Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #1

New owner with questions

We are in our second week in our 2005 inspire. We have approximately 500 miles under our belt now, and we've been parked here in an rv park for the last five days.

All in all everything has been operating great. Driving is a dream. If you followed my previous thread on making our prepurchase inspection then you know I had no time in a dp , but quite a bit in trailers both behind pickups, med. Duty, and over the road tractors. Wow this thing drives like our old 95 caddie we used to own.

I have two issues I need help on.

1st I notice while we've been hooked up to city water here, the potable water tank has slowly taken on water. Maybe 1/3 of a tank in 5 days?

2nd . in the shower the showerhead adjusts up and down on a bar. but will not rotate, although it looks to me that it should. I thought there might be a screw to loosen but I don't see one. Basically the oxygenics showerhead aims straight down and I want it to aim somewhere out so it sprays on me and not my feet.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2016, 05:14 PM   #2

Here is a picture of the Shower head. I want to adjust the item on the left where the shower head is mounted. I am a bit timid to just try and reef on it for fear of braking something. Any Ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-IMG_20160214_073235.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	119050  

Old 02-14-2016, 06:03 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Filling the water tank while hooked to city water sometimes happens when the water pump leaks high pressure back through the pump into the suction (low) pressure side. Can be fixed with a simple inline check valve from SureFlo or similar. Link here.

The angle up/down on the shower head holder may have a screw to loosen - try removing the shower head and looking inside the holder.

Hope this helps,
Brian

EDIT: Picture of my shower head adjustment screw.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1661.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	119059  
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
Filling the water tank while hooked to city water sometimes happens when the water pump leaks high pressure back through the pump into the suction (low) pressure side. Can be fixed with a simple inline check valve from SureFlo or similar. Link here.

The angle up/down on the shower head holder may have a screw to loosen - try removing the shower head and looking inside the holder.

Hope this helps,
Brian

EDIT: Picture of my shower head adjustment screw.
Thanks Brian. I can see the screw head plainly in your picture. Mine has some sort of beauty cover over the screw head. I'll take a screw driver tonight and see if I can get the plastic disk or putty? out of the way and reach the adjustment screw.

I'll also look at the plumbing schematic. I bet your right though. That makes total sense.

Mike
Old 02-14-2016, 08:31 PM   #5

Well so much for easy. I dug the plastic/crud away somewhat looking for a screw head and this is what I found. Looks like a hex head nut, but lots of digging left to go to get ahold of it! I'll see if I can clear it out tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1-IMG_20160214_182438.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	119066  
Old 02-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #6

If you have that much crud in there I suspect that a good cleaning may free things up. We had similar problems but we cleaned it up and no more problems. In fact it got a little too loose.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #7

If you need to replace the slider/shower head holder portion - Riobel 160 Universal Slider Bar Slider (Chrome or Brushed Nickel).

I used this replacement on one in the house.

Brian
Old 02-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #8

Thanks Brian for the link. After much scraping, and poking with a screw driver, I gave up. I'll order a new one!

MH
Old 02-27-2016, 07:47 AM   #9

Well we are right at 1500 miles on this first trip on the 2005 Inspire we purchased at Premier mcs in Tucson. Really nothing has been a problem, and we seem to be using all of the systems without any hiccups.

I do have one, I hope, silly question?

On the road, ( typically on rougher roads),I keep hearing a cabinet door slam in the rear of the coach. I sent the DW to the rear to find out which cabinet door in the bedroom is making the noise. She responds it is under the floor. I am thinking this is the Air Dryer? But I am not sure. How does the Air Bag system handle roll and fore to aft movement?

M
Old 02-27-2016, 10:06 AM   #10

It may be the sliding doors on the closet.

The air bag system should not make a banging noise during operation

Brian.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #11

Not sure if you have a metal safe located in the floor of your rear closet, but if its not locked it could be bouncing up and down. That may also explain why your wife thought it was coming from the floor.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhailey View Post
Well we are right at 1500 miles on this first trip on the 2005 Inspire we purchased at Premier mcs in Tucson. Really nothing has been a problem, and we seem to be using all of the systems without any hiccups.

I do have one, I hope, silly question?

On the road, ( typically on rougher roads),I keep hearing a cabinet door slam in the rear of the coach. I sent the DW to the rear to find out which cabinet door in the bedroom is making the noise. She responds it is under the floor. I am thinking this is the Air Dryer? But I am not sure. How does the Air Bag system handle roll and fore to aft movement?

M
Talking about Air Dryer, have you had it changed. Have you changed the hyd filters, mine say to change every 6,000mi. This time when I change them I will change the oil also or most of it.
I would check your shocks, maybe a broken one. I just had all 4 changed at OMC, great group of guys My front were still good but the rear were shot.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:44 PM   #13

The banging, and I hesitate to call it that, sounds like a cabinet door closing. It is not the obvious doors, or the closet. There is no safe, I'm aware of. I really do think it is the Air Dryer cycling, but could be wrong. I have been on high alert these last 3 weeks listening for weird noises.

2 Stroker, I'm headed to Junction City which is where the coach will be stored for the summer. I was hoping to get some paperwork from the Previous owner on service performed, but it hadn't happened as of yet. My plan is to have a complete service of the C9, and chassis done somewhere around JC. Then I will have a "house" gripe list for Premier before it goes into storage. Do you happen to have a suggestion for Chassis service up close to Eugene?
Old 02-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #14

You could give OMC a call
Oregon Motorcoach Center | Premium RV Service | Eugene, OR.
or Premier
Service | Premier RV
2 stroker

2 Stroker is online now   Reply With Quote