Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2016, 11:29 AM   #1

Leaking gray water under kitchen 2002 Affinity

My new to me 2002 Affinity is leaking gray water from the kitchen sink below the slide. It is not coming in the coach (except some in the basment) . I can see the flexable hose from underneath the slide through the plexiglass that keep it in place. Most of the water is comming through the weep hole in the plexi. The plexi bottom looks difficult to remove, And have no idea exactly where the leak is in the white tube. And it is cable tied to what I think are the water lines with about 1000 cable ties.

Has anyone had this problem? If so how hard is it to remove the plexi and get to the tube and replace or fix? Or is this job better left to profesionals. Any and all advice is appricated.
2002 Country Coach Affinity 42' #6063 CAT C12 505hp & Matching Featherlite Trailer or 2009 Lexus GX Toad
MarylandRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #2

Hey there Rich. I just had to fix the same problem on our 2000 Allure. It is doable just a pita. Our first leak was where the flexible line cements into the solid fitting to your right looking in. I didn't remove the plexi over the basement as it is riveted and I didn't want to drill all the rivets out. It may be a good idea depending on how flexible you are. I was able to clean the end of the flexible pvc hose (same primer and glue as schedule 40 pipe), clean the solid fitting and re prime and glue them back together. Now, that was last winter in fla. It just sprung a leak where it bends so to speak. So, I went to Lowes and bought several feet of the flexible hose (spa hose). I also got two couplings, both pressure couplings, and cut out the worn spot and replaced. So far so good.

I did remove the plexi on the slide that did help. The hard part is reaching in to the area to cut all the zip ties. I also made sure the propane line was put back in the center of the mix to protect it. Not a hard job just eye it up so you know what you are getting into. I primed and glued both ends of the pipe and fittings. After the fact I read that you shouldn't prime the flexible line as it softens it too much. Haven't had any problems yet.

I would remove the one plexi maybe both. Wear safety glasses and get in there and cut all the zip ties then run some water and see where it is leaking. It may be easiest to buy a long section of the pipe and cut the majority of it out and replace. I wouldn't cut too close to solid ends for future replacement. Any questions let me know I am very intimate with that section of the coach LOL.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #3

Happened to me on my 2000 Magna. It was the connection of the flex drain hose to the hard pipe at the rear of the compartment. Took the coach to Edmundson RV in Edinburgh, Indiana. They removed a small plexi panel (about 5" X 6") from the edge of the slide and cut the 1000 or so wire ties .

The tech removed the upper panel that faces you in the compartment behind the slide and extended the hard pipe an inch or so. This allowed more of the flex hose to be inserted into the hard pipe. The original configuration had less than one inch inserted in the hard pipe. Removing the small plexi panel allowed the tech to cut the wire ties, add adhesive to the flex hose and hard pipe connection and replace the wire ties.

I don't have a copy of the bill but I believe it was about 4 hours labor.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #4

Had to replace mine on the 2000 Affinity. I cut the flex tube and used a rubber coupling and hose clamps to the extended hose. Did it all myself but not easy.
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water