Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Lee's Starting Back up Country Coach 2011

Third hand, and free info, so take it for what it cost you...

Ron Lee is bringing Country Coach back into start up production in January 2011. Bob Lee has had a stroke (sure hope all goes well for him).

Reading it, I jumped to a thought that possibly Oregon Motor Coach would be involved with the restart (staff is very heavy ex Country Coach staff). I made this jump, due to a comment about repair and refurbishment of existing coaches (which OMC is very good at).

Let's hope this is true - as it would be great to see Country Coach back on it's feet.

Caution - Third hand info!

Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #2

Well, will OMCC be part of this new service center?
No, they will be in direct competition.
With no tooling and equipment it would be a more than large task to re-start production of new coaches. At this point the task would take much more than a year. It would take many times over the financing available. All the properties still have the for sale signs up.
Does it SNOW in Lane County. No, What you saw today was volcanic ash from Mount Saint Helen.
There are volumes of stories about what is happening to Bob. Volumes about what Ron intends to do.
No direct contact with the source.
Questions and possible future direction of OMCC should be directed to Pat or Ed at OMCC.

Jimmy / 06 MAGNA #6558

MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
Country Coach to start building new motor homes Jan 2011

Country Coach International which is a user group I belong to just sent me two emails today. One of them stated that the president of CC International spoke to Ron Lee Thursday Nov 18 and Ron stated that Country Coach would begin to build new motor homes again Jan 2011.

I am certainly not shocked by this news. I figured this would happen when business conditions improved in the RV industry. Of course what will the chain of events be? Likely no one including the Lee's knows for sure past the decision to start again. When I bought my Affinity just over a year ago the final papers were not signed and CC went into liquidation. I went ahead anyway based on the quality of what I was getting and what I was paying for it. But I thought at the time that there was just too big of a reservoir of good opinions of, and good will towards Country Coaches for them not to be reintroduced when times were better.

I have to say though that I have had exactly zero regrets buying my Affinity. It is such a good motor home I don't see how it could be improved. I have had exactly zero problems getting service and parts. I was especially happy with the service I got in the area where CC's were made last summer. Very good work at more than fair prices.
B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
Commercial Member
Country Coach

That's what I hear, too. They plan to start production in January and the first coaches will roll off in March. At this time, they are just going to produce 24 Magna's in 2011. Of course, that could all change if sales go well enough.

I would think that there should be some pent-up demand as Country Coach owners rival Newmar for loyalty. The last couple of years most CC owners have been afraid to buy. With Bob and Ron Lee in the picture, that should change.

Lee Litchfield
Lee's RV City
Lee Litchfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
They have updated their web site with the announcement so that's as official as you can get.
mattandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
Country Coach Corporation | Excellence by Design
Bruce and Sandy 07 42PDQ Scepter
waco kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
Smile Great news! along with a suggestion...

Since the company is now back in the original hands we can safely assume that the corporation will be intent on insuring the brand stays great.

Many of us have older coaches that we have picked up and the documentation is partially missing, or never ws there.

What would possibly by a way to support the brand, and revenue for the company would be to make available in soft or hard form drawings, manuals and other documentation for all coaches.

We could submit request with serial number and would receive generic and possible custom data depending on what the cost would be to provide it.

It is understood that it would take time to produce so the product could be shelved for now, or assigned to support task to research to determine if it is something that could or should be done.

The old web page had a lot of support data, I am sure the generic stuff could be placed there along with additional data regarding the sources of materials or other items one may need to use but may not be sourced by CCC.

I would be willing to spend a few bucks on a CD or binder, as this increases the "value" of our coach, I am sure others would too.

I also assume that the Lee brothers may look here for feedback so it is up to all of us to present the market case for this and other aftermarket support that we would like from the reborn corporation.
TQ60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
Monaco Owners Club
Country Coach plans to restart Junction City operations in 2011 | OregonLive.com

Luke and Kathy & Charlie kitty, Morro Bay,CA
2007 Diplomat 40' SFT
2013 Honda CR-V "More is the enemy of enough."
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote