Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2015, 10:51 PM   #1

Just a note :

I have been reading back some of the old post and someone made note that Country Coach owners are not orphans this is so true !!!!! I would like to say I have been dealing with Country Coach over the phone Emails etc and they have been wonderful to deal with and they have had every part I have wanted . They have been very polite and have always gotten back to me, pricing can be a little high for some parts and the shipping kills me BUT I want them to stay in business!!! So I buy from them !!! Almost every person that I talked to told me to stay away from CC because they are out of business ,,,,,what ever !!! I am very proud to own a Country Coach they are VERY WELL BUILT !!!

And this forum has only made owning it more enjoyable!!
Thank you everyone for helping each other work out the kinks

Randy.
2005 Country Coach Magna Rembrandt
Eau Claire Wi
Randy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2015, 10:55 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Agreed although so far I haven't had to call CC but that's coming when we finally get it back from Cummins. They were supposed to dyno it tonight and get it back tomorrow or Thursday.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #3

MR D

I see you had to put a new/ referb motor in ? Was it a dropped value ?

Randy.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #4

Randy,
I very much agree with your main point, although I don't find people are staying away from Country Coaches--they are selling like hot cakes! Not only that, but the coaches in our target range--07-08 Magnas and Affinitys have gone hardly gone down in asking price in the last two years. We have perused new coaches like high-line Newmars and Tiffins, and they don't get close to Country Coach quality and construction at much higher prices.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:57 AM   #5

Thanks Randy for the feedback on Country Coach. I've called CC few times and you're right they've been very supportive although I have had challenges with the parts person returning my voicemails.

The IRV2 owners forum has been a fantastic resource. I just purchased a 2007 Magna and I'm super excited to get her on some long trips!
Forza4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #6

Rick,
Which floor plan did you get? The wife likes the Donatello, I am partial to the Galileo, although sometimes I think it would be good to go with the Matisse for the shorter length.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #7

Concur that having a healthy CC is good, and yes, I want them to do well. I have called them, and visited them, and both experiences went well. While we did buy some things in The Store, I have not yet had a need to order parts form them. And for service, we had previously committed to Brother Lee's outfit down the road, Oregon Motors Coach, so I have not first hand experience with CC's shop work. But, from my walk thru, I would have no concerns using them.

Shop Rates? Yep, on the high side, and even OMC is too. But, you have CC experts at both places. OMC itself, actually started back up before CC did, and they recruited a premium experience crew from the form CC. The lead helping us on our visit to OMC, had been on the assembly line, and then an in the field trouble shooter for CC. Allure and Intrigue were his area of expertise, but he also knew the other models well too, from his time in the field. (In the field? He was one of the gents that would travel to large CC get togethers, when CC would come and drive around and offer help, many times free, to CC owners at rallies. He would also sometimes be sent to help another repair shop on a problem repair, as he put it - most of the time it was an 'On The Job' training exercise for a mechanic(s) at a dealer that really were not quite ready to be working on rigs like CC's.)

I have not doubt that CC, as Ron also knows his former staff, has a good crew. Believe a few from OMC may have moved on back to the reborn mothership!

Anyways you look at it, CC's are for sure well supported.

And between this board, and the CC Yahoo User Group, lots of owner's (And former owners too!) - always willing to help and share experience with us CC rookies...

On value. We pulled our retirement coach purchase up by 2-3 years, when the big hit to he economy post 2008, forced many owners in over their heads to 'get out from under' heavy debt payments. We kept our planned budget range, and were able to purchase a coach that we feel very frontage to be in. Right time for us as buyers, and sorry for those that were needing to move their CC's.

We did not get a 'killer deal' on our coach, but, my DW got the galley she wanted, and I feel we paid a 'fair' price for the coach. IMO, probably $12-15K higher then we could have paid for the same CC if we'd been willing to wait and keep looking. But, while it may have been the same model, it would not have been with the same low miles (under 13K), with good documentation that showed little but steady usage by the 1st owner. (He bought the coach to go back and forth between San Diego and Fresno for Fresno State home football games! One trip, to the Grand Canyon...). So again, to us I feel it as a 'fair' price. With concessions for tire allowances, new front shocks, and a few other areas too.

I've watched the values of CC's, and other high end coaches that were on our lists, increase back up in value from those low points. In our case, this really has helped us on the ongoing depreciation scale, as we first went up in value until about the end of 2011 thru 2012, when the values then started dipping at the normal rates.

CC being back, I feel, has also helped this some. But, will probably help even more when the first few rigs roll out to new customers.

Good coaches, good support, great fellow owners!

Best to all, be safe, have fun,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #8

Unfortunately, I have received no return call from CC in my two searches for their help.

I have emailed and phoned but no reply giving coach number in the messages.

Perhaps it is because I only own an old version of their rigs and appear impoverished to them.

Fortunately, I have subsequently solved my problems without their help.

That said, I think they built fantastic rigs.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #9

Dean,
I'm sorry you have not had a good experience, but you can't blame your "old" coach. Ours is 5259, so it's older than yours. I have gotten very good service at the factory, Doug Beaudry has been very pleasant to work with, as have the parts department, although getting parts for our older coaches is sometimes a challenge. Three years ago we looked at a 2006 Allure, and Kevin stated they would replace the suspect radiator before they would sell it--not sure how many salespersons would do that. Ron Lee is very approachable, and we chatted with him both times we visited.
We have been to two Country Coach rallies in 2002 and 2005. Both times their service folks did a lot of free work for owners--just pay for the parts. If Ron really gets production going, perhaps that may be in the future.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy. View Post
MR D

I see you had to put a new/ referb motor in ? Was it a dropped value ?

Randy.
Yep, dropped valve in at least #6. Needed new liners in 4, 5 & 6, new head, valves, rods, bearings & pistons in 5 & 6, new bearings in 4, new turbo and cleaning everything. Then they found the DPF was cracked internally so another $2,000+.
In frame rebuild.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #11

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
Dean,
I'm sorry you have not had a good experience, but you can't blame your "old" coach. Ours is 5259, so it's older than yours. I have gotten very good service at the factory, Doug Beaudry has been very pleasant to work with, as have the parts department, although getting parts for our older coaches is sometimes a challenge. Three years ago we looked at a 2006 Allure, and Kevin stated they would replace the suspect radiator before they would sell it--not sure how many salespersons would do that. Ron Lee is very approachable, and we chatted with him both times we visited.
We have been to two Country Coach rallies in 2002 and 2005. Both times their service folks did a lot of free work for owners--just pay for the parts. If Ron really gets production going, perhaps that may be in the future.
If you're addressing me I'll say no where did I blame CC for this. It's purely a Cummins design fault.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:46 PM   #12

Mr. D.,

I didn't know your name was Dean also. Deandec has a coach that was probably on the assembly line the same time as ours with our coach numbers being 21 numbers apart. BTW, both our coaches were assembled in the facility Premier now operates, and where you got your coach. I'm sure everyone on this board feels for you and the heartbreaking story with your Magna, but I hope everything works well by the time you get it back.
Country Coach would have no idea about this issue with the ISX 650, but I think it is a shame Cummins has not stepped up to the plate and done a recall on this engine--there are several stories similar to yours, and that does not speak well for Cummins. Everyone I talk to have good words on the 600 HP version, though. We plan on visiting with Louie when we go up to CC later this year. They and others may have a hard time selling a coach with the 650 hp ISX after this.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
Rick,
Which floor plan did you get? The wife likes the Donatello, I am partial to the Galileo, although sometimes I think it would be good to go with the Matisse for the shorter length.
We have the Galileo floor plan, but the extra bath in the Donatello is really nice.
Forza4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:59 PM   #14

Great feed back

All great feed back, I don't think people are shying away from CC but a lot of people I have spoken with still thought they were done , I did not know of this forum so I bought my Magna without all the great info on this forum !!! Very much by the seat of my pants , you all have made me feel much better about the purchase . The CC rally's sound like fun, just to help each other out on the rigs. I am still a working stiff at 52 and enjoy putsing on my coach hoping to take it for a long drive is summer . As it stands we plan to keep in within a hour of home in a very nice RV park along the Mississippi River and stay in it every weekend this summer and fish like there is no tomorrow's!

Trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel , (working stiff )

Randy.
2005 Country Coach Magna Rembrandt
Eau Claire wi