Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #1

LED Taillights

I have a 1995 Intrigue and would like to upgrade my rear lights to LED. I am having trouble findings the lights. Does anybody know where to buy the replacement LED lights ?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2009, 03:25 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Joe, welcome to iRV2.com and to the Country Coach Owners forum. We are glad to have you join us here. I am sure you will enjoy the website. I cannot remember what the tail lights look like on the 95 Intrigue but you might try http://www.superbrightleds.com/truck_lights.htm Good luck and keep us posted.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #3

I went to Harbor Freight and bought the trailer light kit on sale for around $39 . My '89 class C Itasca had a box- like housing in which the original lights mounted. With some minor mods the LED lights fit right in. Wow, what an improvement! Hope this helps. Dan
Old 10-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #4

Mike, I found it interesting that the website you referenced: Super Bright LEDs - Conversion to LED Car Bulbs
states that most LED auto lights are not as bright as filament-type bulbs.
quote from webpage:
Brightness of LED Car Bulbs

LED bulbs are generally not as bright as standard incandescent bulbs, they have many advantages over filament bulbs (longer life, faster on/off times, lower power consumption, more vivid colors) but brightness is not one of them. They are generally not as bright but some of them with large numbers of LEDs, will appear brighter than filament bulbs. As an exception, our new 3 Watt and 5 Watt Luxeon LED car bulbs are as bright or brighter than most standard filament car bulbs. The light is distributed differently so they can appear brighter in some applications and not as bright in others, it depends on the size and shape of the bulb housing and reflector."
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:39 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Mike, I found it interesting that the website you referenced: Super Bright LEDs - Conversion to LED Car Bulbs
states that most LED auto lights are not as bright as filament-type bulbs.
quote from webpage:
Brightness of LED Car Bulbs

LED bulbs are generally not as bright as standard incandescent bulbs, they have many advantages over filament bulbs (longer life, faster on/off times, lower power consumption, more vivid colors) but brightness is not one of them. They are generally not as bright but some of them with large numbers of LEDs, will appear brighter than filament bulbs. As an exception, our new 3 Watt and 5 Watt Luxeon LED car bulbs are as bright or brighter than most standard filament car bulbs. The light is distributed differently so they can appear brighter in some applications and not as bright in others, it depends on the size and shape of the bulb housing and reflector."
Ray, I have not read the referenced website lately and am not sure how up to date the information is. There are different types of LED's as you know. Some do not emit well unless viewed straight on and others do have percentages of angle emission. Most fixtures I have seen, do have multiple LED's as compared to single or dual filament incandescent bulb fixture. The manufactures of the fixtures know the proper type and placement of the LED's within the fixture for the application. Certainly one would want to replace the entire fixture and not try to retrofit single LED's into an incandescent fixture.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #6

Led tailights

I have the same type couch as yours. Your tail lights are Bargman. They now build a line of plugin LED lights that include lens. A good place to obtain them is TEXMOOD at info@TEXMOOD.com .
Old 10-28-2009, 04:01 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Russ, welcome to iRV2.com and to the Country Coach Owners forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forum.
Thanks for the help in guiding our members to the solution they are looking for. Have a great day and keep us posted.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #8

Just for Your info...LED light's run cooler also snow will not melt off so if caught in a storm heading south remember to keep them clean to be seen...LOL...I have them on My Motor Home they look great and are made by Bargman nice mod but a little pricey...About $34.00 per side...Got mine in Yuma Az.years ago...Bushman