Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Looking at a Inspire

I'm looking at a 04 CC Inspire Genoa , Needs Tire, Batt , etc. 50.000 mile 350 hp 40 ft, Whats the good bad and ugly about this coach? Est value. Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Check out oodle.com plug in what you are looking at or for and see what comes up. I have an Intrigue 2002 36'. I've had to replace the starter, radiator, inverter, tires, belts and some hydraulic hoses. I don't know how much rv experience you have but if this is one of your 1st coaches I'd recommend going to rv.org and paying what they're asking and read all the stuff. It will be the best money you'll spend buying what you're looking for.
Short of that make sure everything works. Heater, refrig, fans, plumbing, slides, inverter, hot water heater in all modes, (I had to replace the element because it was plugged in and drained and burnt it out) Look at all the service records. Check for leaks and take a walk up on the roof to check out the seals on everything.
Good Luck

Old 03-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #3

We were just at a Country Coach International rally in Tucson week before last. A lot of very happy owners at the rally. You can get a report from the RVCG group on this specific coach. My recommendation is you strongly consider an extended warranty. We got one when we got our CC 30 months ago and it was an extremely good investment. We have had a ton of small stuff need repair / replacement on our coach. Now it is mostly done, but when we first got it there were many things needing work.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Inspire owner

I've owned a 2004 Inspire since 2009. There really is no short answer. It depends on the previous owners mostly. The bones of that coach are very good. The particular 350 Cummins in that model does not have the inherent problem with the PTO that the Cat did in 2005 on so you won't have to deal with that. It does smoke a little more than most due to the older fuel system in that model. The Dynomax chassis is really over built and the coach rides/drives very nicely as long as you have the recommended air pressures in tires and the shocks and ride height are set correctly. If you're handy, the rest you can do or have done. Refrigerator recall should be done. Exhaust brake may need service to work. Check the history on oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, filters ect. Refer to the engine and transmission manuals and follow their recommendations and check up on the previous owners if you can to see if they did. The rest is just interior and appliances which can be considerable depending on the previous owners. The Inspires are very nice coaches in my opinion but all coaches require an informed owner watching the maintainence.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #5

Stevemac, what is the story on the Cat PTO problem? I have a 2005 Inspire with the 400 Cat and haven't had any problems.
Jerry
Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
2005 Inspire

Jerry,

As I understand it, the Cat is equipped with what's called a dry PTO which has to be taken apart and manually greased as opposed to being lubricated by engine oil. There is quite alot of information on this over at the yahoo groups CC forum. There is a fix/modification for the problem. While I don't have the Cat in my coach I have seen quite a bit of discussion of the topic. Kevin Waite in Oregon would be a good source of information. He's on CC yahoo groups.

Steve
Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #7

Jerry, I recently purchased an 05 Inspire with the Cat and have been researching the wet kit. Lots of good information on this site: Chelsa PTO Information
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #8

04 Inspire

I bought Mine New. I an very satisfied. 60,000 miles on it and I feel like I'm driving a new coach every time we go on a trip. It is still a motorhome and you will have issues. I do my maintenance and most all my repairs. You are welcome to drop me a line anytime you have a question I would be happy to help in any way. You are looking at a very nice coach. If it says country coach on it, it is well built Good luck!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the help, Not 100% sure but I think I pick up a Monaco Dip Today.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lued View Post
Thanks for the help, Not 100% sure but I think I pick up a Monaco Dip Today.
Yuck
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Stevemac, what is the story on the Cat PTO problem? I have a 2005 Inspire with the 400 Cat and haven't had any problems.
Jerry
The replacement of a dry PTO with the wet one is relatively reasonable; the damage that can be done when the dry one goes out reaches into the thousands. After watching a cousin with a 2007 Intrigue spend thousands on repairs out in the middle of nowhere, we got ours fixed at OMC in Eugene for far less than he spent! I would highly recommend it.