Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #1

need help with inverters on 2000 cc affinity

we just bought a 2000 c/c affinity bed and breakfast model. apparently someone has stolen the 2 freedom 25 inverters and heart 2000 interface controllers. i have located replacements but would like some pics of how they mount and where the big battery cables run and connect as they also took them and the large inline fuse. i can get a wire diagram but it doesn't show how anything is run or connected. interface looks to be a plug and play. if someone could snap a couple of photos of the inverter layout i believe it would save a bunch of headache. and as much as inverters are, i'd sure hate to wire it wrong. thanx...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #2

rastiss,

I have a similar setup. I did replace a 2,000 a couple years ago with a Xantrex when the 2,000 went out. I was told you could not buy the 2,000s any more. The inverters are down in an area off the second bay. Why don't you just put the new ones where the old ones used to be? My controlers are in the area of the control panel up in the front. Again the new ones should just bolt where the old ones were.

B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #3

There are no mounting holes. Don't know if they were mounted on a shelf? My problem is I dont have any idea where the 4/0 cables ran to. The romex wires are labeled, two in, two out, and transfer... The phone type cable is there. Needing to know where the large cables ran and where they connected and where they ground. It's not as easy as just replacing one that went bad...
Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #4

Sounds like you should call Country Coach up in Junction City. My controller panels are mounted just to the left of the tank indicators. Down below the inverters are in a closet with other electrical stuff. As far as where the wires are. I have no idea. I don't do that type of work I have it done.

Call Gary up at CC. If you give him the number of your coach he can likely tell you where the parts were originally mounted.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #5

Anyone on here have a 2000 affinity?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #6

I have installed inverter systems from scratch and maybe I can shed some light. Could you post some pictures of what you have now. It gets a little more complicated with the pair of units as opposed to just one. Joe