Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:06 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Just made our weekend.

Well we did it, traded our new 2015 Tiffin Motor home 32sa for an
04 Country Coach Allure and I'm loving it.

04 Country Coach Allure (Newport)
Description: This very low mileage (29845) Allure features AquaHot,
a huge galley, 2-vanities, a big shower with seat, 2 roof A/C’s w/heat
pumps, tile entry, combo W/D, beautiful cherrywood cabinetry, a pull-out
sofa bed, and matching ultra leather recliner w/computer desk. This tag
axle equipped coach is powered by an 370H.P ISL Cummins with, 1200lbs
torque, and a 2-stage Jake brake, it features an independent front
suspension DynaMax chassis, 8KW Diesel generator, great bay storage,
included are oneway windows (reflective) can't see in so it blocks out so
much sun and heat its fantastic, equipped with Bose system and
Navigation, plus Porcelain electric toilet, with air leveling on 8 giant air
bags, riding on 8 new Michelin tires included.

Thanks for having us.

JustCruzzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2015, 03:34 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Very nice! Congrats and may it provide many years of happy memories

Old 08-31-2015, 08:09 AM   #3

Good job! Beautiful coach, beautiful location.
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:47 PM   #4

Congrats on your new coach!! We have a 2004 Allure High Cascade model. It was early in the model year, built Sept 2013.

We feel it was a solid investment, and have been very pleased to have it as our 'home away from home'. Has been reliable and we've always felt safe as we rolled down the highways. Last years we did our Retirement Victory Tour to Alaska. We left early in the season, so we had several nights along the way down into the teens. We use a Heat Buddy connected to a stubbed out LP fitting below the fridge (we had that installed) and were always quite comfortable. ----- In others words, a well built coach capable of providing comfort in extreme conditions!

Best of luck to you with your coach, enjoy!!
Smitty
Old 08-31-2015, 04:01 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on the new-to-you Allure. We love our's and have had many happy miles in comfort since we got it in 2013. We traded a 2002 Winnebago Journey and, while the Journey served us well, the CC was surely a step up.

Since Smitty has the same year coach, he will certainly be your go-to guy if you have questions. I am curious since I had not seen a pic of the '04 Allure previously.... how do you access the generator? Is the genset not on a slide tray?

Great looking rig. Curious why you gave up a 2015 Tiffin. Did it not meet your needs or expectations?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Congrats on the new-to-you Allure. We love our's and have had many happy miles in comfort since we got it in 2013. We traded a 2002 Winnebago Journey and, while the Journey served us well, the CC was surely a step up.

Since Smitty has the same year coach, he will certainly be your go-to guy if you have questions. I am curious since I had not seen a pic of the '04 Allure previously.... how do you access the generator? Is the genset not on a slide tray?

Great looking rig. Curious why you gave up a 2015 Tiffin. Did it not meet your needs or expectations?

On the generator, no slide:(! But, I knew that going in, and in budget planning added a bit extra for labor costs once every two years, to get and do more normal maintenance of LOF. Like the fan belt. And, I have had my QD8000 out of our coach twice now. They shop is very used to doing this, and it takes 30 mins from start until the generator is sitting out and in the open. (They run the front tires up on some strong ramps. Have a forklift with a wooden platform for the QD8000 to rest on. Unbolt, unhook the harness and the fuel line, and drop it down and out from under. They did have to trim some of the back of the lower front air scoop, about 1/2", but very minor.)

Why did CC do this? I was told by a gent that worked at CC when our coach was built, that they did this for two reasons: 1) National told them to. (The main reason, as they were asserting themselves more and more into the day-to-day business running of CC. 2) For a few years, the list of options on models made the lines very blurred. For example, you could option out an Intrigue in such away, that it was in some area the same or close to the Magna. So, the Allure was provided with a ISL370, vs the standard ISL400 of the Intrigue. (No CAT option for the Allure, as you could do with the Intrigue.). The Intrigue had the slide out generator, where as the Allure did not. Hydro-Hot's in the Allure have a Single Electronic Heating Element, where as Allure and above had Double Electronic Heating Elements. Etc., etc. The ex CC employee, a person who works at Oregon Motor Coach now, and I trust him. Said 2004 was a year where National tried to provide more separation between the model lines.

Don't get me wrong, no way an Allure would ever be optioned out to match an Affinity! But, you get the idea, and having walked thru probably 70-85 different Country Coaches as we were hunting, I understand what they were trying to do.

Heck, just look at the 'as delivered' weights of the Inspire, Allure, Intrigue, Magna and Affinities - and the weight will show the higher end models have more goodies! (All 40', in this kind of comparison.)

One thing nice about how CC builds their coaches, even the Allure model, Inspire and Tributes - have pride and attention detail in how they were constructed.

Enough rambling by Smitty!

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 08-31-2015, 06:22 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Congrats on your new coach!! We have a 2004 Allure High Cascade model. It was early in the model year, built Sept 2013. Smitty
Smitty: 2004 unit built in 2013?

JustCruzzin:
Welcome to the CC "group". I've gotten a lot of help from them and I've been able to help a (very) few!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Smitty: 2004 unit built in 2013?

JustCruzzin:
Welcome to the CC "group". I've gotten a lot of help from them and I've been able to help a (very) few!
I knew that 'New Math' of the 60's would come back and haunt me!

No way it could have anything to do with my attention to detail...

It was Sept of 2003, with a July of 2003 ISL370 CAPS engine!

Thanks!
Smitty
Old 08-31-2015, 10:59 PM   #9

Just Cruising - I am sure you will love your new to you 2004 Country Coach. We have had our 2002 Affinity for six years now. We have lots of miles on it, many of which we have put on. The darn thing is so much fun to drive we have been lots of places.

But I have to ask. Why did you go from a 2015 to a 2004? I hope you did not loose too much money.

But welcome to the CC group. My motorhome is two years old than yours, but there are lots of similarities. Love to help if I can. We are currently on the beautiful Oregon Coast. Off to the home town of Country Coach in a couple of days.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:42 PM   #10

Smile

Quote:
Curious why you gave up a 2015 Tiffin. Did it not meet your needs or expectations?
After we left on our east coast trip the wind noise while driving the freeways at 60 to 65 mph it was deafening. The engine stayed nice an
cool thru all the hot temperatures on the east coast and down to the south and back out here to Socal. The other is the rode noise combined with the wind I was cursing the rig the whole trip. We had my wife's son mail us the Title when we reached Boston. I was hunting for a diesel anything but preferably a CC and most of the ones we saw were really steep in price, maybe it was those out of state plates that drove those prices. We lost out on the solar panel (Go Power) and the "Safety-T" sabilizer on the front. I thought the Ford chassis was really a bad idea after about 700 miles, it drove like a U-haul truck nothing more. It was a 32sa V10 the power was somewhat okay but the cruise control was a disaster, a modest hill climb sent the computer up and down none stop until you hit the off button. It was all those things that I told my wife I do not want to service it, but trade it in. I like Bob Tiffin he did me a huge favor but with so many things big and little going on and the purchase cost I just want to walk away. And thats after our shakedown run, go figure.

And Thanks
Old 08-31-2015, 11:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
Just Cruising - I am sure you will love your new to you 2004 Country Coach. We have had our 2002 Affinity for six years now. We have lots of miles on it, many of which we have put on. The darn thing is so much fun to drive we have been lots of places.

But I have to ask. Why did you go from a 2015 to a 2004? I hope you did not loose too much money.

But welcome to the CC group. My motorhome is two years old than yours, but there are lots of similarities. Love to help if I can. We are currently on the beautiful Oregon Coast. Off to the home town of Country Coach in a couple of days.
Thanks B Bob, just looking at you avatar suggest it is a sweet ride, still can't get the grin off my face.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:27 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCruzzin View Post
After we left on our east coast trip the wind noise while driving the freeways at 60 to 65 mph it was deafening. The engine stayed nice an
cool thru all the hot temperatures on the east coast and down to the south and back out here to Socal. The other is the rode noise combined with the wind I was cursing the rig the whole trip. We had my wife's son mail us the Title when we reached Boston. I was hunting for a diesel anything but preferably a CC and most of the ones we saw were really steep in price, maybe it was those out of state plates that drove those prices. We lost out on the solar panel (Go Power) and the "Safety-T" sabilizer on the front. I thought the Ford chassis was really a bad idea after about 700 miles, it drove like a U-haul truck nothing more. It was a 32sa V10 the power was somewhat okay but the cruise control was a disaster, a modest hill climb sent the computer up and down none stop until you hit the off button. It was all those things that I told my wife I do not want to service it, but trade it in. I like Bob Tiffin he did me a huge favor but with so many things big and little going on and the purchase cost I just want to walk away. And thats after our shakedown run, go figure.

And Thanks
It is certainly no question that gas coaches and DP's are entirely different animals. We had a 1997 Winnebago Adventurer on a Chevrolet P-32 chassis. It was OK as our first motorhome but I lusted for the ride, power, handling and quietness of a DP so we traded the gasser for a Winnebago Journey after about 9 months. I used to refer to my gas motorhome as a bread truck with a toilet and color TV .

The Journey was nice but no comparison to the CC we now have. Tag axle, air bags, engine in the rear.... all part of the pleasure of driving a higher end DP.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #13

JustCruzzin - I had a gas coach before our Affinity. There is no comparison in the additional travel comfort you get with a diesel pusher. We live part of the year in San Diego which is not too far south of you. One of the things you will find out is that competent repair, improvement, remodel, regular maintenance work on a Country Coach is less expensive around the area where the motorhomes were made, in Junction City Oregon just north of Eugene. There is a whole bunch of places that can do anything you would need to have done such as the CC factory, OMC (Oregon Motor Coach), and Kevin Waite an independent service person in that area. There are tire places, upholstery places, and so on. I found S Cal expensive to get things done. There are lots of competent people there, but the S Cal prices are higher.

Again, welcome to Country Coach owners. Look me up if you get to San Diego area. We are in Oregon now, but later in the year.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #14

Quote:
It is certainly no question that gas coaches and DP's are entirely different animals. We had a 1997 Winnebago Adventurer on a Chevrolet P-32 chassis. It was OK as our first motorhome but I lusted for the ride, power, handling and quietness of a DP so we traded the gasser for a Winnebago Journey after about 9 months. I used to refer to my gas motorhome as a bread truck with a toilet and color TV .

The Journey was nice but no comparison to the CC we now have. Tag axle, air bags, engine in the rear.... all part of the pleasure of driving a higher end DP.
I haven't heard that description before, kinda caught me off guard spit my coffee. And I agree, I dreamt about this day along time.