Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:24 PM   #29

Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Something I will tell you about is a different RV fridge made by Dometic, and Norcold and at least one other company.

THe Dometic and Norcold models are DESIGNED for RV use however

Both of these (I hope to find a link to at least one) are Compressor Driven, Just like your Residential model, ONly the power draw is a tad lower.. Like 40 watts. not 40 lower, but 40 PERIOD (Door closed) I'm always amazed that I have to type "Door closed" cause the dang light upps the power draw by 50% (it's 20 watts).

I do not know if the link is still good but if my Absorption Fridge ever fails I'm going to seriously consider one of these.

Found the Dometic Catalog http://www.dometic.com/QBankFiles3/E...alog_32016.pdf

Try page 16

Thanks, I would have looked hard at this, but interestingly I can't find these online for sale, I wonder if they are producing them.

"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans. Acme Eze tow dolly with surge brake.
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #30
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well it was the 2016 Catalog.. Contact them, though last I knew Doemtic did not actually do Customer support. they will give you the name of a local dealer..

Note: I think the reason you can't find 'em is that they are not as well known,, I know about them cause I searched, and I had to search again to find that one... But most do not know about them and thus do not think of them.. So dealers don't have them less they are super dealers.. But all dealers can special order.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #31
Originally Posted by bobioknight View Post
Thanks, I would have looked hard at this, but interestingly I can't find these online for sale, I wonder if they are producing them.
Look for Marine refrigerators.

Many 12 volt units. All use the Danfoss 35 or 50 variable speed compressors.

twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote

dometic, rally, refrigerator