Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:51 PM   #29

One other thing I meant to tell you was the pto issue was apparently still going on in 08 and country coach was sending compensation to owners to get the pto upgraded with a lubrication kit. I think it was up to the owner to actually get the upgrade done so there could be a possibility the pto was not fixed. You will want to have that checked especially with the miles on the pto.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #30
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IASM View Post
One other thing I meant to tell you was the pto issue was apparently still going on in 08 and country coach was sending compensation to owners to get the pto upgraded with a lubrication kit. I think it was up to the owner to actually get the upgrade done so there could be a possibility the pto was not fixed. You will want to have that checked especially with the miles on the pto.
Thanks, again, IASM! That is on my list, too. Actually, looking at the records, the coach was ordered by its original owner through the same dealership that is selling it now. The original owner had it for over five years. Therefore, it entirely possible that it was done. It is my understanding that the PTO fix was a federal recall program.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #31
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAGAXLE View Post
Out of most all the comments I read I like the purchase one year and then decide. Unless you have $10K to $20K in case always in reserve I would always suggest some kind of maintenance on the engine and drive train. We have a 2008 Inspire FE 43 foot and have had some issues not big but issues that should have been resolved at the factory. If you do decide on going through with the purchase have them change all oil and filters on this RV on their dime. Before you drive out check all the filters to see if they seem to be new. Look at all the dipstick to make sure they had changed it. My hydraulic system holds 80 quarts of oil and the tank had now valve on the bottom to drain it. Had to take the top off and purchase a hand pump to remove the oil. CC had put the tank right above the big ole muffler which posed the drainage problem. Have them also change the water filter and have them go through the "whole" coach with you and educate you on all the functions. Make sure your inverter is one that either matches the year of the coach of is newer. I do "not" trust any dealer to do what they say they will do. All these issue I have gone through. Have you been on the roof? Make sure you visit it and make sure all the caulking is in good condition. Make sure you have a ladder to get up there with. Mine is a removable one on the bottom half and they were not going to give me one to go with it, however I caught it. Yours is probably a hydro hot due to it be an Affinity. Make sure again that they change the filter and the orifices small money to them and better fuel consumption for you. If the overflow is not above the tank have them mount it above as in the installation instructions they are supposed to do that. However it is easier for the techs to just mount it on the hydro hot. Run all the fans to make sure they are not making noise. CC was known to put a 24 volt motor to the 12 volt system. I have one in the B/R and it is loud due to the strain on the motor. If you have a couch in the living room there might or not be a heat transfer in the couch. If there is only one in your kitchen living room area and there is not one in your couch have them install one as ours is cool with just one. The couch has the round holes in ours under the fabric so that if we want it we could add it. You probably have heat pumps upstairs with the A/C units. Make sure you run both to insure they both work cold and warm. This RV is our third and probably our last one and even though most of the dealers are out for all the money they can get out of us I would not trade it for any other way of life. Hope I have helped

Later
Tagaxle
The points you brought up have been extremely helpful - I have a list of items to go over, but several points you brought up weren't on my list and I added them.
You are so right about not trusting the dealers - they typically answer the questions the way it sells the coach regardless. As an example, they told me it is "...a one owner coach..." not so. That was one of the reasons I insisted on getting the previous owner's contact information and asked him some of the questions.
You are also bringing out some good points regarding the EW, as others have done.
I'm really grateful for all the advice and pointers I have received and would like to thank everyone for sharing their thoughts and experiences.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Thanks, again, IASM! That is on my list, too. Actually, looking at the records, the coach was ordered by its original owner through the same dealership that is selling it now. The original owner had it for over five years. Therefore, it entirely possible that it was done. It is my understanding that the PTO fix was a federal recall program.
Look under it and see if has been changed. The first thing I had done was to have the wet PTO installed.
http://www.jdrv1.com/sitebuildercont...s/pto-101a.pdf
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Country Coach can also let you know if the recall was done. The dealers doing a recall are supposed to let the manufacturer know it was done. Call CC with the VIN number. They may be able to tell you.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
srh, when we purchased our coach used over a year ago, I went with a 4yr EW on it as I was concerned about big expenses right after making the big purchase. We had the coach for about 5-6 months and all the little things I had to fix were not warranty items. Leaking hydraulic hose, replace all 10 batteries, change ALL fluid and filters etc. I spent $6k for the warranty, spent about $5200 of my own money doing all the maintenance and minor repairs. I now had gotten to know the coach and had confidence in it so I applied for a refund of my warranty. They prorate it based on time and miles and I ended up getting back about $5,500 of my $6,000 dollar purchase price on the warranty. I paid myself back for the things I had done and have been self insured since with no regrets. I think it was a good idea to do it this way as I had to drive the coach 1,000 + miles home from the dealership and had never set foot in the coach until I got there to sign the papers on it. Figured it was cheap short term insurance in case I lost a motor or trans on the way home with it. JMO Randy
Old 01-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #35

Can't give any advice, but it surely looks nice. Congrats to you....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:51 PM   #36
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
srh, when we purchased our coach used over a year ago, I went with a 4yr EW on it as I was concerned about big expenses right after making the big purchase. We had the coach for about 5-6 months and all the little things I had to fix were not warranty items. Leaking hydraulic hose, replace all 10 batteries, change ALL fluid and filters etc. I spent $6k for the warranty, spent about $5200 of my own money doing all the maintenance and minor repairs. I now had gotten to know the coach and had confidence in it so I applied for a refund of my warranty. They prorate it based on time and miles and I ended up getting back about $5,500 of my $6,000 dollar purchase price on the warranty. I paid myself back for the things I had done and have been self insured since with no regrets. I think it was a good idea to do it this way as I had to drive the coach 1,000 + miles home from the dealership and had never set foot in the coach until I got there to sign the papers on it. Figured it was cheap short term insurance in case I lost a motor or trans on the way home with it. JMO Randy
It is nice that these policies have cancellation and prorated refunding provisions. You did a smart thing - if it doesn't pay for what you need it you might as well get rid of it like you did. Thanks,
Old 01-12-2015, 05:52 PM   #37
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
Can't give any advice, but it surely looks nice. Congrats to you....
Thank you very much!!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #38
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
Country Coach can also let you know if the recall was done. The dealers doing a recall are supposed to let the manufacturer know it was done. Call CC with the VIN number. They may be able to tell you.
Good idea! I called CCC, left a message, they haven't called back. May be I will hear from them. I actually bought the Spec Sheet for the coach from CCC - nothing there about the recall fix.
Thanks for suggesting it.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #39
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Look under it and see if has been changed. The first thing I had done was to have the wet PTO installed.
http://www.jdrv1.com/sitebuildercont...s/pto-101a.pdf
2 stroker
Nice pictures. I'll do that too. Hopefully, I will be able to tell!
Thanks,
Old 01-12-2015, 06:17 PM   #40
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Beautiful rig .

It is like any other insurance. I would shop around for the best deal on any ESP.

THAT is good advice.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #41

Country Coach Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The cost of the extended warranty is usually negotiable. $10K sounds high. I have always got more than my money's worth from an extended warranty.
Jurhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #42

Ext warranties

I bought a new pickup last sept. The ext warranty was $2385 for

a lifetime. The garage i;ve been doing business with said it was

not worth it, if a part was broken and rusted no coverage.

Best you understand whats not covered.

Jim

Tags
purchase