Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #1

Just Bought a used County Coach

Hello , I'm newbie to this form but was wondering if anyone has any knowledge , suggestion or words of wisdom for us . We just purchased a CC Allure "ROGUE" 36, with a 330 , low miles one owner extremely well maintained . We plan on full timing it as soon as the house sells . ANY advice, would be appreciated Thank You

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to IRV2.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!

Welcome to the CC family as well. Our Magna is also new to us so we are just now getting it set up. We plan on moving in next Friday.

Make plans on where you want to visit, then plan on spending one to several months. This will help to minimize travel expenses. You can even look into workamping or volunteering to help pay for sites.

Remember you can't take it all with you. Believe me, my wife tried but I finally convinced her we just could not.

If you need the internet, I would suggest looking into WiFi Ranger products (I have the Mobile and Go package.)

Anyway welcome and enjoy.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good luck with the new coach. Safe travels.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #6

We have been in our 36' intrigue for 3 yrs. While life has been good there have been some screw ups and thing will break. My wife has done a great job of photo documenting our 3 yrs on the road todate. If you're interested feel free to check out our blog at PAMPERED PENGUIN
One thing I suggest is to establish and print a check list and use it [U]EVERYTIME[U] you get ready to go down the road. It will save a lot of opps moments. Happy Trails and remember you rarely "have to" be there or go there so take your time and take it all in.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #7

PS Join Family Motor Coach Association and go to one of their rallies. I would suggest the one in Gillet, Wy. I realized I was ignorant of what I was ignorant of and by going to the rally and attending workshops I began to fathom how ignorant I was but also learned a tremendous amount.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #8

I'm not sure what type of info you are looking for. Are you wanting info on the coach or full timing or both? If you would like info on the coach then post the year of the coach. You will probably find someone with the same coach and they will be able to answer many of your questions about the coach.

I've benefited greatly from irv2 forums and I'm sure you will too. I purchased my 2000 Magna a little over 2 years ago and had, actually still have, lots of questions about the coach. You might consider looking at the Yahoo Country Coach owners forum as there is a lot of expertise there also.

Should you decide to go to Gillette, WY, for the FMCA rally in June, the Country Coach International Club is holding a rally the previous week in Cody, WY. The CCI club rallies give you an opportunity to talk one on one with other owners.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigger View Post
Hello , I'm newbie to this form but was wondering if anyone has any knowledge , suggestion or words of wisdom for us . We just purchased a CC Allure "ROGUE" 36, with a 330 , low miles one owner extremely well maintained . We plan on full timing it as soon as the house sells . ANY advice, would be appreciated Thank You

CC built some excellent coaches. The best way to learn is pick a topic and search for threads on that topic on IRV2, RV.net, Country Coach Owners Group on Yahoo Groups.

Read the engine manufacturer, and Country Coach Owners forums on IRV2.

There is a wealth of info on the internet and your problem most likely has been discussed at length on prior occasions. Reading about other people's problems and resolutions prepare you to deal with your new "issues" when they arise.

The manuals Country Coach provided with my old rig have been extremely helpful in trouble shooting parts replacement, Electrical issues, plumbing issues and correct equipment operation. The wiring schematics become especially valuable as the rig grows older.

After eleven years of ownership, I have found the manuals and the experiences described on these forums are the best and cheapest problem solvers.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #10

There should be lots of manuels concerning the MH, read them and read them again. We have a 2004 Allure that we have had for 6+ years I am still constantly getting the manuels out to figure something out.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #11

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Our Magna has so many manuals that it's difficult to keep them separated. I will be reading through things again as time permits. We are moving in tomorrow so I will have more time to read while playing.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #12

Those printed manuals come in very handy at times. Welcome to the Country Coaches owners. I also have benefited from going to rallies. I have been to both FMCA and CCI. Both worth it. Going to two in a row in WY might be a bit too much though. A beautiful part of the country though.

If you need any work done and it is possible for you to go to the area around Eugene Oregon you will have many choices for high quality and fair prices.

B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote