Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #15

Thanks
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #16

http://youtu.be/KZvNJ_GeRKs
Old 11-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Left front popping while driving

The video is set to private. Please change it to public.

Brad and Bonnie Morgan
2007 Monaco LaPalma
Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #18

http://youtu.be/g_721bt04SI
Old 11-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #19

http://youtu.be/g_72Ibt04SI
Old 11-17-2014, 04:04 AM   #20

OK I changed the setting to public. You can view now.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:31 AM   #21

Yes, it's viewable now.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:19 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check to see if your jack piston is rattleing in its bracket. Mine are hinged at the top and have some designed play of an inch or so inside the bracket. A small bungee cord stopped the rattle and does not interfer with the jack function.

After watching your video I also suggest checking any straps hanging from your awning or entrance door hold open latches. Good Luck
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
I seem to hear a rattling near the driver position when the rig is in motion and not affected by a turn.

Perhaps it is not a suspension issue but a loose component issue in the Generator compartment, the front basement compartment or inside the left side dash or under the front dash.

I list the above areas, because I have had noises from all those areas on my older rig that I have had to track down. The two most annoying were the security system box up under the dash and the basement compartment door even when locked. Tie wrap and strip insulation calmed those noises.

Could your genset exhaust pipe be loose?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #24

Chasing down noises to the source can be a real PITA!

Some thoughts:

1) It sounded like it could be wind related at times. Maybe open the front generator slide and look around for anything that has popped loose from it's fittings?

2) I know it sounds like front dash area. But I'll share I had a noise on our coach for about two months, that turned out a wire that had broken loose from the roof area. The dap of sealant used to attached it to the roof had been knocked loose during a washing. It flapping around in the wind as we drove, sure did not sound like it was from the roof.

3) Chassis inspection, where they go in with a metal bar and shake things up looking for warn bushings, may show a weak link.

4) Kind of the same as item 3, but also ask them to look for popped seam welds or tack welds on any of the areas they can see.

5) We had the front lower left body fiberglass attachment to the chassis pop loose. (I think it had been nicked by something by the previous owner, or a large bouncing rock, in the past. As it was scuffed up on the underside. Their were some screws that had fallen out. In the right conditions, I'd hear vibrations related rattles. (Just luck that I found it while doing one of my annual crawl unders the rig. Some new screws with some 3M glue to help hold it...)

Wish you luck ahead, and hoping someone has some 'Go look at this' insight to help you find the culprit.

To future silent travels,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had a similar rattling/slight knocking/squeaking noise coming from the left front corner also. My issue was a loose fiberglass panel behind the generator door on the lower left. Mine has a black panel with a removable access panel in it. A large screw at the bottom right comer of the panel broke off and the panel flapped around banging the steel frame. I installed a 1/4" bolt with a rubber bushing behind it and the noise quit.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #26

If I am hearing the right noise it sounds like a broken shock or sway bar mount.
Rod
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #27

Called Mike at motor homes of Texas. He said check the trim ring around the windshield.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:49 AM   #28

Thanks to all for the input