Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #1

Mid to Late 90's CC Owners - DIYers & Knowledge Experts?

Greetings,

I was hoping that a fellow CC owner of a mid to late 90s CC would be willing to speak or email me directly. I own a 1997 CC Allure and am not that familiar with the systems. I'm an engineer and have always worked with my hands and enjoy learning to repair & upgrade about anything I own.

Diesel RVs and CCs are completely new to me. So I'm starting from scratch and would greatly appreciate anyone who would be willing to offer some time via email or short phone conversations. My coach is in very good shape and I'm trying to restore & upgrade the unit over the next 2 years.

Most my questions right now relate to the electrical & charging system and air leveling system.

If anyone is knowledgeable on these older CCs and willing to provide some insight here & there, please send me a PM. Greatly appreciated.

I hope to be able to share my learned knowledge in the future and give back to the community.

D
customfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2014, 07:06 AM   #2

I sent you a PM
jeepersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #3

Wish I could help. I'm in the same boat. Just purchased our 98 Magna a month or so ago.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
I have owned a 1995 CC Magna for nearly 13 years and for the past 8 years do most everything myself or learn the process before hiring others.

Most of my repair and servicing knowledge has come from forums like this one when using the search function. Such searches have helped me solve problems with diverse things as diesel chassis repair, jeep sunroofs, how to diagnose and repair air conditioning systems, how to do automotive painting, exhaust manifold repairs, tablet charger repair, etc.

I am willing to share the experience and do so via this forum among others. But, I am not the best final resource. The combined efforts of many owners is powerful on this forum.

Private messaging is ok, but deprives future readers of this forum researching the information and resolution process, so I prefer using the forum to communicate.

If you have the CC manuals you are way ahead of many motorhome owners in information resources. I find the wiring schematics and lists to be indispensable to my repair efforts.

All that said, I will send you a PM.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #5

If you can afford to drive your coach to Junction City OR, Country Coach will do a PDI of your coach for $200.00. Ours took over one day, top to bottom, front to back, and they noted everything from a stripped screw in the shower handle to a leaking front hub seal. The best customer service I have ever experienced from ALL of the employees we dealt with.

Kevin was the service coordinator
Mike was the tech
Eric was the chassis/alignment tech

The BEST $200.00 I ever spent.

Bruce

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #6

If anyone needs advice I'm always happy to help if I can. Just PM me. I've had my 98 Intrigue for 5 yrs now.
jeepersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Same boat here as well - also an engineer who thinks he can fix anything or die trying. I too get a lot of good information from reading all the CC owners posts, and have thoroughly perused all my owner's manuals and chassis documentation too. There's no way to gather it all until you make some trips and have some problems to conquer. I'm lucky, in that everything on my rig works well, but only understand my air and electrical systems as far as I've read in the owner's manuals.

Some of the newer model CCs have issues that our older era CCs never will, and vice versa. I recommend to the forum moderators to make this thread a new sticky or sub-forum because there are major differences in 90's era CCs, particularly before Country Coach Corp moved to electronic-controlled engines, IFS, multiple slides, and other dodads. I'd hoped the Yahoo CC owner's forum would take that on but the legacy format of that forum will not work at all.

ltcolmac17
'98 Country Coach Allure - 36' GR slide
ltcolmac17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #8

Actually, our 1995 Affinity has a electronic-controlled engine!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #9

Thanks you all and very good points. Man, I would love to have a CC inspection in OR to have a formal "fix it" list. But I'm stuck here in Texas until at least next summer.

I want to thank for the PMs and willingness to help.

My point isn't to deprive others. I simply am trying to take certain questions off line for quicker responses or maybe more ellaboration.

I will continue to post my questions as thread. If I get an answer off-line, I will do my very best to summarize the issue as a thread for the benefit of others.

And yes, I do use the search function quite well and tend to research a topic for dozens of hours before asking.
customfab is offline   Reply With Quote