Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:58 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I am not sure of Rons age or his brother..........but if I had to guess, it is past time for retirement.

I agree they have both did a great thing for JC and all of us owners, it's time they have some fun retire post on the board to keep in touch.

Ron if you want to sell the 2016 Allure let me know I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Ssgritton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
I agree they have both did a great thing for JC and all of us owners, it's time they have some fun retire post on the board to keep in touch.

Ron if you want to sell the 2016 Allure let me know I would buy it in a heartbeat.
In light of what happened this week..............what do you think that particular Coach would be worth
The last of its kind so to speak

Old 12-06-2015, 11:12 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
In light of what happened this week..............what do you think that particular Coach would be worth
The last of its kind so to speak

That would be my thoughts a one only, if you are a CC fan most likely a million plus to say you have the last of a kind made for the Owner.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #46

Country Coach Owners Club
Bob Lee's physical and mental condition is not good and he is pretty much bound to a wheel chair. He will not be doing any RV traveling
Old 12-06-2015, 05:22 PM   #47

Sorry to hear that I did not know that. I wish him and his family the best. Again they did great things for JC we are proud of them for what they accomplished.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:15 PM   #48

I'm guessing that Winnebago is smart enough to know that just buying a name, and not adopting the positives that made that name desirable won't fool anyone for long( American Coach-Monaco). Seems to make more sense to follow the lead of Jayco and how they handled Travel Supreme, and make an already great coach better.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:45 PM   #49

Tiffin Owners Club
Here's a press release from Winnebago that might be of interest Winnebago Class A diesel production transitions to West Coast | RV Daily Report | Breaking RV Industry News and Campground Information

Regarding their stated plans for Country Coach, here's a partial quote from the release (bold portion is mine):

“This purchase is part of Winnebago’s ongoing strategy to further solidify the company as a leader in the RV industry for years to come,” Degnan continued. “As part of the facility purchase, Winnebago also acquired the intellectual property rights associated with Country Coach and we intend to revive that brand as part of the planned use of the new facility.

In addition, Winnebago entered into an agreement on Nov. 18, with the Lee Joint Trust to purchase property adjacent to the facility mentioned above. This property was also part of the Country Coach operation in the past. Scott Folkers, vice president and general counsel said, “We have begun our due diligence evaluation of the property and hope to have that completed in the near future. We anticipate using this property to provide ongoing customer service to Country Coach owners, as well as providing service to Winnebago owners.”
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:48 PM   #50

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
It's all a plan to sell the Property, which has been for sale for a long time. Could be the only way was to sell the name too. This does not mean there ever will be a return of CC as we all knew it. As Thomas Wolfe said.....you can't go home again.
A long time? It was on the market about or just less than a year from the announcements I saw.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:09 AM   #51

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just looking at the CC Facebook page and found that Ron gave the price point of the 2016 Allure at $725,000 to $740,000. I wonder if the market can sustain that?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:30 AM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Just looking at the CC Facebook page and found that Ron gave the price point of the 2016 Allure at $725,000 to $740,000. I wonder if the market can sustain that?
He could have done that for Winnebago's benefit. Let them establish something lower and they look like the good guys.

I'd be willing to bet Mr. Lee was given some stock options by Winnebago as part of the deal.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:11 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
A long time? It was on the market about or just less than a year from the announcements I saw.
Not everything is " official announcement " . I would not want to name names, but what I said was public knowledge for several years.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:14 AM   #54

Was at the Country Coach plant back in May and asked one of the parts guys how much the new Allure was going to cost. He told me that the one being built was over 1.2 million and that Mr. Lee was paying for it personally. As for any new models, they (Allure) would cost (base est.) upwards of 750-800K. Country Coach just needed to get the vendors back in place and start ordering in quantity which would hopefully bring the price point down. Of course this is all hearsay, but it does sound reasonable.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #55

I think Winny bought a bunch of buildings, and a lot of old technological intellectual property for equipment and innovations that have not kept up with recent advancements in coach design. What they are hoping for is that they can hire a bunch of people who use to work for CC, most all of whom have found other ways to make a living if they are still in the area. Almost everything that was in those buildings was gutted and sold for scrap. But I think they still have some very large paint booths. It will be interesting to see what rises out of the ashes of the former CC.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #56

Still a standard leader and role model.

After just viewing $600 to 900K Tiffins and Newmars at a Fort Myers, FL dealership, I am convinced that the fit, finish, and quality of my 2004 Intrigue 42 Ovation is unrivaled. I expect management at Winnebago has observed the same thing. Add to that the security situation of foreign and domestic travel in the world we all live in and you have a significant market for quality luxurious RV purchases by the current generation of retirees and families with travel on their agenda. Country Coach has a proud tradition in that market segment, and will be embraced by those exploring the new and used RV marketplace. Junction City will again become synonymous with superb DP production through the courage and vision of Winnebago coupled with the pride and legacy of the population living there. IMHO. Happy New Year!

Tags
winnebago