Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:25 PM   #1

Need advice

I bought a 2005 magna Rembrandt about 8months ago and a extended warranty to hedge my bet , had some hydro hot issues and rebuilt it all myself works great now ! But also just had some generator issues took my coach to Cummings and got a quote for repairs $2200.00 called it into my intended warranty place and my contract number does not exist !

I then called the dealer and ask they had no answer for me , but said they would figure it out ! Been four days and no call back ,I have a receipt for everything and how much I payed for it . How hard could it be for them? So now my coach is down and the extended warranty doesn't seem to have been payed for by the dealer how do I get it covered ? BY THE DEALER I am guessing ! Any advice would be great .

Randy.
2005 CC Magna Rembrandt
EauClaire Wi

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2015, 11:27 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, the dealer probably took your money you paid and "forgot" to send the contract and money in. Dealer will be your only recourse.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #3

Yeah that's what I think also ! But how hard is it to just say so and fix the issue , this is a dealer that is in several states , kind of a beginners mistake !! I think they should make my warranty start now and cover the repairs ?
Old 07-13-2015, 11:40 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep, but they'll probably just refund your money and call it good. If they try that you may need to get your states' AG's office involved, especially if you have the paperwork that you paid for the contract and the dealer didn't perform their contractual duty. That's against the law and I don't think they want to get involved with that!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:20 AM   #5

What Warranty company was it supposed to be? I'd look for another way of reaching them, and asking them if they had any info on you, and or the dealer.

Most Warranty companies want to do an inspection of the coach, prior to signing up, they'll exclude any 'existing conditions'. Some, have relationships with dealers, where as the dealer is validating all is up to snuff prior to the warranty being applied.

Best of luck to you on this one!
Smitty
Old 07-14-2015, 09:31 PM   #6
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Yep, but they'll probably just refund your money and call it good. If they try that you may need to get your states' AG's office involved, especially if you have the paperwork that you paid for the contract and the dealer didn't perform their contractual duty. That's against the law and I don't think they want to get involved with that!
Something similar happened to me too! I bought my coach from Buddy Gregg with a supposedly Extended Warranty by Cornerstone. Recently, I thought I had an item that could have been covered so I called Cornerstone. They couldn't find my policy on file. Called Buddy Gregg. They told me ."...Ya, I tried to call you that Cornerstone turned the policy down as the coach had 68K mi...". So, after three weeks including several phone calls and emails, I finally got my refund check back. Actually, it turned out better than I had planned as I I was going to cancel it. I have spent over $20K to get the coach in the shape I want and almost all of the repairs/updates wouldn't have been covered by my Extended Service policy.
Here is another reason to stay away from Buddy Gregg - not I call customer friendly attitude/policy!!
Old 07-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #7
KIX

Randy............you may want to call your State Insurance Office and ask if an Extended Warranty is considered insurance in WI. It is in FL. You may have pretty easy recourse if it's considered insurance.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:35 PM   #8

The dealer was Paul Everts Rv and the police was purchased from them , the warranty company was Preserve about $7k I think . I called P.E yesterday and ask what's going on they didn't have an answer for me as of yet, I am starting to get upset .
Old 07-16-2015, 10:22 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Randy,
Get a spiral bound notebook and DOCUMENT this saga. Start at the beginning with a BRIEF statement of the facts. Then, recreate EVERY phone call or contact with the who, what when, where, and how to the best of your ability. From this point on, log each contact with BRIEF details. Leave emotion and hurt feelings out of it... as Sgt. Friday said, "Just the facts, Mam."

You want to create a very precise and detailed account of your "good faith efforts" to resolve the issue. Confirmation Emails to each party with whom you speak, with Cc to all parties and the State Consumer Affairs Bureau and local Chamber of Commerce will add an incredible amount of pressure on the underwriter and dealer.

Obviously, never surrender any original documents... If they say they need originals, tell them that your will provide "Notarized" copies AT THEIR EXPENSE.

Your "journal", if written very BRIEFLY will be very valuable if you find yourself in an arbitration hearing or small claims court.

Good Luck to you... Don't let this discourage you from the RV lifestyle, pal.

Good man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice