Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #15

PapaYams - I bought my Country Coach a bit over a year ago and could not be happier. I looked extensively at other motor home brands such as Newmar, Fleetwood, Alpine, Beaver, and Monaco. In the end we just kept going back to the fact that Country Coach made a beautiful coach that was being sold at a fair price. You are looking at a bit older models than what we considered, but if you can live without slides the 1990's CCs are great vehicles. The first Country Coach I was ever in was a 1995 or 96 36' Magna. I loved the quality inside and out.

A couple of people have chimed in that this site is for Newmar, Tiffin, and Winny posters. Don't you believe it. All of the major brands are here with lots of readers. It is true that there is a Yahoo Country Coach site that you should check out. And that one does post brochures of the various years and models. That site is where I got the brochure for my coach. Some people have also suggested other brands, but since you specifically asked about Country Coach it seems a bit odd. IMHO there was not a Newmar made in 1996 that was half as nice as a Country Coach Magna. Or any Fleetwood.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Before you make your final decision, drive an Alpine.
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:10 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CC makes a great coach as does Newmar and others but if it's in your budget don't forget to look at a Foretravel. Many sites to look at RVONLINE.com, RVSEARCH.com, the classifieds on this forum, PPL motorhoes just to name a few. Good Luck and hope you find the rig that is just right for you.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500drvr View Post
The guy is interested in a used C.C. and you offer up a Fleetwood. Are you actually serious? Maybe you should stick to the Fleetwood owners forum where you can be more productive to those owners with your astute observations.

Uncalled for...

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Uncalled for...
I agree! Totally uncalled for.
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers

Hi,

I certainly hope you find your dream coach and it won't matter what brand just so you ansd the DW like it.

Being you are a newbie I would make a few suggestions and that is go rent a RV or just drive an RV. Do you think you can drive a 40' Rv and don't forget down the road you will probably towing a car or something which makes for a longgggg unit?

THe 40' are for sure what you need to F/T and some people just like them however I think, my opion, that they started out with something smaller first.

One last thing to consider and that is a lot of the campgrounds will not be able to fit a RV that long as I know that State Parks usually have a 35' limit. So I would sdo more checking on this site before you purchase anything.

Good Luck!
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Your statement that you don't know what you don't know leads me to believe that this will be your first purchase. Not to discourage you, but more than a few people have spent a lot of money on a high end MH and then discovered after a few months that RVing was not for them. We tend to go into situations looking at all the positives, then once committed we realize the negatives as well. I would suggest for a first coach that you buy something that can be resold without too much trouble and loss, (if you find this is not your cup of tea). If you find that you do like your experience, you can always trade up.
If you like arguments, ask what is better Ford or Chevy. People are going to be supportive towards what they personally purchased. It helps them convince themselves they made the right choice.
Basic rule is you get what you pay for.
DannyB1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:29 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB1954 View Post
Your statement that you don't know what you don't know leads me to believe that this will be your first purchase. Not to discourage you, but more than a few people have spent a lot of money on a high end MH and then discovered after a few months that RVing was not for them. We tend to go into situations looking at all the positives, then once committed we realize the negatives as well. I would suggest for a first coach that you buy something that can be resold without too much trouble and loss, (if you find this is not your cup of tea). If you find that you do like your experience, you can always trade up.
If you like arguments, ask what is better Ford or Chevy. People are going to be supportive towards what they personally purchased. It helps them convince themselves they made the right choice.
Basic rule is you get what you pay for.
I totally agree that you should rent a unit for a week first and find out if you like the experience, can handle driving and then make a purchase on a unit that will be right for you. If you do your homework well you can purchase the perfect coach for you and the DW the first time. Don't get into a hurry, don't get sidetracked. Some like to recommend certain brands to share in the aggravation they have experienced. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #23

Am I in the wrong place? I was looking for a forum about Country Coach BRAND, Motorhomes, and their owners. This forum seems to be about all brands of motorhomes, Feetwood, Newmar, Alpine, Tiffin. Is there a forum which is just about Country Coach?
Herbie801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie801 View Post
Am I in the wrong place? I was looking for a forum about Country Coach BRAND, Motorhomes, and their owners. This forum seems to be about all brands of motorhomes, Feetwood, Newmar, Alpine, Tiffin. Is there a forum which is just about Country Coach?
The link to CC Owners group at Yahoo is in one of the above messages.

There is a CC specific Community on this forum.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE=wildtoad;783890]Uncalled for...[/QUOTE

I'm confused, too. My Prevost-owner next door neighb, and another Prevost Liberty owning friend, along with a Newell-owning buddy all love my Fleetwood; the latter two have driven it.

I'm new to this business and have no brand loyalty; the Fleetwood seems high quality, and has offered no real problems. I out-accelerate the 470hp Liberty with my lil' 350 Cat. Plus, when a Prevost and I were anchored together in the recent winter blast in NM, he was frozen much of the time while the only reason I lost so much as a hot shower was my own stupidity in managing my basement heat and not catching the effect of a cracked clothes dryer hose on my laundry bay sooner.

I hear lots of good things about Newmar and CC, but notice they all seem to feature the same components, no matter what make.

Good luck with your purchase. I think contrived snobbery is extremely rare here; 99 out of 100 of these folks have the big picture, and are all too willing to help. This is a great bunch and they've certainly been a lifesaver for wifey and I!!
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote