Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
New to me 2005 Inspire DaVinci

Hey CC folks.

Got the coach home and am really happy with it. Coach is in great shape and everything work properly and runs good.

I was prepared to have some $$ spent on upgrades and knew about the PTO and the Radiator which needs both.

Anyway the bedroom tv needs upgraded as well. Its the swing out of the cabinet version. I was thinking of reclaming that as storage and mounting on the wall. I would love to see any pics or ideas.

Also I was looking for a exterior 120v. outlet. Did I miss it in a compartment or do they not have one?

Steve

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #2

I have a 2005 Allure and the closest thing to an outdoor 120V is on the ceiling of one of the storage bays on the awning side.

HavasuRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #3

Congrats on your new coach! Just like ours. HavasuRed has it correct, look up in the storage bays.
Dale C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:43 AM   #4

Steve
How many miles do you have on it. If you have a Cat, you should call the Cat Hot line and see if anything has been done to the motor. 1-877-777-3126
I just got mine back today from Cat, had the valves adj. also a must do
Keep an eye on the radiator because they will fail and if you need to get a new one, look here Radiator Supply House - What can we build for you? Info on the wet PTO http://www.jdrv1.com/sitebuildercont...s/pto-101a.pdf also a must.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Steve
How many miles do you have on it. If you have a Cat, you should call the Cat Hot line and see if anything has been done to the motor. 1-877-777-3126
I just got mine back today from Cat, had the valves adj. also a must do
Keep an eye on the radiator because they will fail and if you need to get a new one, look here Radiator Supply House - What can we build for you? Info on the wet PTO http://www.jdrv1.com/sitebuildercont...s/pto-101a.pdf also a must.
2 stroker

Having service just completed at Fabick Cat here in St. Louis. Adjust valves he said a bit tight and a injector. Full check out. 26XXX miles

As for the pto ordered from JD and Radiator supply sent a drawing just to check sizing before I order.

BTW Fabick is a bit pricey for the labor rate but they are great. Normally I never feel good when I leave a service shop.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveoreno View Post
Having service just completed at Fabick Cat here in St. Louis. Adjust valves he said a bit tight and a injector. Full check out. 26XXX miles

As for the pto ordered from JD and Radiator supply sent a drawing just to check sizing before I order.

BTW Fabick is a bit pricey for the labor rate but they are great. Normally I never feel good when I leave a service shop.
These puppys are like a money pit Mine ran $400 for the valves and they also gave me an 8 page read out on the ECM lot of info, but it all checked out good.
One other thing, keep an eye on the Not-So-Cold. We just had the Samsung 197 RR installed and the wife loves it.
2 stroker
Old 04-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
These puppys are like a money pit Mine ran $400 for the valves and they also gave me an 8 page read out on the ECM lot of info, but it all checked out good.
One other thing, keep an eye on the Not-So-Cold. We just had the Samsung 197 RR installed and the wife loves it.
2 stroker

The not so cold is on my list. With all the other stuff its moved back on the list

I dont feel to bad cause we spent almost as much getting our brand new toyhauler right.

I do have another question. The fuel gauge will read a 1/4 tank but only be able to fill 55ish gallons or half a tank. Is that so the Genny does not run out or just needs adjust?
Old 04-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #8

One more question and I am sure not the last.

On the outside bottom of the windows it has some rectangular weep holes and has some black plastic covers that look like a reverse hood scoop. How many per window should they have. pretty flimsy and I bet I knock most off while washing.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
The weep hole covers do come off easy.!! I now try to remember to brush the bottom of the windows Horizontally with the brush. It helps to put them back on with a couple of dabs of silicone too.
They can be ordered through Country Coach or Kevin Waite. They are specific Driver or Passenger side.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja View Post
The weep hole covers do come off easy.!! I now try to remember to brush the bottom of the windows Horizontally with the brush. It helps to put them back on with a couple of dabs of silicone too.
They can be ordered through Country Coach or Kevin Waite. They are specific Driver or Passenger side.

The weep hole covers are also available on eBay
Old 04-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #11

BTW I forgot while at Cat the corrected the dipstick length.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #12

Steve,
I have a 2005 CC Inspire. I have changed out the bedroom CRT TV with an LED. I have reclaimed the cabinet for storage as the new TV is only 2" thick.
I have done many other upgrades as well. If you would like to communicate directly my e-mail is ronandsue74@yahoo.com
RJ
2005 Inspire #51264
Old 05-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #13

Wet pto kit done as well as the new radiator. We had a great trip out last weekend. Stiil want to do a few upgrades. We did make a small island that works great.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #14

One other thing. Keep the track on the front DS slide that drops down clean and spray some silicone lube on it and then check the four bolts that hold the drive gear box in place. All 4 of mine you could turn by hand so I removed one at a time and used blue Loctite on them. The other side just goes in and out, no drop down.
2 stroker