Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #1

Looking at Country Coaches

I am considering a 2004 allure or Intrique.
Any suggestions as to which is better or
Anything I need to consider please?
Lisaelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
The Intrigue is the next step up the food chain, more bells and whistles. Both are excellent coaches.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #3

AS said, both great units, as are all the Country Coaches.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #4

You might want to stay away from the coaches that are < 36' but both are good coaches with the Intrigue being rated a bit higher. The shorter coaches ,32'/33' may have some handeling issues.
For more information I would suggest going to rv.org buy their stuff, read it all, it will be some of the best money you will spend on your coach.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #5

My memory may be off on this, but I think the Intrigue had a Big CAT engine option too. If going 40' or more, that would be nice. Not just for more power, as the ISL Cummins does well, with maybe wanting just a tad more grunt for log steep hills. But the Big CAT also really helps the Jake too.

For either coach or engine of that era, check if it needs wet PTO, and if it has alum radiator. Negotiate accordingly. Also, the 04 Allures do sometimes have paint checking problems, don't think the Intrigue or above do. The Allure also does not have a slide out generator, and I think the HydroHot of the Intrigue has one extra electric element.

We went with an 04 Allure 40'. As the High Cascade model had the galley my wife liked best. It is larger then many 45' coaches.

The build quality of cabinets are the same in both coaches. Intrigue gas a little better fabrics.

We feel the Allure was a very good bang for the buck.

Best of luck,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #6

Don't pass up the 40' Inspire which has a great floor plan and the same quality interior etc. Only downside with ours is the ISC350 is that you only get an exhaust brake but we cross the Rockies and manage quite well.

The CC line is a premium coach.
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #7

Depends on if you are planning to import to Canada.
If so, check with Transport Canada and Registrar of Imported Vehicles.
Country Coach manufacture folks are very helpful as well, located in Oregon.
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #8

We have a 2004 Allure 40', we have been very happy with the coach. It is very well made, and with the tag axle drives very nicely, with plenty of carring capacity. They made some shorter coaches in that time period, but if you go shorter than 40' they will not have the tag axle. As stated in a previous post the 2004 Allure does not have a slide out generator, we had to have some generator work done that required it to be removed this is a big job, I believe the labor to remove and reinstall the generator was about $1000.00.
Also as previously stated check to see if the model you are looking at has the dry PTO if so get the wet conversion done, this applies to both models you are considering. In our case the PTO was not and issue and no modification was necessary. Apparently Country Coach had several different builds concerning the PTO, have a good shop that deals with Country Coaches look at your unit and they can tell based on a visual inspection if you need the conversation. Both coaches you are considering are excellent. The Intrigue will have a more powerful engine, with several options.
Also if you are looking at a coach of this vintage you may want to change the TV's as in 2004 they were the analog.
Good Luck
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #9

Pardon my ignorance...I'm assuming by wet or dry PTO you're referring to a Power Take Off clutch. Why does a Country Coach have a PTO?
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Pardon my ignorance...I'm assuming by wet or dry PTO you're referring to a Power Take Off clutch. Why does a Country Coach have a PTO?
One of the reasons is to run the power steering pump.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #11

2004 is a very good year for Country Coaches. All the models are very good coaches. Just get the one you like best. We bought an Affinity because we wanted a semi custom interior and got a smoking deal at the bottom of the recent depression/ recession. I have never driven a CC I did not like to drive. In my opinion Country Coach is the best deal going for a premium motor home.

A couple things to think about.

1. We went longer, 42' and less slides. Only two driver side. We really like our floor plan. Since no slides on the passenger side we have huge access doors on that side. However, if you have lots of people over in your coach all the time you might want a second front slide. We have seated 16 in ours easily.
2. I like and almost everyone likes coaches with tag axles. It is because it makes them so solid on the road. But if you get a tag and want lots of basement storage it is best to go with 42' +.
3. I like my big Cat motor. We have a C12. Lots of power and seems to get about the same fuel mileage as everyone else. I think that is because you are at such a light throttle all the time. Also it sounds really good.

Have fun shopping. Don't be in a hurry to pick one out. Shop carefully.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Here is a little info on the wet PTO.
http://www.jdrv1.com/sitebuildercont...s/pto-101a.pdf
Thanks to don2346 and Smitty77 they gave me the heads up on the wet PTO. My 2006 Inspire is at CC now having it installed with some other work being done. One good thing the the Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings one thing out of the way.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #13

B Bob's observation that the 42' Tag coaches do provide you with more basement storage is a good one. We are ok with our 40' Tag's two large basements with slide trays, and one 1/2 basement.

If space for parking storage is not a factor, and you are still in the looking for a coach phase, looking for a 42' model is good input.

To be clear, for us, we would only take a 42' coach over our 40', if it had the same basic galley lay out. The High Cascade Allure's galley, was what sold the coach to my wife. (It is up to me to figure out how to carry all the stuff we need in the basements - and I do. The times that we are the 'home base' for other family members, is when it really gets tight. Extra folding chairs take up soo much room!)

Best of luck,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #14

we have a 37ft Allure 2005 that was the year they switched to a taller coach, we have a tag (yes on a 37ft) and our front end comes out to work on the genarator so it must be a year thing.

Paint checking is on the Allure models and below, PTO wet is a must and a new radiator. We purchased ours from Premier RV and they handeled all of the above before we bought it, they are simply great to work with.