Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:45 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Looking for manual/diagrams for 1992 Concept Gillig Chassis

Hi everyone,
I am new on this site and so glad to have found you. We bought our 1992 Concept in 2008 and love it! However we were provided with incomplete manuals and diagrams. As you owners of pre-bankruptcy coaches know, Country Coach has very little documentation related to our rigs. I am reaching out to anyone who may have this - in particular we need the manual/schematics for the Gillig chassis components. Our Cruise Control no longer works and so far no techs have been able to determine where the 'brains' are located. Their said there is no power to the ECM and they need the schematics to troubleshoot. Can anyone out there help?
Virginia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coach on road.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	118248  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #2

I can email the Gillig Chassis Manual (.jpg format) that came with my 1995 Magna. I suspect it will be useful, but perhaps some components were different on the heavier Concept.

Gillig will know if you call their MH service department.

Send a PM with your email address.

My King Controls cruise control black box is mounted in the engine compartment, passenger sidewall, just behind the battery box.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:12 PM   #3

Which engine and trans on your combo. I have a 94 version of the Gillig chassis with Cat 3176 and Allison HT-747 trans and info for this set-up.
Cdnw30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnw30 View Post
Which engine and trans on your combo. I have a 94 version of the Gillig chassis with Cat 3176 and Allison HT-747 trans and info for this set-up.
Thanks for the response. We have Gillig chassis, Detroit Diesel 6V92TA and Allison transmission. I have learned that the cruise control is wired to the DDEC II ECM so we have a different set up than you do.
Virginia
Old 02-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
I can email the Gillig Chassis Manual (.jpg format) that came with my 1995 Magna. I suspect it will be useful, but perhaps some components were different on the heavier Concept.

Gillig will know if you call their MH service department.

Send a PM with your email address.

My King Controls cruise control black box is mounted in the engine compartment, passenger sidewall, just behind the battery box.
Thank you for responding to my post about the manuals. Since posting I have talked with Gillig, King and Valley Power (Detroit Engine service center) and done extensive searching on internet. We have a Detroit Diesel 6V92TA with DDEC II. It is an electronic engine (vs older mechanical engines) and King said their cruise control only works on mechanical engines. Apparently the cruise control functions for an electronic engine are controlled by wiring from the switches directly to the DDEC II ECM. Gillig did not install the cruise control. They sent the chassis to Country Coach after installing only a cable of some sort. I found wiring diagrams for the DDEC II on the internet. I will be providing these to our tech, hoping it will be what is needed to resolve.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:48 AM   #6

If. You haven't already spoken with him Gregg Bootes at Country Coach is probably the best place for you to start. We've had our Concept for a year now and Gregg has been an invaluable source of information on the Concept.

Which model and floor plan is your Concept? I would be happy to share my manuals with you. Our coach is a 1990 Concept Anteres 36' on a Gillig chassis. You probably have a 40' model but the manuals seem to be the same for all Concepts, especially the house manual. I've read my manuals over countless times and I don't know how I would manage without them. I absolutely love this coach and have been so impressed at the build quality. Feel free to PM me if I can help.

Russ
1990 Country Coach Concept 36' Anteres
1997 Jeep Wrangler, Blue Ox
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
If. You haven't already spoken with him Gregg Bootes at Country Coach is probably the best place for you to start. We've had our Concept for a year now and Gregg has been an invaluable source of information on the Concept.

Which model and floor plan is your Concept? I would be happy to share my manuals with you. Our coach is a 1990 Concept Anteres 36' on a Gillig chassis. You probably have a 40' model but the manuals seem to be the same for all Concepts, especially the house manual. I've read my manuals over countless times and I don't know how I would manage without them. I absolutely love this coach and have been so impressed at the build quality. Feel free to PM me if I can help.
We have a 40' 1992 Concept Capella. I don't know how similar it is to yours re cruise control (our current issue) because Gillig told me they sent the chassis to Country Coach without installing cruise control, at CC's request. So whatever ended up in the coach was done by CC. I believe we have eliminated King as the vendor because they only provide mechanical cruise control units and it appears we have an electronic one. If you know yours is electronic, I would greatly appreciate any information you can share from your manual. Thank you!
Old 03-21-2016, 01:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatebus80 View Post
We have a 40' 1992 Concept Capella. I don't know how similar it is to yours re cruise control (our current issue) because Gillig told me they sent the chassis to Country Coach without installing cruise control, at CC's request. So whatever ended up in the coach was done by CC. I believe we have eliminated King as the vendor because they only provide mechanical cruise control units and it appears we have an electronic one. If you know yours is electronic, I would greatly appreciate any information you can share from your manual. Thank you!
Skatebus80-
You are correct, my engine is mechanical, not electronic so unfortunately I don't have a part number for you. I'm surprised Gregg Bootes wasn't able to provide that information. I don't know if you are still looking for a chassis manual, but I'm pretty sure the manual I have applies to your coach as well. I have the 260 page manual scanned and can send you a Dropbox link if you want to PM me.

Russ
1990 Country Coach Concept 36' Anteres
1997 Jeep Wrangler, Blue Ox
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
Skatebus80-
You are correct, my engine is mechanical, not electronic so unfortunately I don't have a part number for you. I'm surprised Gregg Bootes wasn't able to provide that information. I don't know if you are still looking for a chassis manual, but I'm pretty sure the manual I have applies to your coach as well. I have the 260 page manual scanned and can send you a Dropbox link if you want to PM me.
Update since my last post: I contacted Gregg Bootes and yes, he was very helpful. He said our cruise control is a Bendix (unfortunately they no longer exist), and sent us the documentation in case the repair could be done without needing parts from Bendix. He also said that he helped a customer replace their Bendix with a cruise control solution from KingControls. We found a CC service center in our area (Southern California) and after discussing the problem with their service manager we are taking it in this week. If they can't fix it we'll have to decide whether to replace it. Will post another update afterward. PS: we obtained chassis and engine manuals from another CC forum member who lives here and had them scanned. Mostly for future info as the cruise control content in the chassis manual is minimal. Thank you for your offer.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #10

If bendix it may be pneumatic.

Look under the unit by the drivers tire or locate the throttle servo and follow the air hose as it will also go to the cruise control.

Ours had a hissing sound after engine running that drove us nuts until we found it...

The cruise control on ours bendix is a control box and valve with regulators mounted to plate behind drivers side rear wheel.

Unplug and disconnect to remove then clean all connections and check regulators by connecting to compressed air and adjusting to label.

If needed open up and clean.

Do so over large pan to catch things that fall.

Tags
cruise control, ddec ii, ecm