Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2015, 12:08 PM   #29

Others have mentioned that high end models are not selling. While at the Tamp RV show the Entegra and a couple of other high end coaches had "sold" signs on them. That might have been a smoke screen but who knows. As to the group of people looking at higher end coaches - they will purchase what they want - cost may be a 2nd consideration. There really are few mid level high end coaches ($350K to $600k) out there. I suspect the only coach I would look at right now is the new Foretravel. That certainly falls in the space between the current Winnebago and the Prevost which is where I would need to be. I really hope Winny gets its act together and does continue the CC line, quality, service etc.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #30

Story that makes the most sense to me is that Winnebago is having a real hard time finding new employees. Apparently they've hired everyone in sight. Winnebago has 3200 employees +/- and the two counties (Winnebago and Hancock) they reside in have a total population of 4267 as of CY2000. Logical move would be to move their diesel pusher manufacturing to the old Country Coach digs. Sounds more logical to me than trying to reflate the Country Coach brand. If the premise is accurate then Winnebago will be so busy moving their DP production, and getting it up and running, that I doubt they'll spend time on adding to their lineup. I hope I'm wrong but I think the fat lady is warming up!
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #31

Country Coach Owners Club
My thoughts on this recent move by Mr. Lee are mixed. I don't for one minute believe this sale was not in the works for a long time. Too many indicators were showing for people not to think something was up. The new 2016 Allure comes off the line late Summer and Mr. Lee assures everyone he built it to his personal liking. Suddenly the consignment sales are being shut down to make room for ramping up production. Yet through all this hub-bub there is never any new orders reported. Then we are told that Country Coach has been sold to the Winnebago people. And we are also told that they will continue the Country Coach brand - but why would they? Why would they build from scratch the DynoMax chassis when they can use a Freightliner or Spartan. Why would they build to the quality of a Country Coach when they can get by for less? Simple answer is, they won't. Although I hope I'm wrong about this, I fear the Country Coach we all know and love is destined to join all the other Coach makers of the past.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #32

I cannot believe for a minute they will keep the DynoMax chassis, that would be to much trouble. Anyway, you can make the Freightliner or Spartan chassis acceptable - if they want to. Either would cost more money so I doubt that will happen. My thoughts on Winny interiors is not bad, just less than they could be. If Winny wanted to continue the interior quality I do not really think that would be a problem. Now, lets talk sales price and return on investment.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #33

I'm not to sure what is going on but I do know the Winnie Grand Tour and Ellipse Ultra start at about $430k. Now to me if the CC brand is a going to be upscale of the Winnie the Allure is going to be in the 500k start range. I then look at Mr. Lees Allure and I would rather have the Ellipise. I think that no matter what happens the CC of old is gone.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #34

I'll remain with my first post in this thread, optimistic for Junction City - and hopeful for CC!

But being the glass is half full... If CC does not start back up, well, we'll just have rolling and appreciating 'rolling classics'!

Fingers crossed!!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #35

I think we have seen the end of CC as we know it.

Thank goodness we still have Oregon Motorcoach and excellent techs like Bob Vinson ans Kevin Waite. Lots of CC experience from "the old days" and good people to work with.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:26 PM   #36

Wow, you guys are a bunch of pessimists. Why not read Ron's letter carefully and see what he says about the CC line being made again. As far as this being a long time plan, who knows and what does it matter? Winnebago has done some good things in fuel efficient motorhomes and also introducing a reproduction with improvements of their first big success in class A's 40+ years ago. I would look for innovations from WGO not reductions in quality or value. They need coaches that top their current tour line, and CC is a perfect fit. Plus they get a great place and factory to make rigs in Junction City.

I would suspect that if the new Country Coaches are built in JC that the traditional high quality will stand.

As far as getting rid of Dynomax chassis. Boy would that be dumb. A key element for a great motorhome is to have a semimonocoque chassis that was designed for it. You will NEVER get as good a rig by bolting a house on top of a rail frame as you do when you have a steel cage forming a rigid single structure house and chassis.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #37

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I think we have seen the end of CC as we know it.

Thank goodness we still have Oregon Motorcoach and excellent techs like Bob Vinson ans Kevin Waite. Lots of CC experience from "the old days" and good people to work with.
Yes, I agree because it appears the CC service is going to be skimpy at best. I placed a call to service at CC, Junction City, a few days ago. I asked if they were going to continue servicing our rigs there and she replied, "yes, would you like to make an appointment?" I told her I would so she transferred my call to the service department where it immediately went to voice mail, I left my contact info along with my coach number and I still haven't received a call from them. Not a good sign!
Old 12-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #38

"I left my contact info along with my coach number and I still haven't received a call from them. Not a good sign!"

I think you will hear from them
Old 12-05-2015, 02:48 PM   #39

I think the market for CC and upper end coaches will be coming into play over the next ten years, think of all the people retiring coming up. The dream to have a coach and travel.

It would be smart to keep the line alive, the motor home business can't be that bad if they just bought the land and buildings. They did not have to by CC name and all that goes with it think about it if they only wanted the land while hassle with all that goes with the name.

We will see
Old 12-06-2015, 03:42 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
I think the market for CC and upper end coaches will be coming into play over the next ten years, think of all the people retiring coming up. The dream to have a coach and travel.

It would be smart to keep the line alive, the motor home business can't be that bad if they just bought the land and buildings. They did not have to by CC name and all that goes with it think about it if they only wanted the land while hassle with all that goes with the name.

We will see
It's all a plan to sell the Property, which has been for sale for a long time. Could be the only way was to sell the name too. This does not mean there ever will be a return of CC as we all knew it. As Thomas Wolfe said.....you can't go home again.
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #41

I know Ron reads this board and unless he signed a non disclosure please share what you believe they will do with CC now that you are a CC coach owner and will need parts and service for your new coach?

Also it is weird timing that his brother just sold his repair shop?

Old 12-06-2015, 09:35 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
I know Ron reads this board and unless he signed a non disclosure please share what you believe they will do with CC now that you are a CC coach owner and will need parts and service for your new coach?

Also it is weird timing that his brother just sold his repair shop?

I am not sure of Rons age or his brother..........but if I had to guess, it is past time for retirement.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f57/big-c...ch-272000.html

Tags
winnebago