Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Here is a little info on the wet PTO.
http://www.jdrv1.com/sitebuildercont...s/pto-101a.pdf
Thanks to don2346 and Smitty77 they gave me the heads up on the wet PTO. My 2006 Inspire is at CC now having it installed with some other work being done. One good thing the the Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings one thing out of the way.
2 stroker
Thanks so much for posting the link, very informative.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #16

Bob has is right. I have a 2004 Magna Bob Lee edition. I love everything about this coach. Tags-C15 Cat lots of room. Can't go wrong. I'm so impressed, I will sell mine and buy a new one when they come out later this year.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We've just paid a deposit on a 2007 Allure 470 42' tag. The dealer will start getting it ready today. Is there a chance that the '07 does not have the wet PTO set up? If so, not too late for me to have them address before we finalize the purchase and take delivery.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #18

By all means you want the wet PTO kit installed. If you don't and the PTO fails, you will loose steering. Here is some PTO info CHELSEA PTO
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #19

Have it checked as it is likely. JMHO.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Good news! Talked to first owner of the coach again today and he said he had the wet PTO kit installed so we're good to go ..
Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #21

Good deal, thats $900 in your pocket
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Good deal, thats $900 in your pocket
2 stroker
2Stroker have your valves been adjusted as well? Cat recommends sometime during the first 30K then you're good to go.

Another item to consider is the Engine Fan Controller; a source for many of the cooling issues in alot of CCs along with the radiator.
DOGHOUSE26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGHOUSE26 View Post
2Stroker have your valves been adjusted as well? Cat recommends sometime during the first 30K then you're good to go.

Another item to consider is the Engine Fan Controller; a source for many of the cooling issues in alot of CCs along with the radiator.
Well, I just have 17k on mine will have it done next year. We have had it 4mo and it is still in the driveway, been on Jury Duty hope to head out in 2 weeks
What do I need to do about the Engine Fan Controller what does that entail ?
2 stroker
Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 PM   #24

The fan controller is a small module under the radiator that controls the variable speed cooling fan. I know they had trouble with them on the 2005-2006 Inspire C9s; they wouldn't kick in soon enough to get the fan up to high speed so this combined with the aluminum radiators caused alot of overheating problems. You should be able to hear the different fan speeds as the temp goes up. If it doesn't come on at all and you feel your motor is running hot, you can always unplug the module connector plug and the fan will run high all the time. It won't damage anything maybe just eat a little more fuel but at least you will run cooler. I had this problem on the first trip I took with my coach but after replacing the module everything works as it should.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #25

Thanks for the info, I will look into it and see if I hear the difference. On my 06 Ford you know when the fan kicks in, it sounds like a jet plane plus I can see the temps drop because I run the Edge Insight CTS a great tool. I like to know what a motor is doing all the time, thinking about the SilverLeaf.
2 stroker
Old 04-25-2013, 05:28 AM   #26

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Just to emphasize something, the wet PTO was a recall issue with Country Coach. If you contact Country Coach with the VIN number they can tell you if the recalls were done.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I will look into it and see if I hear the difference. On my 06 Ford you know when the fan kicks in, it sounds like a jet plane plus I can see the temps drop because I run the Edge Insight CTS a great tool. I like to know what a motor is doing all the time, thinking about the SilverLeaf.
2 stroker
2Stroker last year I went to a Country Coach Ralleye in Tucson for the first time and it was a blast; met a bunch of great people (until I went to an Allure Sub-Meeting and was promptly sent down to the Inspire Group where I belonged , I ended up buying a Silverleaf Program that displays on my backup camera monitor using the direct engine computerized monitoring and it's my best purchase so far! Accurate Cooling Temp readings make me feel a whole lot better about that 205 degree thermostat the coach came with; now I can verify going up a grade with a load behind me once the temp hits 206 the cooling fan hits the high speed mode and cools the engine immediately down to 195 or so. The highest it's ever been was 210 while my dash gauges would show anywhere from 210-220 which really gets you worried while driving. It also displays accurrate milage,fuel gallons used, and MPG. The best $1200 I've spent on the coach so far!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #28

That is the one that i'm thinking about that shows up on the backup camera. Thanks for the info
2 stroker