Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:33 PM   #15
Country Coach Owners Club
Thank you everyone for all of the great input! I actually knew the previous owner and am fortunate that he put around $20k into Michelin tires, alignment, AGM batteries, Solar charging system, new TV's and surround sound system and Full maintenence within the last 2 years and 3,000 miles. He had it on consignment with Camping World and offered to sell it to me for what they were going to pay him when his contract term expired. Long story short, CW agreed to sell it to me at his payout price if I would buy it through the dealership. Had to pay a dealer prep fee but it included their 100 plus point inspection, pressurization and leak check of the fuel and fluid systems, 1/2 tank of Diesel (83 gallons!), Full tank of propane, a 3 year Elite Good Sam membership, 1 year roadside assistance and 1 year travel assistance. They also demonstrated that all major systems were working at the time of delivery and gave me a two hour orientation of the coach. I thought that was well worth it.

I do have good mechanic skills and was planning to do most of my own maintenance. There is a lot to learn to put it lightly but it has been fun so far. I crawled under the coach yesterday to inspect the brake shoes and they have about 3/4"-1" of pad predominately tapering off to 1/2" at one end of the shoes. Drums look nice and shiny. I'll do the brake system check this weekend.

After I got it home, I noticed the lights were very dim on the second morning. I had the house disconnect switch off on the overhead console thinking that was the way to leave it locked up. I then learned from the previous owner that the solar charging system runs through that switch and it must be on to work. Lesson learned. I don't have my shore power plug installed yet but he told me how to get an adapter plug for a 110V, 15 amp plug and how to set the inverter for a 15amp input. Now the batteries are staying at full charge.

Another thing I discovered in inspecting the batteries was the cables on one of the house batteries had pulled out of the lead battery connector (hex head bolt where the cables attach had pulled free from the lead). I was able to push them back in place to get the battery charged but ordered military type connectors with a much more robust bolt and clamp for securely attaching the cables. Ordered through Amazon Prime and I'll have them in two days, free ship!

All for now. I need to watch that youtube video series before my next road trip...

Aroadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2016, 06:56 AM   #16
Country Coach Owners Club
First Trip

Completed my first trip from Fort Worth to Elkhart Lake, WI and back with no major issues. The coach drives real nice and by the end of the trip I was getting comfortable with it on the road, maneuvering, etc. Living with/in it for a week revealed some minor things that need attention but overall I am very impressed with this bad-ass coach! Looking forward to the next outing! As I posted in another thread, I am looking for info on the CAT LCD engine monitor/ trip computer on the dash. It was very helpful once I figured out how to reveal the various displays but I would like to know how to reset it before a trip. Does anyone have experience with this?

Aroadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:03 PM   #17
Hello Roadracer, I just noticed this thread. I'm on the other side of the metroplex in Blue Ridge and just purchased a 1995 Affinity, maybe we will meet up sometime.

Charlie Pace
charliepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #18
Did the brakes work good on your last trip? If you are still pushing harder than you should would do more than checking the thickness of the pads, If the pads have been overheated and glazed might try to sand off or replace. I would rather have a coach that won't run than one that won't stop quickly and with control.

2000 Country Coach Magna 36' C-10 385hp Cat
waternut is offline   Reply With Quote