Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #1

New CC Allure with ISX500

I was pleased to see the CC newsletter, with the pictures of the ISX500 going into the chassis.

I was surprised with them calling this model the Allure. I always considered the Allure to be the entry level of the top three CC's (Intrigue/Magna/Affinity) (And yes, the specialty unique models too, Lexa and a such.). CC used to keep from losing sales of the higher costing next level Intrigue by not offering anything above the ISL or C9 (Depending upon year, and yes ISC in early years) engines. You had to anti up to the Intrigue on up, to have an option for a BIG BLOCK engine.

Any thoughts on why the ISX500? Is the ISM no longer available? I do understand the wanting more then the ISL in this big of coach with tag, but then again surprised that they are calling it the Allure. The Intrigue seems to be a better fit for such a large coach and engine combo?

And current 45' Allure owners with the ISL's, not knocking these in anyway. I really like our older 40' Tag Allure with the ISL370, IMO somewhat underpowered. But I know the newer ISL's had higher HP to go with those 45' - but torque was the same. Suspect the power to weight ratios are about the same as mine. (Now bumped to ISL400).

But anyway you look at it, nice to see pictures of progress on the new coach. Spring drive? Sure hope so, and sure hope it was Spring of 2015, not 2016!

Best to all,
Smitty

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #2

I suspect they picked the 45 foot Allure as a demonstration coach due to the lower price point. With the 500 Hp engine in the production Allures, they had pretty much moved into the Intrigue line anyway. From the floor plan they show for the new coach, it is identical to the 2008-2010 Allure. I believe the popularity of the bath-and-a-half layout was another reason they went this way. I have never seen a floor plan of a bath-and-a-half Intrigue--don't think they made one. A Magna or Affinity would probably retail for close to $1M, which would limit volume, although once they can get into production mode, I believe a Magna will be the next model. We're planning a trip up to the factory in June, so hope to see a new completed coach by then! Unfortunately, they won't be in our price range.:(

Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #3

Wonder if they get to the point of producing more units (and models) if this might shake free some previously owned models as people look to buy new?

Ex-Navy/retired Coast Guard CWO w/ 34 Years Total Service. Goal: 2016 - Sell our house and begin full-timing. January 2019 - Retire for good from my job and hit the road.
LJSteinmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #4

We will be headed up that way this spring too. Hope to see the new coach (s). I would not be shocked at all to see the production coaches be offered with hybrid drive. I am sure that is something Ron Lee is wanting to do.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSteinmetz View Post
Wonder if they get to the point of producing more units (and models) if this might shake free some previously owned models as people look to buy new?
Well, Larry, We're kind of banking on that!
Old 11-07-2014, 07:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
I was pleased to see the CC newsletter, with the pictures of the ISX500 going into the chassis.

I was surprised with them calling this model the Allure. I always considered the Allure to be the entry level of the top three CC's (Intrigue/Magna/Affinity) (And yes, the specialty unique models too, Lexa and a such.). CC used to keep from losing sales of the higher costing next level Intrigue by not offering anything above the ISL or C9 (Depending upon year, and yes ISC in early years) engines. You had to anti up to the Intrigue on up, to have an option for a BIG BLOCK engine.

Any thoughts on why the ISX500? Is the ISM no longer available? I do understand the wanting more then the ISL in this big of coach with tag, but then again surprised that they are calling it the Allure. The Intrigue seems to be a better fit for such a large coach and engine combo?

And current 45' Allure owners with the ISL's, not knocking these in anyway. I really like our older 40' Tag Allure with the ISL370, IMO somewhat underpowered. But I know the newer ISL's had higher HP to go with those 45' - but torque was the same. Suspect the power to weight ratios are about the same as mine. (Now bumped to ISL400).

But anyway you look at it, nice to see pictures of progress on the new coach. Spring drive? Sure hope so, and sure hope it was Spring of 2015, not 2016!

Best to all,

Smitty

The coach builders use to have a fairly wide spread of Diesel engines available and they used the drive train to build model separation. The availability is way down.

1. Cat is out of the OTR market.
2. Navistar was seriously wounded and currently only the small MF7 is in motorhome use.
3. Cummins is not selling the ISC to coach builders currently. The ISL is the only power plant between the ISB and the ISX12. The popular and über reliable ISM is out of production.

A major problem CC has and will continue to have is the fact that the engine builders tier there price to favor the chassis only builders like Freightliner and Spartan. They consider motorhomes to be a small market and use this to cut their marketing costs.

I suspect this will mean that the 2 ISX engines will be used in most coaches with a GCWR in the 45-55,000 pound range.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
The coach builders use to have a fairly wide spread of Diesel engines available and they used the drive train to build model separation. The availability is way down.

1. Cat is out of the OTR market.
2. Navistar was seriously wounded and currently only the small MF7 is in motorhome use.
3. Cummins is not selling the ISC to coach builders currently. The ISL is the only power plant between the ISB and the ISX12. The popular and über reliable ISM is out of production.

A major problem CC has and will continue to have is the fact that the engine builders tier there price to favor the chassis only builders like Freightliner and Spartan. They consider motorhomes to be a small market and use this to cut their marketing costs.

I suspect this will mean that the 2 ISX engines will be used in most coaches with a GCWR in the 45-55,000 pound range.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Thanks Steve - Knew about the ISC no longer being available, if I had heard about the ISM - I'd forgotten it...

I'll do some surfing on Detroit Diesel and their availability in the current generation of RV's.

Interesting on the potential price penalty of the non main chassis builders. That would impact Tiffen (on those with their own homegrown new chassis) and Foretravel along with the rebirth of CC. And yes, the ISX does come in many configurations.

CC is a big series of buildings, and when visiting in August, we only got in the main building where the offices, resale rigs, and about 2/3 of the work area was for repair. Know they have other buildings, and the paint booths area too. But, I sure did not see many cars in the parking lot. With them building the Chinook Class B (if they still are), and starting up a new Allure, I would have expected more cars. But, as pointed out by others, this prototype could be targeted to bring in more investment funds to allow ramping up construction.

Sure looking forward to CC being back in new coach assembly, and wish them well...

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 11-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
'CC is a big series of buildings, and when visiting in August, we only got in the main building where the offices, resale rigs, and about 2/3 of the work area was for repair. Know they have other buildings, and the paint booths area too. But, I sure did not see many cars in the parking lot. With them building the Chinook Class B (if they still are), and starting up a new Allure, I would have expected more cars. But, as pointed out by others, this prototype could be targeted to bring in more investment funds to allow ramping up construction.'

Smitty, when we were there in July, I thought the placed looked sad overall. Empty buildings, grass growing in the parking lots, moss on the fiberglass molds laying in the yard. A local barber told me when CC was full bore, they were using buildings occupying 8 city blocks. As you noted, not many cars around the main building but I did see several near the buildings more near the 'downtown' area. They could have been occupied by folks other than CC, of course.

I did see two guys working in the fiberglass shop behind the main service building on a couple of days. Even though I never saw anyone at the chassis shop, they use it because they took my coach back there to install the MCU's.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #9

Where can I see these pics of the new Allure chassis
jeepersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepersrus View Post
Where can I see these pics of the new Allure chassis
Go to Country Coach's Facebook page.