Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #29

Awesome and congratulations. I think you did good.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2015, 06:59 AM   #30

If you want you can call Tonya at CC and she will send you a pdf brochure for it for free. If you would like the build sheet for the coach I think it is $25.00.

Tonya Buendia
Sales Support
Country Coach Corporation
P.O. Box 575
Junction City, OR 97448

Office: (541) 234-2167
Fax: (541) 234-2189

tonyab@countrycoach.com
Country Coach Corporation - Motorhome Factory, Service Center, RV Parts
Old 02-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #31

Country Coach Owners Club
Congratulations on the acquisition.

I believe the sweet spot for CC was @1994 thru 2003 on the Affinity, Magna, and Intrigue.

Hopefully, you received the manuals for the chassis, Cummins engine and Country Coach.

They are a gold mine of info for a CC owner.

I scanned my CC and Gillig manuals into my computer docs so they are almost always accessible even if the coach is else where.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:26 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition.

I believe the sweet spot for CC was @1994 thru 2003 on the Affinity, Magna, and Intrigue.

Hopefully, you received the manuals for the chassis, Cummins engine and Country Coach.

They are a gold mine of info for a CC owner.

I scanned my CC and Gillig manuals into my computer docs so they are almost always accessible even if the coach is else where.
X's 2 on the sweet spot. I always felt the Intrigue was the bet bang for buck in those years, as you could get it with the BIG CAT... I talked with a tech at Oregon Motor Coach that worked on the Allure line in those years. Asked him how much he felt I had lost with a 2004 model. He went into the coach and checked the build date, Sept of 2003, and said they had not started further 'National'izing' the coaches until well into the 2004 model build year. He said I should consider my coach the same as the 2003 as far as components and build process.

Again, very happy for you and your new wheels shoes!!! Go slow and easy, and have some fun while you get to know your rig...
Best,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:28 PM   #33

Thanks Smitty and others. Hope we cross paths on the road. It did come with all manuals, I may digitize em one day, you know when I'm bored after I've seen all the states 😜 I will call and get the build sheet.

Problems are just mechanical stuff that should be done. I'm going to wait until I speak to folks at the Escapees Rally on best way to fix paint. I'm thinking $2k is way too much.

Did have my first "what the hell" today 😜 At stop light, pulled brake and put in N. Light goes green, I release brakes, hit D and she just "limps" along. Guess it was some safety thing. Stopped, then N to D and all was good. Yikes 😜

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:31 PM   #34
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bet that made you sit up and take notice
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:25 PM   #35

Just got the Build Sheet from CC. Was ordered with $30k in extras, which brought the sale price to just over $209,000 😜 And that's in 1996. Glad I bought used for around $.15 on the dollar! 😜👍 She also sent the sales brochure which was kinda cool. Cost was $25

Old 02-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBilly View Post
Just got the Build Sheet from CC. Was ordered with $30k in extras, which brought the sale price to just over $209,000 😜 And that's in 1996. Glad I bought used for around $.15 on the dollar! 😜👍 She also sent the sales brochure which was kinda cool. Cost was $25

Crazy ain't it. My build sheet with options was $333,000.00.
Now if you call Bo from gillig with your vin# he will send you about 12 pages of stuff for your chassis.

Bo Vongamath
Technical Service Advisor
Gillig
25800 Clawiter Road
Hayward, CA 94545
Phone: 510-264-5077
Fax: 510-785-1348
Old 02-10-2015, 08:18 AM   #37

Forgot to add...it's free.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:16 PM   #38

An update for all...

1. The rig had just 68,000 mi on her NOT 86,000 mi like I said in the beginning. Have put about 2500 mi on the last few months.

2. Well the Dometic fridge slowly died and will need too be replaced. I'm looking at a NovaKool or Vitrifrigo as a replacement. They work off 12v or 110v, no more propane crap technology...

3. Clearcoat has peeled in more places. Looks like I'm going too have the entire rig redone. Not sure how that's done or how much it will cost, but paint looks good, so it will have too be done...

4. Accident 😩😖 Have been using Google Maps across U.S. and have had no problems... On way too see my sister in Signal Mountain TN Google Maps decided to send me up the "W" road and I didn't notice it had switch-backs about 2.5 mi up 😩😖 So got too this point and tried too make the turn. Ended up crushing 2 bay doors. They work but most likely will have to be replaced. Worst part was I had too BACK DOWN the hill for the 2.5 mi 😖 Yep, that sucked, big time. Didn't go in the inside ditch, or over the edge and die, so I guess it worked out 😜 Most stressful thing of my entire trip. Cops didn't give me a ticket...

5. The rig works as she should and all work done by Colton Truck Terminal was done correctly. Engine runs at 180 deg and just purrs going down the road at 63mph at 1800 rpm. Real nice ride on air...

Well that's it for now... 😜

Old 05-11-2015, 06:23 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBilly View Post
no more propane crap technology...
I have a 1997 CC 36' Intrigue with the Dometic 3863 3-way fridge. When I first purchased it last fall the propane side of the fridge was intermittent. It would run fine and cool fine for a few hours and then the flame would go out and it would not re-light. I replaced the controller board with a "Dinosaur Board" for about $100.00 and it now works great....making ice cubes with propane!

Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #40

Uncle Billy,
You may think about getting a nav system that is tailored for motorhomes. They will avoid traps like you got into, and several models are available. Camping World is one source.
Motorhead, those refrigerators seem to go on forever. We replaced our control board a couple of years ago, and it works just fine now at 21+ years old.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #41

I believe the white part of the 1996 Intrigue is gelcoat covered by clear coat.

The blue part of your rig is likely automotive 2 part paint covered by clear coat.

My rig is similar.

The white part will peel first because clear coat over gel coat is not supposed to work well according to the boating people. (18 years is not too bad for a result if rig has spent a lot of time in the sun!)

I have removed all the peeling gel coat from the white part of my rig on the driver side and rear cap using a razor blade and a bit of 400 grit sandpaper. The roof cap edges were done with an electric orbital sander and 400 grit. Try very hard not to remove the thin gelcoat. The old clear coat magically breaks along the white interface with the paint areas.

Your options then are two:

Do the Zep Wet Look floor wax treatment. (Search the internet)
-or-
Apply paint primer, color matched white base coat, and three coats of Clear Coat.

Either will achieve the same appearance result. The texture of the floor wax will feel rougher.

If you have peeling clear coat on the blue painted area of your rig, you will have to remove the clear coat, perhaps apply a primer, and then apply new base coat and clear coat. Blending a paint repair within a panel is best left to a pro.

I had the brow of my rig (windshield to horn trumpets) done by a pro with primer, base coat, and clear coat 11 years ago. That cost $1,000. It is still in good shape today.

The automotive paint cost about $5 per ounce. Clear Coat is cheaper.

I have applied all the above repairs on my rig in my driveway at one time or another.

A full repaint would be above $20,000.

I repainted my green front bumper 2 years ago for about $90 (mostly materials). The mobile pro estimated $800 for the same job.

I am near completion of applying primer, base coat and clear coat to the roof cap edges and moulding in my driveway. Daily wind is hampering my efforts.

Color matching the white is difficult for an amateur. At least that is my excuse.

At 70+ years of age, my body protests the constant up and down on the ladder also.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #42

FWIW. I have a 1996 Magna with peeling clear coat. I used the Zip floor wax option. Bought the wax at Lowes. I applied three coats last summer and it still looks good. Unless you are up close you cannot tell where the clear coat ends and the zip wax begins.
Magna #5342
Sailor Fred is offline   Reply With Quote