Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Looked at the used offerings from CC here in Redmond at the FMCA convention. Most of them looked rode hard and out away wet. They were in pretty bad shape considering the model years
When I was killing time waiting for service at CC in July, I checked the used coaches at Premier. No question what they had looked nicer overall than what I saw for sale at CC. When I was at Premier, the salesman introduced me to a woman who he said detailed all their inventory. She was polishing on a new arrival consignment sale coach. All of their coaches were spit-shined. I saw no one at CC doing anything to their used rigs and none of them seemed 'showroom ready'.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #16

We just finished a quick drop in at CC on our way South from Portland. This was last week on Tuesday afternoon. Saw a couple being dropped of and walking in the front door with their suit cases being pulled behind them.

As this was our first visit to CC, I did get a chance to talk with Kevin and we had a quick walk thru the buildings and facilities. I saw this couple going into their new to them used Intrigue, and then later going out for a shake down cruise with a member of the CC staff. My wife and I commented on how nice that coach looked, and how exciting for them it must have been to spend the first night in their new coach.

As they were climbing into it, I commented to the gentlemen that I felt the Intrigue was the 'sweet spot' for CC's. (Great balance between function and pricing!).

Looked like only 4-5 other coaches for sale, besides the Intrigue going out. I did not look close enough at them to detect the lack of detailing others have noted. I did have my wife walk into a 45' Magna to see the layout trim options, it looked pretty good from the outside too. The lighting did not seem to be real brite in that area, as say in the working area beyond it, so that maybe why nothing jumped out at me about the conditions of the rigs.

Wish we'd had the time to visit Premier, but we wanted to also have some contact with Oregon Motor Coach too. We did, I liked their shop. I called them once about two months after we got our Allure with a question. (This was before CC started back up again.) The Service Manager had me hold a few minutes and he had a Service Tech get on the phone with me. The gent took over 15 mins talking me thru what I was working on, and said to call back and ask for him if I got stuck. I always remembered that, and thus my reason for wanting to be in the OMC to look things over.

Best to all,
Smitty

Old 08-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
We just finished a quick drop in at CC on our way South from Portland. This was last week on Tuesday afternoon. Saw a couple being dropped of and walking in the front door with their suit cases being pulled behind them.

As this was our first visit to CC, I did get a chance to talk with Kevin and we had a quick walk thru the buildings and facilities. I saw this couple going into their new to them used Intrigue, and then later going out for a shake down cruise with a member of the CC staff. My wife and I commented on how nice that coach looked, and how exciting for them it must have been to spend the first night in their new coach.

As they were climbing into it, I commented to the gentlemen that I felt the Intrigue was the 'sweet spot' for CC's. (Great balance between function and pricing!).

Looked like only 4-5 other coaches for sale, besides the Intrigue going out. I did not look close enough at them to detect the lack of detailing others have noted. I did have my wife walk into a 45' Magna to see the layout trim options, it looked pretty good from the outside too. The lighting did not seem to be real brite in that area, as say in the working area beyond it, so that maybe why nothing jumped out at me about the conditions of the rigs.

Wish we'd had the time to visit Premier, but we wanted to also have some contact with Oregon Motor Coach too. We did, I liked their shop. I called them once about two months after we got our Allure with a question. (This was before CC started back up again.) The Service Manager had me hold a few minutes and he had a Service Tech get on the phone with me. The gent took over 15 mins talking me thru what I was working on, and said to call back and ask for him if I got stuck. I always remembered that, and thus my reason for wanting to be in the OMC to look things over.

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty, I think you hit on what I was really tying to say. The condition (mechanical or otherwise) at Premier may not have been any better overall than what I saw at CC. It was how the used coaches were presented. Premier had them all parked facing one another with bright lighting above, more of a showroom appearance. CC just had them parked in a row in the same general area as the shop with little lighting. Premier did seem to have them all detailed nicely...shiney tires, etc.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #18

One thing I liked better at Country Coach was that we were free to look at the coaches on our own. At Premier we had either Louie or Gary in tow. We like to take our time when looking at coaches--it's not like we're going to anything unsavory in them!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #19

I get you both on your thinking of both 'presentation' and also 'looking things over on your own'.

Because 'I Care' about possible future CC owners. I pledge to show my coach fully detailed, and also in proper lighting conditions.

And, for a limited time only, the misses will cook a dozen chocolate chip cookies to be made available on a first come first served basis.

All of this for a special to you only pricing of $2500 per 30 mins of viewing, 30 minute minimum. BUT WAIT - for the first 50 who respond, we'll also include free Shipping & Handling of a Photograph Commemoration of your visit!!

Hey guys, to be clear, I have no horse in this race! Of CC used coach sales. I only with the best for not only those that insist on making any Used Coach 'right' on a mechanical basis, but also for those that purchase them.

I bought our coach off of a Consigned Sale for a 'fair' price, but for sure not a supper 'discount price'. I know that Holland Motors (San Diego/San Marcos) made their costs/profits on the sale. And I'm pretty sure just as I would have enjoyed paying less, the Owner would have also enjoyed getting a bit more. too.

These are big ticket items, and getting one that you feel is 'right' for you, I feel is more important then getting the 'rock bottom' price.

Happy hunting for those whom are looking, and best to those that are selling. Be fair, but also be reasonable. Go out and get a rig and enjoy it for what it is - an "E Ticket" Ride away from it all, for awhile

Best,
Smitty
Old 08-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #20

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good one Smitty..but you forgot the additional fees for the original sales brochures!
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbounder View Post
Good one Smitty..but you forgot the additional fees for the original sales brochures!
And the ridiculous "Doc" fee. I tried to get a $100.00 "Check Writing" fee but was not very successful.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:19 AM   #22

Good Evening Everyone, Sorry I have not responded lately, But the DW and I went up to Junction City, OR this week. We stopped in at a number of RV dealers in the Eugene and Junction City area and also at Premier RV. You are right, the used CC at Premier RV are nicely detailed. We talked to Joel, Susan and Louie went with us on a test drive. We ended up purchasing a rig from them. Now my question is “Now What?”
Thank you all the information you have passed on to us through this thread.

Slopoke (Scott)
Old 08-24-2014, 06:16 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Good Evening Everyone, Sorry I have not responded lately, But the DW and I went up to Junction City, OR this week. We stopped in at a number of RV dealers in the Eugene and Junction City area and also at Premier RV. You are right, the used CC at Premier RV are nicely detailed. We talked to Joel, Susan and Louie went with us on a test drive. We ended up purchasing a rig from them. Now my question is “Now What?”
Thank you all the information you have passed on to us through this thread.

Slopoke (Scott)
OK don't keep us in suspense. What did you get? Also remember that it isn't so until you show us some pics
Old 08-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #24

We purchased a 2007 Country Coach 37ft Allure 470. We are planning to pick it up in October. Pictures will have to wait until then. We are having an easy chair removed and a computer desk put in. We can’t wait to bring it home and start using it.
We will enjoy the ride!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #25

Is this the one
2007 Allure 37′ | Premier RV
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #26

Yes it is. We are taking out one of the red chairs and having a computer desk put in. The desk will hopefully include a small temperature controlled wine cellar. Since I am a part time winemaker here in Califormia, we wanted to be able to take some of my wine with us.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #27

Congratulations, great looking coach.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:14 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Scott, that is a great looking coach. I saw that coach when we were there and paid special attention to it since it is the same color scheme (Petra) as our 470. Does it have the 400 ISL or the CAT? Either way, at 37' with either of those engines, it should be a rocket .

Tags