Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Leveling, slide deployment

Been reading some threads on other coach brand forums and see comments where some manufacturers recommend deploying slides before leveling the coach. That makes me curious about what CC recommended in this matter.

My only other DP was a Winnebago with HWH leveling jacks and instructions were to dump air and level the coach before moving the slides. My mechanical common sense told me to level the Allure (we only have air leveling, no jacks) before moving the slides. That is what we always do. Only time I have ever had an issue was when we got the 'excess slope' light which, in my case, prevents any of the HWH slides from moving. I can deploy the Power Gear slide regardless.

Another time, when the coach was trying to adjust the level (little red LED on and 12v pump running), I could not move a slide. In fact, that time the system never did 'think' it was level and I had to start engine and air up to travel height to get the HWH slides to move. Once done, I went back to the auto level and all was fine.

So, what do most of you fellow CC owners do? Level then deploy, or deploy then level?

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our manual says to level, deploy slides and check level again. We have automatic air leveling only so YMMV.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:12 PM   #3

If you read your CC manual, you will see that you are to level first and then deploy the slides.

There are coaches that have you extend the slides and then level, Beaver and Safari are a couple.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:37 AM   #4

CC the guy that lives in my dash keeps telling me every time I turn on the activation key to make sure the coach is level, compartments are closed and that the drivers seat is not in the way when opening or closing the slides.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #5

Level. Open Slide. Sometimes this causes a slight re-level to take place automatically. We the hit the reset button, to turn off the 30 min recheck. (Save on power consumption while boon docking. And, it always seems to need to add more compressor air and do a refinement on level, at 2:00AM! Scares the dog, who then lets us know that the world is coming to an end!) We have an app that is a level, looks like a bubble level, and I'll set that on the kitchen cabinet a few times while in a campground. If it looks off, I'll do a re-level, and then turn off the system again.

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 09-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
We have an app that is a level, looks like a bubble level, and I'll set that on the kitchen cabinet a few times while in a campground. If it looks off, I'll do a re-level, and then turn off the system again.

Best to all,
Smitty
I have that same app, but I keep forgetting to use it!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:45 PM   #7

I looked through my manual to try and find the same answer. Couldn't find it so I just did what I thought was logical. Level first then deploy slides. Seems to work for me. Id also read about those other coaches that say deploy first then level. Based on those of you who found the section I've been doing it correctly.

Stratman50th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, slide