RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:52 PM   #1

Known Issue's with 06/07 Allure and Intrigue

Looking to get into a 06/07 Allure or Intrigue what problems should I be looking for. Most have 400 ISL but one has a 525 cat. Is there a professional consultant to hire for information

Wilgrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2018, 01:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilgrow View Post
Looking to get into a 06/07 Allure or Intrigue what problems should I be looking for. Most have 400 ISL but one has a 525 cat. Is there a professional consultant to hire for information
When it comes to the Cummins 400 in the years you are looking at, need to check the S/N for bad wrist pins.
ISL wrist pin defect serial number range
Need to check if the radiator has been replaced, mine replaced at 17,000mi with a steel and copper.

Does it have the wet PTO installed
http://www.jdrv1.com/sitebuildercont...s/pto-101a.pdf
I would go with the 525hp Cat, 6 to 7 mpg.

Need records of oil changes and any other work done.
You could get the S/N of the motor and call the Cat Hot Line to see if any work has been done at a cat shop.
1-877-777-3126
You can't go wrong on a Country Coach.

2 stroker

2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I just purchased an 06 Allure. Here is what I recommend based on the issues we are having to repair in the mid 5 $figures:
Delamination of the side wall or slides. Check the side walls in the hot sun- delam will then pop if it is there. May not see if cooler or in shade.
Check ALL seals on the outside of coach and roof to be sure no water entry has occurred and they are sealed properly.
Make sure the seals all around the slides are sealed and secure - there is a video somewhere on this site that shows the issues there could be on the slides.
Run all slides in an out to be sure they go out without any issues, smooth, and square.
Yes wet vs. Dry PTO. Ours is Dry but the owners have taken great care to grease annually - so it has been a non-issue.
Fogged windows - this will happen in temperature variations. Not all are fogged all the time. This is a common issue across many manufacturers.
IF someone has installed flooring after the fact to replace carpet - make sure it was done right. In ours it made the floor too high which impacted the slides and issues - have to rip out floor now and reinstall carpet.
Get someone very knowledgeable to inspect the coach. If you donít know someone, I would call Country Coach-Winnebago in Oregon and speak to Greg in service - he would probably know someone in the region/area you are looking. This was a big mistake for us - thinking we could inspect the coach (because we couldnít find someone - and my husband is an A tech mechanic/shop owner) and we have owned several Class As. But nope, get someone who knows and works on these with an OBJECTIVE opinion. So critical.
Heating system - run longer than a few minutes or any system for that matter. Just because it runs for a few minutes - it may not run longer.
Test everything.
SMount10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMount10 View Post
Heating system - run longer than a few minutes or any system for that matter. Just because it runs for a few minutes - it may not run longer.
Test everything.
Good advise here. When we picked up our coach they had an issue getting the generator to start. It did start but was only run for a very short time. A week later I went to start the gen just to check all the systems at home and it would not run longer than 2 min. I ended up being a bad temp sensor and a plugged radiator. We were lucky that Premier covered most of the cost for repair, we did pay for half of the 1000 hr service that was done as part of the service. That included running a load test which was how the plugged rad was discovered. Luckily that has been the only major issue we've had so far, overall the coach is in very good shape for it's age.
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:26 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure there are many weaknesses unique to either the Allure or Intrigue but, as with any coach, how it has been maintained and used is critical.

CC apparently did have a potential issue with how well the Sikaflex sealant held up on the tops of their slide rooms. Mine looked good but I cleaned the seams and applied 4" Eternabond tape. Also, the corner trims on their slides were also attached with Sikaflex on some rigs and, if they got loose, they could leak. I removed mine, re-caulked them, and attached them with stainless screws.

CC, along with others, got some weak radiators in the mid to late 2000's. By mid 2007 (according to Greg at CC) they got past that. Many have been replaced but many have held up. Mine (coach built in early 2007) has one of the 'suspect' radiators but it is still holding up at 11 years and 74K miles. It will probably eventually leak.

There are some differences between the Intrigue and Allure, mostly in the engine. While they may be very similar in their interior and accessories, the Intrigue generally had a bigger engine.

Our 2007 Allure has served us well but we checked it out thoroughly before we bought it. I found sufficient evidence that it had been well maintained by its original owner to satisfy me.

An objective, professional inspection is certainly a good thing to do.