Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #1

muffler burned out

I need to replace my muffler on my 2000 country coach Intrige model. 350 cummins. where do i find a replacement? Thanks for any help.
benchrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Price one from Country Coach and get a part number that you can use to interchange at any auto parts store that also sells truck parts like NAPA. If no number they will need to know if the inlet and outlet exhaust pipes are 4" or 5" diameter, diameter and shape (round or oval) of the muffler , and how long. There is a raised number stamped in the body of your old muffler that if readable will help them with brand interchange. Good luck.
timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #3

KZ RV Club
Try calling Oregon MotorCoach Center (541) 762-1505. Or I could just yell out my window at them for you since we're "camping" in their parking lot.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #4

I got mine from my local auto parts store that has a truck department. There are only so many standard configurations. Yours is probably one of them. Just take your measurements and go to your NAPA store or a place that sells truck parts. Or pull the old one off and take it with you.
Greg
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Some folks are removing the muffler entirely or installing a performance muffler.

Parleys Diesel Performance: Aero Exhaust Resonated Turbine XL Series Performance Muffler AT5050XL

Of course, either way you must complete the flow of exhaust with new plumbing to exit the underside of the coach.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #6

Pleased with the Aero. Stainless, so should be one time replacement! Opened up the breathing on the back in some - and no, I don't know how much as I did not do a before/after dyno test! It is a bit louder, we don't hear it when going down the highway, but notice it in tunnels and alongside walls like besides on ramps.
Best of luck,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #7

Country Coach helped me

I called Country Coach and a guy there named Kevin found a Muffler for me. Thanks for all the replys Benchrest
benchrest is offline   Reply With Quote