Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
Country Coach Owners Club
Launder The Bed Spread?

Our coach came with this very heavy, fancy bedspread tailored to the Tempur-Pedic mattress. Unfortunately the heat pump leaked some rainwater onto the bed an it left a faint ring on the spread. We've had it dry cleaned and it improved (removed some of the ring) a little but it's still there.

I took it back to another dry cleaner and he suggested laundering the spread but could not guarantee that the spread would survive unscathed. There's no "care instructions" tag on the spread.

Anyone launder their custom made Country Coach bed spread? Or have another way to get rid of a water stain?

Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2003 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #2
No I have not had to launder our cover, and have no idea... I did remember reading this awhile back, down a bit in the answer, they talk about using a bathtub and 4X's the laundry detergent as well as adding a water softener agent (They don't say what kind, but suspect Calgon would work well for this.) You might try this, and after lots of rinsing and air drying, see how it comes out. Then, take it to the laundry afterwards and have them give once more cleaning.

Best of luck!

Hard Water Stains on Light Colored Material and Clothing

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
CoCo Dave - Our spread is not only custom, but matches all the curtains. We get ours dry cleaned and that seems to get it clean. If it were mine and I wanted it clean and dry cleaning would not do it I would wash it my self by hand. After many years of getting my work shirts laundered commercially I would not trust that 13 year old spread to any laundry.

I keep telling my wife we should get a spread from Pendleton that kinda matches our interior. She makes some grumbling noises and we keep using the one we have.
B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:34 AM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
Thanks, guys, for the responses. It's in the dry cleaner's now. We'll see how that turns out before moving forward.
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2003 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote