Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
I am one of the new guys to CC, purchasing my 2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay (37 foot tag axle). I am quite impressed with the quality of components and build (fit and finish) considering the era. I do not have Class A experience before this coach but 25+ years of RVs and high end fifth wheels (Heartland Landmark, DRV Mobile Suites). I always do my own repairs when I have the tools and capabilities, electrical and mechanical. The ISL400 is new to me so I have already relied on local Cummins shop to update ECM and do a full diagnostics on the engine (it checked out fine; it is after the wrist pin failure recall, and pre emissions DPF etc).

I did call CC before the purchase to get the original build sheet, and ask the questions about problem side rad, etc and they were extremely helpful. A deciding factor was the knowledge OEM parts and service are available, if needed. Their web page is good reference. I am comfortable knowing there are alternates out there for CC expertise and have tied into this forum, and others for knowledge.

My coach came with all the chassis, electrical, and plumbing engineered drawings which does not exist with 5th wheels and lower end RV units, in my knowledge. I have no comparison with other Class A's. This is a big plus in my opinion.

My alternate was an Entegra Anthem (newer and much more $$s); I am very happy with my decision.

btw - Hello!

Brian

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #30

Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy your choice for many miles!

2005 Country Coach Inspire, C9 CAT

Old 04-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #31

2006 Magna VanGogh 42' 525 cat. 7k miles. Garage kept by two previous owners. Wasn't used as regularly as I would have liked. I've run into a few glitchy things. Right now I'm struggling with a water pressure issue. I got it for just a little lower than what I would consider a fair price. To be fair, this bus wasn't even broken in yet so i expected some lack of use issues. I knew CC weren't still building coaches but they were still around. I did buy support from Kevin Waite. He and Butch Williams are former CC employees and the 24/7 phone support has been a godsend.
The fit and finish is superb. Materials are top notch and the build is excellent. We truly love this bus and plan on keeping it till it wears out. That's my CC story!
Stratman50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:45 AM   #32

Freightliner Owners Club
My County Coach is in the shop..
I lot of things wrong. The dealer I got it from lair
me. So it's getting fixed.$$$$$
Old 04-26-2015, 06:21 AM   #33

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratman50th View Post
I knew CC weren't still building coaches but they were still around. I did buy support from Kevin Waite. He and Butch Williams are former CC employees and the 24/7 phone support has been a godsend.
CC is still around, and beginning to build coaches again. The 2016 Allure prototype should be completed by June. Ron Lee built this with his own money and has almost completed the financing package to go into production. The Magna prototype is next, at least that is what Ron says.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:58 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
I am one of the new guys to CC, purchasing my 2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay (37 foot tag axle). I am quite impressed with the quality of components and build (fit and finish) considering the era. I do not have Class A experience before this coach but 25+ years of RVs and high end fifth wheels (Heartland Landmark, DRV Mobile Suites). I always do my own repairs when I have the tools and capabilities, electrical and mechanical. The ISL400 is new to me so I have already relied on local Cummins shop to update ECM and do a full diagnostics on the engine (it checked out fine; it is after the wrist pin failure recall, and pre emissions DPF etc).

I did call CC before the purchase to get the original build sheet, and ask the questions about problem side rad, etc and they were extremely helpful. A deciding factor was the knowledge OEM parts and service are available, if needed. Their web page is good reference. I am comfortable knowing there are alternates out there for CC expertise and have tied into this forum, and others for knowledge.

My coach came with all the chassis, electrical, and plumbing engineered drawings which does not exist with 5th wheels and lower end RV units, in my knowledge. I have no comparison with other Class A's. This is a big plus in my opinion.

My alternate was an Entegra Anthem (newer and much more $$s); I am very happy with my decision.

btw - Hello!

Brian

Welcome to CC you made a good choice and I am sure you will enjoy it very much!

Randy.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #35

Good read, especially since I just shook hands tonight on an 06, 40' Allure. Planning to pick it up on Friday, and go from there. I am very impressed by the apparent build quality and features list.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:31 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFaust View Post
Good read, especially since I just shook hands tonight on an 06, 40' Allure. Planning to pick it up on Friday, and go from there. I am very impressed by the apparent build quality and features list.

Welcome to CC ! I hit the road today , I have went through mine with a fine tooth comb, spent 2 weeks working through a hydro hot issue turned out to be an intermittent coil so glad to be done !!!

I am sure if you run into any issue that you too will have no problem finding answer from CC and their great staff or the fine people here on this forum who are very willing to help out us newbies to CC ...

Safe Travels To All !

Randy.

2005 Country Coach Magna Rembrandt
Eau Claire WI
Old 05-09-2015, 12:50 AM   #37

Thanks Randy. Just got home with the coach an hour ago from a 7-hour drive.

So far so good: Drive is much nicer than with my 34' Cayman, duh. Otherwise, I will be spending time learning about the coach and fixing/tweaking some small stuff (some seat controls; entrance door that opens beyond 90 degrees doesn't feel right; figuring out how to turn off the radio without having to kill the coach; etc).