Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #1

Just bought a 2005 Country Coach Magna 630

We got a great deal on a 45 foot Magna that is in like new condition, never thought we would have a rig like this one, we're previous fifth wheel owners, what an upgrade... I'm sure we'll have lots of questions and hope this forum will be very helpful.
Steve n Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #2

Congratulations. Sounds like you got a great coach. It is 3 years newer than ours. We bought our Affinity 4 1/2 years ago and have really enjoyed using it. I don't know where you are located, but I can tell you our experience is that you can get upgrades and repairs done in the Junction City area of Oregon at a fair price and with expert technicians.

After 4 1/2 years and 30,000 miles of use I would make the same decision to buy a Country Coach today that I made back then. They are very high quality coaches.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We love our Magna. You should as well. Have a ball!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #4

We also recently purchased a 2002 Intrigue in great shape. The quality of the coach is far superior to the fifth wheel we did have and are looking forward to many happy miles with the coach. Good luck with yours!
garth333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats on your purchase. Have a great time.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
We bought a 2005 Allure last summer and love it. Not in the same league as the Magna, but still a CC! It took a while to discover the probs and fix everything up, but we are pretty much ahead of it now and are really enjoying it. Hope you get the same enjoyment!
HavasuRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #7

Funny, We just purchased a 2005 Country Coach Magna 630 also! So far, we love it. Trying to work all the bugs out, any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
sayers56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #8

Congrats on your purchase.. We wish you the best and hope that you don't run into as many problems as we have...
Old 03-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #9

It's a used coach so there are a few problems, but hopefully we are correcting them as we go, nothing major.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #10

Steve & Jan
Enjoy Country Coachs are great products. A word of advice read all the manuals and read them again, then keep them handy for future reference.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #11

We've been schooling ourselves on everything possible. This coach is much more complicated than the Monaco we had before, but I think we will enjoy this one even more. What kind of issues have you had so far? Maybe you can give us some advice.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #12

sayers56 - Our 2002 Affinity was not kept up by the original owner. He drove it all over the place and kept the motor in good shape but pretty much never fixed anything else when it needed work. We did get a very very good price on this coach when we bought it. Way under wholesale book. However, it has been a royal PITA getting things right.

You asked about the things to look for on the coach. So far we have had some problems with water leaks. We have a persistent one on the front of the drivers side slide. We have had that seal replaced twice. We have also a slight leak on the roof right now over one of the cabinets that we had resealed about 3 years ago. Last spring we had to have the cooling radiator after the turbo replaced. I think replacing charge air coolers is pretty common on these rigs. It was quite expensive and took a couple of weeks. We blew a turbo 3 summers ago. That was fixed pretty quick but cost $2,500. And the kitchen slide had a water leak in one of the pipes.

The rest of the stuff was mostly due to puttsy previous owner not fixing anything. Plus puttsy repair places who hire the three stooges to do their work.

In my humble opinion Country Coach when they built ours used very high grade materials. The components were built to last, and ours drives very well on the highway.

Last summer when we parked at Country Coach a guy parked next to us had a 2005 Magna. He had just had all his side windows replaced. This was the first year of the flush windows and I think there were problems with those.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #13

I've been reading everything I can. There seems to be a lot of info that wasn't included with this coach. We have leak issues around the slides, the shower door fell off going down the road. The inverter has died, we take the coach in next week to get a new one and to see if the house batteries are any good or not..Fortunately we bought an extended wrranty when we bought the coach and we;ll find out soon just how good it is....
Old 04-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #14

Sure hope all starts easing up on you soon.

This is not directed at you, as either you did do this and bought the coach with the price reflecting it's condition, or you did not do this and now it's too late too! (I'm a poor writer, so please see the grin, and understand this mostly directed to future readers that researching a coach purchase.)

One of the most important things when buying a used rig, is getting a solid understanding of the condition.

-Receipts, documentation, RECEIPTS - are king. Trust no one, RECEIPTS are very important.
-Even with receipts, unless you are a qualified experience individual, get an independent inspection of three key things:
1) Coach and house equipment (heaters, roof, slides, batteries tested, inverter tested, all AC's and Heat Pumps tested, all dash knobs and gauges functioning, leak investigation, and I'll toss generator into this category too)
2) Engine/trans. Include pulling oil and trans fluids for analysis. If a CAT, go to a CAT shop. If Cummins, yep - Cummins shop. Detroit? Of course.
3) Chassis Inspection - Included date codes from all tires (if a dealer, especially inside dual's), air bags, bushings, wheel hubs, brakes.

When buying coaches at this level and costs, sometimes spending a $500-750, and being willing to gladly walk away - is money well spent.

OP - Again, sure wish you the best ahead with your Magna. These are complex coaches, and if maintenance has been neglected, or shoddy work by others before are involved - you now have the 'opportunity' to sort these out and correct. The good thing, is usually these coaches 'foundation' warrant the time and effort and yeah, the funds, to sort things out. Once you have 'caught up' you will know the baseline of your coach. (One tip, is to possibly go in and get a full inspection of things now, and come up with a punch list of things that need to be done 'now', and other's that can be done later. Not sure what part of the country you're in, but many good honest shops can do this for you. Then you can layout a schedule and budget plan accordingly. Ask here for references to shops near where you are, I'm sure you'll get good input.)

My wife and I are in year three of our adventure with our 04 Allure, very happy with our CC choice, and feel part of the fun is in making this 'our coach'.

Travel safe, and look just ahead to when the funds stop flowing for repairs, and go towards the reason you bought the coach - travel and fun!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote