Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #1

Looked at a 1999 Allure

today and kind of liked what I saw. Single slide, 40 foot. One thing i didn't like was the condition of the outside of the coach. There was something pealing off the area above the windshield. The owner said it was a clear mask. Looked awful to me. Plus the front of the coach had a plexiglas shield bolted to the front. Kinda ugly IMO. Anybody have any info about this? I would like to remove the plexiglas and the clear shield but don't know what would be left behind.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #2

generally speaking, 99 cc allure is a nice coach with a decent floorplan. the exterior clear coating above or below front windshield and the area above the top horizontal line to the rooftop all around is prone to being peeled. there is nothing you can do except to sand off and repaint those area, provided other areas are looking good. To do that you are looking at 1500 to 2 grand; or you can repaint entire coach for proximately anywhere between 7000-20000 depending on where you go (varies huge).

the plexiglas was from manufacturer as an option when new, trust me it cost money. It keeps rock dings/chips out of way. what you are seeing is probably yellowish which looks bad. one thing you can do though - take the shield out, an easy job, buff it with rubbing compound (polishing machine is about $20-30, and you can get rubbing compound from most auto parts stores), it will look clear again.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. The Plexiglass wasn't too yellowed it looked bad because the coach was filthy behind the plexiglas. Seemed hard to clean behind it without removing it. The paint and decals looked ok. The whole thing was mostly just dirty and it was hard to tell how it would clean up. The were a couple of skinned up places on the rear bumper where the copilot failed to stop him in time but they could be repaired fairly easy. Another thing it had was air levelers instead of hydraulic. Are these ok?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #4

i think all that years cc's were equipped with hwh air levelers. mine is. there are no issues as reported, to my knowledge. sometimes it fails mostly on air valves, but replacing it is not a big job.

btw, the differences between 99 and 00 were mainly one without ifs while another with. it makes noticeable difference on maneuverability. mine makes very small radius when turn.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
When you remove the front plexiglass shield, you will have holes to fill to which the brackets are fastened.

That would mean a repaint or touch up of the lower front cap.

CC installed clear coat over gel coat on the white portions of many of their rigs.

That clear coat will peel and needs to be removed, painted and re cleared or one could just polish the gel coat. The polish part is a repetitive procedure and not quite as shiny as clear coat.

I had my brow done in 2002 and it is still good for about $1,000.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote