Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #1

looking for first motorhome

Been looking at lots of used Class A Diesel Motorhome and looking for any advice.

Country Coach seems to pop up as one of the best. The 1997 - 2000 Allure / Intrigue seem to be in the right price range. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

We think we want a front door (not a mid), 325 HP +, custom chassis, aluminum wheels, 2 couches with booth dinette, washer / dryer, and hopefully under 50,000 miles.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by j and s beck View Post
Been looking at lots of used Class A Diesel Motorhome and looking for any advice.

Country Coach seems to pop up as one of the best. The 1997 - 2000 Allure / Intrigue seem to be in the right price range. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

We think we want a front door (not a mid), 325 HP +, custom chassis, aluminum wheels, 2 couches with booth dinette, washer / dryer, and hopefully under 50,000 miles.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.
My current model is a CC, so I agree with you but I also had an Am. Eagle with Spartan chassis, 300hp and I would go back to that in a minute if I needed to. Two couches are great, especially if you have a front slide out for the room. I wanted the booth but I have the dinette. Think carefully on the W/D, it takes up 36sq.ft of cabinet space and I took mine out of BOTH coaches. Never needed them but I needed the storage space more. Soliciting
Manufacturers design the coaches with the correct engine size to match the coach weight vs hp. The Am. Eagle weight was 26K with 300hp, the Intrigue weight is 42K with 525hp. So I now get 6mph vs 9mpg and it goes up and down and on the flat the same. Hp versus weight is the key.

CC construction and material is excellent. Get a 1998-2004 and you will have the best that money will buy. I am not knocking any other make since I too looked at several others. Any high end coach will maintain it's quality and longevity forever. Good luck and remember to give your wife a voice in what you both will be happy with.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #3

The CC Concept was the very best production line MH ever built. Produced from 1989 to 1999. The 1995 Concept had a MSRP of about $450K.

Jim E
Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #4

j and s , welcome to the forum and good luck...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Be sure to check our classified section of the website.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #6

J and S,

I've been actively shoping for a year. On Country Coach there's an excellent informational site compiled by one of the top salesmen of CC. It doesn't list the CC concept, but you may find it helpful Model History | Damon Rapozo

I've found two web sites especially helpful in seeing what's available for sale. www.oodle.com and RVTrader.com (though the beta version keeps freezing up my Explorer, but not a problem on Google.).

Best of luck to you and your wife in your quest!

Mark
Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Our 1999 National Tradewinds 7372 fits your description to a "T". We bought it in 2007 and have been very happy with it. 37', 300hp Cat 3126, Freightliner Chassis, front door. Here are pictures of it the day we bought it https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ae67f...92766057%21554 we have done a few mods over the years, like Laminent Flooring, TV's of course and several others. Here is a link to pictures of a few mods we've done. https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ae67f...2766057%211671

Dick
Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #8

We liked the extra galley counter space in our rig along with a sofa long enough to stretch out upon.

Under 50,000 miles in 15 years might involve a rig that was a "concrete queen" and was lived in several months of the year. The average RVer puts on @ 5,000 miles per year. So normal use would put the miles around 75,000 miles in 15 years.

Personally I would prefer more miles of use on the chassis systems and less use on the interior.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #9

I agree with Dean and his concrete queen comments. One of the worst things you can do with a coach is let it sit for two years. Everything drys out. Tires shot, seals shot, and so on. Much under 5 grand a year means it sat a lot. Country Coaches in the years you specify are very well made. 36-42' 2000-2004 to me are the best years. Call the factory in Oregon to see if they have any coaches that fit your needs.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
laj

Call premier rv. They have several of the yr. and models you are thinking of. I store mine there great people.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #11

Hey J & S,
We just bought our first MH, a 2006 Allure 430, internet shopped for about 2 months and then went out west and shopped fulltime for 8 days (my wife truely is a saint). Couldn't find anything under $150k that had the quality and features of the Allure for what we want to use it for. Good luck and feel free to message me if there is anything we can help with
Steve
Old 07-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #12

We also bought our Intrigue 42 from premier and they are really good

Price was what we wanted and we received what we wanted for our trade.

Mike...
Flameryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:57 AM   #13

Hi Mike, we just put a deposit on a 2004 intrigue, we are hoping we did the right thing, we have a 94 magna now that is in excellent shape. We think we need "want" a slide lol but are concerned because we love our magna so much. Do you think we will be happy with the intrigue?

Dave
Old 07-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #14

Hi Dave,

Congratulations!!!

We LOVE the Intrigue.

It is a great coach, we moved up from a Fleetwood Storm 34 so for us it is night and day better.

I really like the Intrigue, we looked at several Magnas but found we liked the Intrigue better. In addition we got a great deal on the coach.

For us, we three dogs the three slides just rock!!

I am sure you will enjoy the Intrigue.

Mike...

Flameryder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome