Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
lp tank gauge sender

I have had a recurring problem presenting itself only after driving in the rain. The Seelevel remote tank display shows opn for lp this shows open circuit in tshoot instructions I have finaly tracked it to the plastic level display/sender on the end of the tank. One of its lugs is broken allowing water ingress I need to get a replacement but cannot see any part detail. Anyone have a clue?
Michael
2008 Allure 31683
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #2

Your best bet would be a propane tank service company. In the mean time, I would dry everything out and seal it all with a rubberized sealant.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #3

Michael

I have the same system but had a slightly different problem. I called CC
and they sent me a new sender for the tank.

All is well

Dick
Bigd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Michael
Hopefully I can be of some assistance with your LP gauge issue.

I would assume that your RV uses the standard ASME LP Tank that is mounted horizontally which seems to be standard in the RV industry and is likely made by Manchester, and it uses a gauge and sending unit that is likely made by Rochester Gauges, Inc.

A little background info for your reference, the LP sending unit assembly is attached directly to the horizontal LP container. The mechanical float assembly is situated inside the container and corresponds with the sending unit/gauge which is secured on the outside of the container. The float assembly activates a magnet positioned at the rear of the gauge. The magnet actually moves the needle on the gauge which in turn "sends" the corresponding electrical signal to the monitor panel.

The replacement electrical sending unit that, again seems to be a standard in the RV industry, is likely rated at 0-90 ohm's and is available from Rochester Gauges or many large RV stores carry these as a replacement. If it is infact a 90 ohm sending unit, as the one on my 2001 Monaco Dynasty, that is mounted on a 40 Gal LP tank, it is referenced under a Rochester part no. P5628S02537 (Jr Size).

As information, these are very easy to change out by removing two small #6-32 screws that secure the gauge to the tank assembly.

For your assistance, I have included two documents that you may find helpful that references the Rochester Gauges.

Hope this helps and Happy RV'g.

Yukon Jack
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #5

Yukon Jack nailed it. Thats the one based on tank size and location.

Jack...

Where were you when I was looking for my sender?
Bigd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #6

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply, very helpful. My gauge looks almost exactly like the one in the PDF's you attached with the exception that it is not held on with screws but 4 plastic catches which are part of the clear plastic moulding. It is one of these catches or clips that has broken therefore the gauge is not held firm to the tank. However you have given me the start point I am sure I will now be able to source the correct version.

Kind regards

Michael
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IF you can get it dried out and working, GOOP can seal that lug.

But that said, I don't think you can get it dried out and working.. In fact I don't think *I* could get it dried out and working, and, well.. I have the tools and knowledge (IT is not just water getting in that is the problem, there is another issues I suspect, and that's the real problem) but if it works dry.. Then dry it out and try some goop to seal it up.

You can find GOOP adheasive sealent in the glue isle most anywhere but Wal-mart and Lowes. They do not sell to Wal-Mart.