out awnings, etc. I have been trying to clean and give it a good coat of wax. I have owned three other Class A coaches (tow Tiffins and a Newmar Essex). The build quality as I see it in the Affinity is second to none. The finish and fit (interior and exterior) are superb, the bay doors are so solid and paint job is amazing. I'm learning a lot about coach from members of this forum and the Yahoo CC Group. As always, I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions!

SRH - You commented on how great the CC owners clan is. To take it to the next level, please just leave your keys in the ignition, fuel credit card on the dash. And I, as a service to you, will take your Affinity out for a very thorough 8 years, and three months - SHAKE DOWN CRUISE!!!

It will be returned with a full tank of fuel, water, empty Grey/Black, LP - and heck, I'll even wax it for you before parking it right back where I pick it up.

Think I'll tow my Allure behind it, as I like to stretch out from time to time, and having a 'Man Cave' would be cool!

They are great built coaches. Sure, all coaches have problems. Even the Golden Years as mentioned...

Go enjoy,
Smitty
Old 04-19-2015, 11:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy. View Post
What year were they sold to National Holdings Inc .???? My 05 quality is really amazing ! I would really like to see one before the purchase ..
CC was sold to National Holdings mid 2000 or early 2001. My '02 Intrigue was built in Aug '01 and it was under the National umbrella.

It took a few years before quality started falling off. Most of the ex CC techs say that '04 was the last good year. The '05 Magna was a nightmare for the techs.

If I was to replace mine, I would be looking for a '07 Intrigue as I feel they are the best for the buck. The Magnas and Affinitys don't have the storage that the Allure and Intrigue have
Old 04-20-2015, 01:08 AM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
[B]My CC is in the shop at Campers World in Las Vegas NV.
It is well out of order. It wouldn't go up a hill.
They will fix it...it is 2007 CC[./B]
Old 04-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #27
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
SRH - You commented on how great the CC owners clan is. To take it to the next level, please just leave your keys in the ignition, fuel credit card on the dash. And I, as a service to you, will take your Affinity out for a very thorough 8 years, and three months - SHAKE DOWN CRUISE!!!

It will be returned with a full tank of fuel, water, empty Grey/Black, LP - and heck, I'll even wax it for you before parking it right back where I pick it up.

Think I'll tow my Allure behind it, as I like to stretch out from time to time, and having a 'Man Cave' would be cool!

They are great built coaches. Sure, all coaches have problems. Even the Golden Years as mentioned...

Go enjoy,
Smitty
Smitty:
For all the good advice you have shared. The 8 year and three months shake down cruise is doubtful, but I'll be happy to offer it to you for weekend shake down cruise no pun intended!
Regards.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #28
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
CC was sold to National Holdings mid 2000 or early 2001. My '02 Intrigue was built in Aug '01 and it was under the National umbrella.

It took a few years before quality started falling off. Most of the ex CC techs say that '04 was the last good year. The '05 Magna was a nightmare for the techs.

If I was to replace mine, I would be looking for a '07 Intrigue as I feel they are the best for the buck. The Magnas and Affinitys don't have the storage that the Allure and Intrigue have
That is so right as I'm just finding out not that I need a lot of storage!