Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #1

New 2016 Allure Floor Plan

Got a promotional email from CC, saying the first prototype Allure will be done and ready for testing in late spring. The floor plan is set:

because of the big rear bathroom, the living room is really squeezed. The kitchen range is right behind the driver seat. What do you think about this layout?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2015, 08:46 PM   #2

Well I'll be the first. I think it $ucks. How many years in the making and this is what they came up with.

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #3

i thought the way mike... maybe i'm slow or behind our time... still prefer the big open living room (just like buying a house i would prefer one with a big open area and a vaulted ceiling).
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
You guys are right but there isn't much you can do with a 450sqft box.

The rear bath takes up to much room and just look where the TV is located. It would be a neck breaker from the couch.

Back in the old days, at one of the factory rallies, some of the women cornered the big wigs at CC and laid on a bunch of "why" questions such as why is there only one towel rack and it is in the shower! The big wigs had a good answer: You don't know anything about designing a coach.

There will be a few that will go ga ga over it but I'll keep old faithful
Old 01-30-2015, 10:25 PM   #5

Im not a fan of the rear bath but they do seem popular and coaches seem to sell quicker with the bath and a half. I saw an allure at premier one time with the forward kitchen and it actually seemed cozy so it might go over ok. I hope people like it and country coach can get to building.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:25 AM   #6

This is the same floor plan as the 45-foot Allure previously built by CC. Makes sense to use an existing floor plan for the prototype. Owners of the 45-foot Allure will recognize their coach's layout.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:54 AM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm betting the DW would like it!! She wanted one like that but possibly has settled for a '09 Magna
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:03 AM   #8

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Since this is CC, you can customize quite a bit once they start production. I do like the bath and a half floor plan, but not the front kitchen. We prefer the mid kitchen so that the cockpit seats can be a part of the lounge. I would also prefer the corner TV/Fireplace you have all most likely seen. I also like the new layout with the counter on the road side and the dinette on the curb side with a nice size window.

Of course, unless we pick the right six numbers, these are just dreams for us. These coaches when new will be priced outside our ability to purchase them.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:59 AM   #9

"Of course, unless we pick the right six numbers, these are just dreams for us. These coaches when new will be priced outside our ability to purchase them."

Same here. In the beginning, the new coach was going to be in the 400K range but now rumor has it the range will be 7-800K. Time will tell.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:12 AM   #10

While this is not my cup of tea, I wish CC all the best luck as they start back up. If the cost numbers mentioned above are accurate, I feel CC is targeting the coach to high up in the pecking order of other coaches. I feel they should target the Allure to where it had been slotted in the lineup of coaches before. IMO, the strength of the Allure was the bottom rung of the top coaches of CC (Allure, Intrigue, Magna) (Left Affinity, and other one off models, as they were not built in every year.) The Allure was a great quality coach, with solid content, and at a very good bang for the buck...

I personally feel CC would be better served, to sell more coaches at a lower price point, and to get started. Move on to the Intrigue, Magna, Affinity lines as CC's assets and resources allow.

Again, best to CC, and all,
Smitty
Old 01-31-2015, 12:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
While this is not my cup of tea, I wish CC all the best luck as they start back up. If the cost numbers mentioned above are accurate, I feel CC is targeting the coach to high up in the pecking order of other coaches. I feel they should target the Allure to where it had been slotted in the lineup of coaches before. IMO, the strength of the Allure was the bottom rung of the top coaches of CC (Allure, Intrigue, Magna) (Left Affinity, and other one off models, as they were not built in every year.) The Allure was a great quality coach, with solid content, and at a very good bang for the buck...

I personally feel CC would be better served, to sell more coaches at a lower price point, and to get started. Move on to the Intrigue, Magna, Affinity lines as CC's assets and resources allow.

Again, best to CC, and all,
Smitty

I totally agree.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:03 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
I am also rooting for CC to get back in the saddle but I don't particularly like the floor plan of the prototype Allure. I understand the rear bath (bath and a half) is popular these days but, like some of you, we prefer more room in the living area. Neither me or DW like any floor plan that puts the galley right behind the front seats.

Regardless of floor plan, I also agree that if they price the coach too high, they will have problems. I believe they should be targeting folks who are considering the Cornerstone, Essex or London Aire, American Tradition or Eagle, Allegro Bus. They need to stay with MSRP around $600K.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:09 PM   #13

I got the same email. There are 4 layouts in the email.

It also says that the coach pictured above is funded by Ron Lee and will be owned by him. So this must be the layout he likes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125206...n/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125206...n/photostream/

The email also said that this is Ron Lee's personal coach and so the layout must be what he wants.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:29 PM   #14

I like the "new" floor plan. We're full-timers but I still work full time so the office would be nice for me and my wife could have her dinette back. I like the bath and half too.