Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #1

Newbie questions

Hello to all, I am purchasing a 2004 Inspire Genoa Neptune and was wondering if anyone could tell me if this model came with a surge protector. The power switch device is in a compartment with the power cord reel and power runs from it to a cabinet behind the booth. The breakers are located on this cabinet and it has false doors, I can remove a drawer and see the back of electric panel and I don't see a surge protector in that space. I would like to add one.

Also it has a in motion satelite dish and some type of tv antenna on the roof, it is not the traditional looking crank up winegaurd, it is more of a fixed antenna and is not very tall. I was wondering if this was a digital tv antenna and was it added or did it come with coach.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2014, 10:19 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I can not answer your question about the surge protector.... BUT... that other antenna is for over the air TV reception. You should have some type of switch near the in-motion equipment where you turn it on that says "cable and/or antenna". At least mine does and in an adjoining cabinet you have a switch that raises or lower and turns this antenna for reception.

Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:45 AM   #3

Retired Fire Service RVer's
My Magna also has a power raise/turn digital antenna. I also have the Antenna/cable switch described. Mine happen to be on opposite sides of the coach. The power raise controls are in the same compartment as the Magnum power control system.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #4

I believe all Inspires came with surge protectors. As mentioned, it's mounted on the wall aft of the shore power cord reel. One way to tell is when you plug into shore power, there will be a 2 min and 10 second delay before the surge protector allows electrical power to be applied to the coach. The surge protector should be clearly visible. It has a key to turn it to by-pass.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lshew View Post
I believe all Inspires came with surge protectors. As mentioned, it's mounted on the wall aft of the shore power cord reel. One way to tell is when you plug into shore power, there will be a 2 min and 10 second delay before the surge protector allows electrical power to be applied to the coach. The surge protector should be clearly visible. It has a key to turn it to by-pass.
I have the same thing, but you should never use the by-pass that kills your protection
I would like to install this one, this is what I had in my Alpenlite 5er.
Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C Hardwire Surge Protector 50 Amp
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #6

Thanks for the feedback, I pick it up next week. I have a lot to learn, If it doesn't have surge protection, I will get one and install it.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #7

Get the build sheet and the brochure for your coach and it should say in one of those. The surge protector in mine is listed in my brochure. Welcome to CC ownership. They are great coaches. By all means call the factory in junction city with questions. They have been very helpful to us. Also Kevin Waite in junction city.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Second the recommendation to contact Kevin Waite. Kevin offers a full year of unlimited technical support for a reasonable fee. I have subscribed to his service and I believe I have already saved in possible labor fees what I paid him using this service. Kevin or his associated with walk you thru repairs (or provide tech support for someone else you may have doing repairs).

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags