Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
Country Coach Owners Club
Light in Door Handle

My light in my doorway handle. Can someone tell me how to go about replacing it? Thanks

shamrock481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2016, 09:33 AM   #2
If there was a picture of the door handle maybe someone could help ya. They do make more then one, sorry.

RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #3
Kevin Waite should be able to get one for you.
Kevin Waite Country Coach Parts & Service - Log Hill Mesa

'03 Country Coach Intrigue 36'
Cummins ISL 400
TR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:16 AM   #4
If its the grab handle type, just unscrew the top part and carefully pull the plastic (grab) portion from the bottom support get a 12volt LED w/wires and replace the rusted broken wires and reassemble. your good to go for another 7 years....
CC Inspire 330 2005, Cat powered w/Allison 3000mh cooled by PTO driven fan
nytrorcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:07 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Mine quit working. The LED light failed. Got one of these from Amazon and it is now working fine.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:46 AM   #6
"ITC (86430-LED ASSEM-DB) Cool White Replacement LED Light Assembly for IllumaGrip Handles"

Just did mine yesterday. Got this one from Amazon. It was in the top bracket. Only issue I had was carefully stuffing the wires and connectors into the bracket so it would seal when tightening the mounting screws. Since I have a tendency to break stuff trying to fix stuff this job wasn't too bad.
Papa G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:07 PM   #7
Lited Handle

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm going to order an LED from Amazon. I'll it you know how it turns out.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:20 AM   #8
Lited Handle

After some consideration, I decided to replace the handle instead of just the LED. The ends of the handle were chrome and it was starting to peeling to the point that it was an eye sore.
I went onto Kevin Waite's website and he had the same handle on display.
I called him last night, he called me back right away. Told me the handle cost $145. including shipping FedEx. Also the ends of the handle are stainless steel instead of chrome. I'll post more after I install it.

door, light