Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2014, 04:39 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Love my 1995 concept

Hi all, well it's been a few weeks now that I have owned my 1995 concept now named the RANDIKAY after my wife and the more time I spend with it the more I just love it! (Just like my wife)When your inside the quality of everything feels more like a well built custom home than a RV. We went to camping world to get a few things and went looking through all the DP and there was not one that I would trade mine for even with all the pop outs.
I am making a few upgrades, 32in flat screen in the living room and a 22in in the bed room. New digital antenna and tire covers.

Dose anyone know about the braund tv antenna? I mounted the new digital antenna to the old power pole and it seems the controler on the wall dose not work. I can use a jumper to raise and lower so no big deal but I don't know if the controler is also a power booster or if it somewhere else in the bus? There is a TV switch on the control panel in the bedroom but not for sure what it dose.the new antenna came with a new power booster but instructions say use one or the other and not both.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	59723  
Hondalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2014, 04:43 AM   #2

Pic

I need to build a covered spot for her!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	387.0 KB
ID:	59724  
Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #3

I recently removed my Braund antenna. I have replaced the gear that raises the antenna, the arms, and the head over the last 12 years. The antenna was mounted on the right side roof so it could be a very good tree branch catcher.

I travel with no antenna now, except the in-motion dome which is all we have ever used. But, we are down to about 30 days a year in use.

My Braund Concord of the same vintage was wired through a 12v booster on the back wall of the video cabinet. So, I think if your set up is original, and you use the coax lead that attached to your previous tv you may have a power booster in line.

I do have a PDF file for the Installation and Operation of the antenna if you do not have it already. It also has parts listed, but they are no longer available from the manufacturer.

My controller worked, but the topside response problems appeared to be in the wiring. If you are using a jumper wire, then you have already discovered a fuse behind the controller switch panel.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #4

Dean, thanks for the info that is what I was thinking until my wife came across a old ad for the antenna that made it sound as tho it was in the controller. You didn't happen to keep the old controler did ya? I know it's not likely just thought I would ask.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:37 PM   #5

Sorry, that stuff met the garbage man.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote