Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2015, 11:32 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Magna starting batteries & 10 disk player

Have 4-1000 CCA batteries for the engine. One person told me they are only charged when the engine is running. Is that correct?

The magazine in the over the dash Kenwood 10 dish player seems to be stuck or I just don't know the correct switch positions to get it to work. I know about the dash/home switch but can't get the unit to power on to remove the magazine. What am I missing?

I won't have the MH back from Cummins till at least Friday so I can't verify any answers or things to try till at least then.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2015, 02:25 AM   #2

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I believe the chassis batteries are indeed charged when plugged in as well, but do not know this for fact. I only have 2 of the 8D batteries for my chassis batteries, but they seem to always be charged, even after sitting for several months.

My older Magna has a different CD changer mounted behind and above the driver. Cannot help with that.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:23 PM   #3

Your chassis batteries are charged when plugged in or generator is running in addition to when running down the road.
gsander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsander1 View Post
Your chassis batteries are charged when plugged in or generator is running in addition to when running down the road.
That's what I thought as it was that way on the Dutch Star. I was told that there was a oil pressure switch that only let the chassis batteries charge when the engine was running.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:08 PM   #5

gsander1 , is correct my 05 Magna is set up the same as well .

Randy.
2005 Magna 630 Rembrandt
Eau Claire Wi
Randy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I couldn't believe that on a rig as well equipped as the Magna is would have a charging system that wouldn't keep the chassis batteries charged too.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
That's what I thought as it was that way on the Dutch Star. I was told that there was a oil pressure switch that only let the chassis batteries charge when the engine was running.
You most likely have a Echo Charger in your coach. What happens is that the inverter charges the house batteries and then the Echo Charger does some magic and connects the house batteries to the chassis batteries to charge them.

You also have the oil pressure switch which will connect the alternator to the batteries when the motor is running
Old 04-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
You most likely have a Echo Charger in your coach. What happens is that the inverter charges the house batteries and then the Echo Charger does some magic and connects the house batteries to the chassis batteries to charge them.

You also have the oil pressure switch which will connect the alternator to the batteries when the motor is running
The Dutch Star had an Intellitec BIRD which must be like and Echo charger as that's what it does also.
On the Dutch Star the batteries seemed to be hooked directly to the alternator.

Tags
batteries