Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
DTS

Country Coach Owners Club
Looking for Coach Armor lower panel

Hello folks,

My recently purchased 1998 Intrigue is missing the lower piece for the Coach Armor bug shield.

I looked up Mills Mfg, the maker of Coach Armor, and found out they went out of business years ago. I know there are other companies who do these plex-glass shields but I don't want to buy a whole new one, just replace the lower panel and a couple of missing parts.

Has anyone here recently removed theirs and wants to get rid of it? I've heard of several people taking theirs off to freshen up the look. I kind of like the period-correct look of this and would like to preserve it. I need the lower piece that attaches below the hinges, plus a couple of the round stand-offs (one of mine in the main upper piece is stripped so the wingnut bolt won't thread into it), plus a few extra wingnut bolts.

If you have any of these in your stash or know of someone who does, please let me know

1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 02:27 PM   #2

Coach Armor.

Dusty,

This company might make you one if nothing else.
Summit Product Home

Luck,

Bob

Bigbluedog55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #3
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluedog55 View Post
Dusty,

Summit Product Home

Luck,

Bob
Thanks Bigbluedog55. I had come across that company in my research, and they do list that they can do a shield for my year and model of coach. I wasn't sure whether they could duplicate the one piece I need from another vendor though. Well, I'm sure they could, its not rocket science, but I don't know if they already have the spec's/drawings to do it. If it comes to that I could measure the dimensions for the attachment points on the existing hinges, but I don't know the exact outer dimensions of the original piece, so I'd have to either guess at it or find someone nearby who has one I could measure, to send them the spec's. Before I go through all that hassle I'd like to see if there's something available used, since I've read of a few people taking theirs off entirely. But thanks for the suggestion, I may investigate that further if nothing comes up.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluedog55 View Post
Dusty,

Summit Product Home

Luck,

Bob

X2 on Summit Products. I've used them to replace a stainless wind deflector piece on my coach armor. They know what you need. Call them at 800-329-2958.

I saw your lower was missing and actually thought it looked good that way. I do want to keep mine protected however.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Retired USAFR
ltcolmac17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:54 PM   #5

At one time, Kevin Waite had a complete bus armor in his inventory. You might give him a call. He is an excellent tech plus being a nice guy

Kevin Waite (Former Country Coach Service Tech. & Owner)
95430 Noraton Rd., Junction City, OR 97448 541-953-6162 (Cell)
Mobile Repairs, Technical Support
Country Coach Parts
kvn.wt.7629@gmail.com
Old 05-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #6

I have a coach armor shield off a 2000 allure for sale check inland empire craigs list rv
Old 05-17-2016, 10:03 AM   #7
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK45 View Post
I have a coach armor shield off a 2000 allure for sale check inland empire craigs list rv
Just checked out your ad. Do you have any photos of it? I only need the lower piece but that seems like a good price. I'd probably have to pay more than that for just the lower, if I was able to source a new one, which I'm not. See next post.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:05 AM   #8
DTS

Well I struck out with Summit Products. Thanks everyone for your suggestions to contact them. They were prompt and courteous with their response, which I'm pasting in below for anyone who searches this topic in the future.

Quote:
Good morning Mr. Sharp,

I wish I had better news to your request. Unfortunately about 8 months ago we made a company decision to discontinue our Body Block Shields. Due to lack of sales, material cost and minimum order requirements from the supplier to make our shields. As for anyone else who makes a similar product. I have yet to find one in my online searches.

I checked with our Shop Foreman to see if by chance we had a left over section large enough to make your lower section. I am told we do not. My suggestion would be to check locally with a fabricator who works with plastics. You may find something that can be used to replace the lower section that is missing. The tough part would be to add the curve on the ends to match the upper section.

Best regards
Kelly

Kelly Johnson
Customer Service Manager
Summit Products
6750 NE 41st Avenue
Altoona, IA 50009
Old 05-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #9

I have a 2001 intrigue, and we had ours taken off after being hit at a stop. Silly 4 wheeler in his 1 day old Tahoe thought passing on the right was a GOOD idea. Long story short, the upper was damaged, lower, not so much.

Yours for cash and carry.....no cash, you carry. I'm in the Boise area. PM me and I'll give you a contact number.

Tom
CC Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #10
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Driver View Post
I have a 2001 intrigue, and we had ours taken off after being hit at a stop. Silly 4 wheeler in his 1 day old Tahoe thought passing on the right was a GOOD idea. Long story short, the upper was damaged, lower, not so much.

Yours for cash and carry.....no cash, you carry. I'm in the Boise area. PM me and I'll give you a contact number.

Tom
Wow that's a generous offer thank you very much for offering! The only problem is I don't get to travel very far, I'm in Southern California and still working for The Man so we tend to take short, quick trips, and Boise's a bit out of our range for now. Is there any chance it could be shipped? I understand that's a big hassle, hopefully just the lower portion isn't too unwieldy though. I would of course pay for shipping and whatever packaging costs, and for your trouble. Also, are the Coach Armors identical for '98 versus '01?
Old 05-17-2016, 05:41 PM   #11

coach armor picture

Posted on craigs list
Old 05-17-2016, 06:19 PM   #12
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK45 View Post
Posted on craigs list
Jack45, thanks for posting it. Upon close examination it doesn't look the same as mine. The headlight cutouts on yours are higher up in relation to the hinge. Mine has two separate hinges, yours has a single piano hinge all the way across. While yours may be interchangeable onto a '98, the components aren't compatible with what I already have. I'd have to swap the entire thing out. Unfortunately I'm not interested in that strategy quite yet. I have no clue if the holes will line up (I don't want to drill more holes in my front cap) or if the front cap of a '98 is identical to an '01. Thanks again for your trouble, but I'll have to pass on it for now.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #13

IDK, looks the same to me. As far as shipping, pretty heavy, and large. Might pay for lots of fuel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	127344  
CC Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #14

Boise is a great place to visit!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Tags
panel